TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@Sixgun yes, pilot can use his own NVG set if you wish so. Also we will have a custom pilot config in next release where pilot model will be the same but gear will be configured a bit more realistically.

Guys

Just updated to V1.2 and now I cannot find it within the editor.. Can somone post exactly where it is please!

thanks

Got it, for some reason mod wasn't running. Re-downloaded a fresh one and all is good..

Edited by marker

You guys have made ARMA fun again!!!!

Can we get an OPFOR version???? With Iranian Paint jobs?

I mean, the US will sell weapons to pretty much anyone, so I wouldn't be surprised they sold thsee to Iran before hostilities broke out.

We need some Iranian MiG29 and F-14s to give the SuperHornet some challenge ( I can score over 30 kills on Infinite Gauntlet mission, the Buzzard is no match for this awesome fighter lol

Absolutely the most incredible thing i have witnessed in ARMA in a long time. Take a bow John_Spartan and SAUL, this is epic work!

John and Saul I must congratulate you all with this superb F/A-18E/F addon! Thank you for getting a real well put together Hornet in game. Congrats!

;2525371']We need some Iranian MiG29 and F-14s to give the SuperHornet some challenge ( I can score over 30 kills on Infinite Gauntlet mission' date=' the Buzzard is no match for this awesome fighter lol[/quote']

The F14 tomcat and supertomcat work in arma3 but need tweaking. Maybe John and Saul could get permission from F14 bloke and add weapons functions and tweaks that they have made available on their F18.

Buzzard - that feels and looks like a dinosaur.

The F14 tomcat and supertomcat work in arma3 but need tweaking. Maybe John and Saul could get permission from F14 bloke and add weapons functions and tweaks that they have made available on their F18.
... are you talking about dropping the Arma 2 Tomcat (there was a Super Tomcat download???) into Arma 3 and placing it as Empty, or...? Because when I tried that, there were... issues...

As far as the service menu, I recall an interesting post from John_Spartan in another thread about a proposal/concept-illustration of the service menu being usable for the vanilla (BI-made) Arma 2 aircraft, i.e. the service menu having the AV-8B instead of the F/A-18E/F... a very interesting template, not least since the GUI's visuals (if not necessarily the dropdown-menu interaction) scream "AAA game GUI"* and it's gotten positive "first-impression" response off of these forums...

Buzzard - that feels and looks like a dinosaur.
Considering that the AAF inventory comes off like hand-me downs with the exception of certain infantry kit (namely the assault rifles, SMGs and sidearms), nothing about this really surprises me. :p

* This is not a bad thing.

... are you talking about dropping the Arma 2 Tomcat (there was a Super Tomcat download???) into Arma 3 and placing it as Empty, or...? Because when I tried that, there were... issues...

Not wanting to move away from F18 stuff but what issue - no pilot access? PM me.

The ArmA2 Tomcat needs to be loaded up with AiA to work properly, but I was just hinting if any developers of said birds would port them to A3 as John_Spartan and Saul did outstandly ;D

The Iranian mod (ArmA2 -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97511-Iranian-Forces-Mod ) could be ported over to A3, but I guess its developers didn´t like BIS vilanizing them as CSAT =P

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2525511']The ArmA2 Tomcat needs to be loaded up with AiA to work properly' date=' but I was just hinting if any developers of said birds would port them to A3 as John_Spartan and Saul did outstandly ;D

The Iranian mod (ArmA2 -> [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97511-Iranian-Forces-Mod[/url] ) could be ported over to A3, but I guess its developers didn´t like BIS vilanizing them as CSAT =P

F14's directly into arma3 work fine - only modification I see is weapons tweaks, display and fact it hit the lines on carrier and stop/explodes. Apart from that the fly fast, sound good etc... (NO AIA Needed)

Back to the F18, the new control keys for tailhook and afterburner are great.

Ehhhhh, the problem for me re: the keybinds was that the afterburner key is, by the current Arma 3 keybind preset default, also shared with "yaw right"...

jungleNZ, I believe that I also had missing textures when actually viewing said F-14 mod (if we're thinking of the same one from Arma 2), to say nothing of how a lot of the texture work seemed to be for the exterior whereas the interior was much more reminiscent of or lower resolution than BI's own cockpits...

The afterburner effect from Mukcep's Arma 2 Tornado mod still look great in Arma 3. Even has heat haze from them.

The afterburner effect from Mukcep's Arma 2 Tornado mod still look great in Arma 3. Even has heat haze from them.

Although it sounds great I didn't really think that afterburner looked good. This one however looks a lot better although its not a proper shader effect yet.

In my opnion Ace Combat 6 still has one of the best looking aferburner effects. Although it didn't have heat haze effect. I don't know wether that would be possible in Arma 3 though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StO_XL8a4eY&t=4m40s

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Before the update I hit Numpad-0 and that bought up the Targeting Pod FLIR for the WSO, now it does not...how do I use the Pod now?

@AbShire, WSO optics can be engaged just like riffle optics/or any other vehicle optics. By default RMB.

@CyclonicTuna, afterburners as you shoved in video for F/A-18 C in VBS 2 is a built in feature, something A2/A3 don't have yet. If I understand it correctly its done as a particle effects in VBS 2. We are thinking about options to have something similar, at latter stage of this mod.

note: actually they don't look much different to my Arma 1 aerial effects ... (it can be just them)

i have the old scripts still somewhere...

"Prometheus has come down from Olympus to give us fire"

we would appreciate if we could take a peak on such script mate.

@CyclonicTuna, afterburners as you shoved in video for F/A-18 C in VBS 2 is a built in feature, something A2/A3 don't have yet. If I understand it correctly its done as a particle effects in VBS 2. We are thinking about options to have something similar, at latter stage of this mod.

Ok we'll see then. Its not like I think its a required feature, it would just be really cool to have. I don't want to be known as the guy who just wants afterburners ;P. Its still an awsome mod.

@CyclonicTuna, no we want this feature as well, for a better emersion. It will be added once we figure out the best way to get it done. At the first release we had to pick most important feature and leave other stuff on backburner just so we can release it to public. Keep an eye on the future updates mate. We have some cool stuff planned for this and other projects.

@AbShire, WSO optics can be engaged just like riffle optics/or any other vehicle optics. By default RMB.
Maybe AbShire was using All in Arma? I had the vehicle optics keybind for my WSO end up as 'zoom' instead of 'switch to ATFLIR' until I disabled AiA.

You guys did a great job on this. One of the "better" addons so far. :cool:

@Iceman, man without your input on GUI setup samples and guidance our "Service menu" would not even be included, so thanks for your assistance on this one again mate. Have you updated your tutorial page for A3 GUI editing yet? If you need exaples to share in tutorial drop me a PM I'll be happy to share the source files of the "Service menu" mate.

@Chortles, that AIA mod is not supported, so if there are any issues with that take it to the relevant discussion on AIA forum tread. All my work is/will be developed with compatibility of vanilla/stable A3 game. I personally believe its time to move on off the old stuff and create more A3 dedicated content instead of "downgrading" new engine/game to get access to old stuff.

If anyone has any "issues" with using any of features of this mod with A3 vanilla latest patch, we will be happy look in to it and fix any bugs with next releases. So any feedback is much appreciated to create much better mod for all of us. Thank you.

Edited by John_Spartan
my grammar

I understand re: AiA, just bringing that up as a possible reason why AbShire may have had the WSO/ATFLIR issue, not something wrong with your implementation. :)