tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I've a problem with TPW_Settings.jar

It seems enable/disable doesn't work for the tpw_hud, i have to manually modify TPW_MODS.hpp to enable or disable it.

Hello,

Since a few updates ago, I am unable to spawn any civs and parked cars. I understand some of the code has been moved to tpw_core, but even after calling this I don't get any parked cars or civs. Map I'm using is Afghan Village. Also I can't get tpw_hud to work, any clue? Thanks in advance

I've a problem with TPW_Settings.jar

It seems enable/disable doesn't work for the tpw_hud, i have to manually modify TPW_MODS.hpp to enable or disable it.

Yes I know, TPW HUD is still not implemented yet, since I want to make a working live preview for it. You can read about this in the Limitations section in the README here: https://github.com/Gliptal/TPW-Settings

• HUD is still not implemented: you will have to edit those values manually.

I'll be back working on it on Friday.

Yay!

TPW MODS 20140423: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140423.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.17] HUD will briefly glitch if player is hit. Additional code optimisations.

Hello,

Since a few updates ago, I am unable to spawn any civs and parked cars. I understand some of the code has been moved to tpw_core, but even after calling this I don't get any parked cars or civs. Map I'm using is Afghan Village. Also I can't get tpw_hud to work, any clue? Thanks in advance

All the mods are working just fine on Afghan Village (and other maps) whether running as scripts or as addons - I just checked. Please make sure that you copy across the latest TPW_MODS.hpp to your userconfig/TPW_MODS directory.

All the mods are working just fine on Afghan Village (and other maps) whether running as scripts or as addons - I just checked. Please make sure that you copy across the latest TPW_MODS.hpp to your userconfig/TPW_MODS directory.

I've done this already. No civs or parked cars. I call the script exactly the way as described in the script itself.

I've done this already. No civs or parked cars. I call the script exactly the way as described in the script itself.

OK so you're calling the script versions. Have a look at how I run mine:

//TPW MODS
0 = [] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_core.sqf";
sleep 0.5;
0 = [60,600,2] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_air.sqf";
0 = [10,15,250,75,120] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_animals.sqf";
0 = [2,0.4,0.6,0.8] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_bleedout.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,15,4] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_boats.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,15,3,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_cars.sqf";
0 = [5,150,15,4,2,50,2,20,15,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_civs.sqf";
if (isNil "bcombat") then {0 = [5,10,0,500,1,1,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_ebs.sqf"}; \\ only run TPW EBS if bcombat is not running
0 = [100,500,10,1,30] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_fall.sqf";
0 = [250,5,1,1,1,1,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_fog.sqf";
0 = [60] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_hint.sqf";
0 = [10] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_houselights.sqf";
0 = [
[25,500], // range of goggles
[1,1,1], // HUD and friendly units colour
[1,0.5,0], // enemy units colour
[0,1,1], // squad colour
0.6, // initial HUD brightness
[1,0.59,0.454,1], // ASL where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size
[1,0.5,0.452,1], // AZT 
[1,0.4,0.45,1], // GRD 
[1,0.4,0.5,1], // LMT 
[1,0.59,0.504,1], // TMP 
[1,0.4,0.55,1], // HLT 
[1,0.5,0.552,1], // RNG 
[1,0.59,0.554,1], // VEL 
[1,1,0.25,0.6], // UNITS/MARKERS, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size (1 = same size as HUD text)
//[-0.02,-0.015], // HUD offset [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5  // centre
[0.35,0.28], // HUD offset [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5  // bottom left
0.8, // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
1.05, // text scale. > 1 = larger
1 // HUD degradation over distance
] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_hud.sqf";
0 = [0,100,25,2] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_los.sqf";
0 = [25,300,150,20,15] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_park.sqf";
0 = [1,1,60] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_radio.sqf";
0 = [] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_rainfx.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,1,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_streetlights.sqf";

Obviously, my scripts are all sitting in my arma3\scripts\tpw_mods directory.

The thing is that to run the script versions fully, you'll still need tpw_hud.pbo, tpw_music.pbo and tpw_sounds.pbo running, since these provide other assets such as HUD data, sound and music.

Oooh I like the idea of the flicker effect .. nice work tpw.

Will test it out this evening. Good to see even further optimisations (although it is pretty good already!)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

OK so you're calling the script versions. Have a look at how I run mine:

//TPW MODS
0 = [] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_core.sqf";
sleep 0.5;
0 = [60,600,2] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_air.sqf";
0 = [10,15,250,75,120] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_animals.sqf";
0 = [2,0.4,0.6,0.8] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_bleedout.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,15,4] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_boats.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,15,3,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_cars.sqf";
0 = [5,150,15,4,2,50,2,20,15,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_civs.sqf";
if (isNil "bcombat") then {0 = [5,10,0,500,1,1,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_ebs.sqf"}; \\ only run TPW EBS if bcombat is not running
0 = [100,500,10,1,30] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_fall.sqf";
0 = [250,5,1,1,1,1,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_fog.sqf";
0 = [60] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_hint.sqf";
0 = [10] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_houselights.sqf";
0 = [
[25,500], // range of goggles
[1,1,1], // HUD and friendly units colour
[1,0.5,0], // enemy units colour
[0,1,1], // squad colour
0.6, // initial HUD brightness
[1,0.59,0.454,1], // ASL where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size
[1,0.5,0.452,1], // AZT 
[1,0.4,0.45,1], // GRD 
[1,0.4,0.5,1], // LMT 
[1,0.59,0.504,1], // TMP 
[1,0.4,0.55,1], // HLT 
[1,0.5,0.552,1], // RNG 
[1,0.59,0.554,1], // VEL 
[1,1,0.25,0.6], // UNITS/MARKERS, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size (1 = same size as HUD text)
//[-0.02,-0.015], // HUD offset [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5  // centre
[0.35,0.28], // HUD offset [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5  // bottom left
0.8, // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
1.05, // text scale. > 1 = larger
1 // HUD degradation over distance
] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_hud.sqf";
0 = [0,100,25,2] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_los.sqf";
0 = [25,300,150,20,15] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_park.sqf";
0 = [1,1,60] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_radio.sqf";
0 = [] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_rainfx.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,1,1] execvm "\scripts\tpw_mods\tpw_streetlights.sqf";

Obviously, my scripts are all sitting in my arma3\scripts\tpw_mods directory.

The thing is that to run the script versions fully, you'll still need tpw_hud.pbo, tpw_music.pbo and tpw_sounds.pbo running, since these provide other assets such as HUD data, sound and music.

Copied exact same code, scripts are in the same folder and just to be sure I removed every other script from my mission. No luck

Copied exact same code, scripts are in the same folder and just to be sure I removed every other script from my mission. No luck

Well that's just weird. Are you at least getting the startup hint? Are you on stable or dev?

EDIT: 1 last thought, you're not running the addon version TPW_MODS.pbo at the same time are you? In the old days, the script version would detect when the addon was running and quit, recent changes to save game behaviour have meant that this no longer happens. If you have the script and addon version running at the same time you will get all sorts of weird behaviours as they fight for the same variables.

Edited by tpw

Well that's just weird. Are you at least getting the startup hint? Are you on stable or dev?

EDIT: 1 last thought, you're not running the addon version TPW_MODS.pbo at the same time are you? In the old days, the script version would detect when the addon was running and quit, recent changes to save game behaviour have meant that this no longer happens. If you have the script and addon version running at the same time you will get all sorts of weird behaviours as they fight for the same variables.

Nope, not running the addon, and yes I get the startup hint or debug hints. It just stays at 0

Nope, not running the addon, and yes I get the startup hint or debug hints. It just stays at 0

Civ debugging should show you the number of houses available for civs to spawn into. WHat do you see there?

Are you using CAF Aggressors? If you are not, then there's a chance my code is incorrectly switching to tying to spawn them. Try running with -showscripterrors enabled, wich could give feedback if the system is trying to spawn non existent civ classes. I will check this hypothesis out.

EDIT: Greek civs are spawning OK on non greek maps if not using CAF Aggressors.

Edited by tpw

TPW SETTINGS

[1.1.0]

- program now opens in the center of the screen

- ENTER key press is no longer required

- added HUD section

- working 'REVERT' button

Important changes made to README:

It is coded in Java so the JVM is required (although 95% of PCs and Laptops will already have it installed by default)
'APPLY': saves any changes you made by writing them in the config file. 'REVERT': cancels any changes you made by reloading the values that were set just before the program was run.
- HUD is only partially implemented: you still have to insert all values as strings (no checkboxes and comboboxes yet).

- HUD tooltips missing.

Download it from github

I completely reimplemented most of the code. From the outside the changes are minor (the major and best one is that you don't need to press enter every time you change a value anymore); from the inside it's another story, since I finally made use of abstract classes. Whatever.

1.2.0 is already in the works, and the main added feauture will be working presets: this means you are going to be able save and load different configurations with ease.

@tpw: How exactly does your .hpp work? My guess is that it simply acts as an interface, and in that case the order which parameters are declared wouldn't be important. Another possibility is that somewhere in your code the file gets parsed, and in that case parameter ordering would be relevant.

I'm asking because the whole file would be easier to modify (even from a GUI point of view) if parameters would be consistently placed along mods (for example "delay" should be the first parameter in every mod). I could rearrange it in no time, but I need to know if you can then use the rearrangement yourself.

Yay!

TPW SETTINGS

Important changes made to README:

Download it from github

I completely reimplemented most of the code. From the outside the changes are minor (the major and best one is that you don't need to press enter every time you change a value anymore); from the inside it's another story, since I finally made use of abstract classes. Whatever.

1.2.0 is already in the works, and the main added feauture will be working presets: this means you are going to be able save and load different configurations with ease.

@tpw: How exactly does your .hpp work? My guess is that it simply acts as an interface, and in that case the order which parameters are declared wouldn't be important. Another possibility is that somewhere in your code the file gets parsed, and in that case parameter ordering would be relevant.

I'm asking because the whole file would be easier to modify (even from a GUI point of view) if parameters would be consistently placed along mods (for example "delay" should be the first parameter in every mod). I could rearrange it in no time, but I need to know if you can then use the rearrangement yourself.

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal, this is awesome as usual.

Feel free to order the hpp parameters in any way that makes your life easier. Parameter order is only important in the init which launches the scripts.

Civ debugging should show you the number of houses available for civs to spawn into. WHat do you see there?

Are you using CAF Aggressors? If you are not, then there's a chance my code is incorrectly switching to tying to spawn them. Try running with -showscripterrors enabled, wich could give feedback if the system is trying to spawn non existent civ classes. I will check this hypothesis out.

EDIT: Greek civs are spawning OK on non greek maps if not using CAF Aggressors.

Debug says: civs:0 houses:scalar

And yes, I'm using CAF Agressors, but I had no problem with that in previous versions

Debug says: civs:0 houses:scalar

And yes, I'm using CAF Agressors, but I had no problem with that in previous versions

OK well that means it is not scanning for houses, which means that tpw_core.sqf isn't running. Are you sure that you have tpw_core.sqf running as well as whatever other scripts you want?

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

TPW MODS 20140426: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140426.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.18] Predictive targetting. HUD will display the unit's icon as well as a targetting icon showing where the unit will be in the time it takes your projectile (muzzle velocity determined by HUD) to reach it.

tpw the link is dead i get error 404

Aargh bloody dropbox, slow upload speeds, mumble grumble. Try again LP.

Huh, slightly coincidental. I was out "hunting" in Arma out to 300m with irons and your HUD, and I was thinking of how a ballistic calculator would have been a cool thing for the HUD. HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?

^^ he sold his soul to the devil! Pure brilliance tpw. Loving the new stuff.

@tpw: I noticed you put my .exe in the userconfig folder along my .jar: there is no need to do so, since I'll be making only .jars from now on. I created that .exe in the hopes (hopes that were destroyed sadly) it wouldn't make the JVM required for the program to run.

Also, your latest package still has 1.0.0 and not 1.1.0 in it. Don't bother reuploading though, since I'll be pushing 1.2.0 with presets in just a few hours. I'll add a version number somewhere for a quick reference.

Yay!

My reaction as soon as everything regarding presets started working:

Will push it later tonight.

Yay!