Sign in to follow this  
Antorugby

[SP] Ghosthawk Shift

r1et5i.jpg

You are a Ghosthawk Pilot, you have to accomplish the given tasks during your shift.

Features:

4 Various Tasks to accomplish.

Exfil under enemy fire.

Support with Gunners.

Search and Rescue Mission.

You can change the time of the mission.

You can change the weather.

It's made on the DEV version.

Armaholic mirror:

- Ghosthawk Shift [bETA]

Workshop:

- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176307296

Credits:

IceWolfthe5th for his Simple Flare script (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22448)

kylania for answering at all my questions.

Edited by Antorugby

I've added the Armaholic and Workshop links.

Probably I will add more tasks in this days.

I have update a new version of the mission with more tasks, I think that now the mission is complete and I would love some feedbacks.

Will provide feedback once I get access to the game again (will take less than a week unless real life interferes).

Hi,

Finally gave this one a go but I'm afraid I have encountered a serious bug that prevents me from progressing the mission.

Second task, I'm ordered to make my way to an Hot LZ only to find that the leader of the Squad I was supposed to rescue is stuck with his binoculars. Perhaps removing them completely would prevent this?

I'll give this one another go once you have analised and corrected this situation.

Thank you for playing my mission after all this time.

Uhm first time that I hear of this bug, do you mind if I ask you some questions?

Have you downloaded the mission from the workshop or armaholic? Is it updated? Can you describe me how do you get on the lz? The approach is direct or do you take a different direction? how much do you stay on the lz? Are you on the dev or stable branch?

How many time have you tried the mission?

I know these are a lot of questions, but it's the first time the I see this bug and more answer could help to locate the problem, thank you so much.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

Armaholic link is updated cause we link to your steam workshop page.

Yep, thank you for that, I've to edit the first post.

I was asking because the first version of the mission was not linked with Steam, and since the first reply is from a couple of days ago I thought that he could have an older version.

Thank you for playing my mission after all this time.

Uhm first time that I hear of this bug, do you mind if I ask you some questions?

Have you downloaded the mission from the workshop or armaholic? Is it updated? Can you describe me how do you get on the lz? The approach is direct or do you take a different direction? how much do you stay on the lz? Are you on the dev or stable branch?

How many time have you tried the mission?

I know these are a lot of questions, but it's the first time the I see this bug and more answer could help to locate the problem, thank you so much.

Hello,

First off sorry for not having taken a screenshot of the situation I encountered. Completely forgot.

To answer your questions:

a) Workshop

b) It should automatically update itself right?

c & d) I just flew a low as I could (there was info of enemy AA near the LZ) in a straight direction

e) Only once but worry not because I will play it some more

f) Currently on stable branch

Maybe it was some random bug, let me know if work that next time! Thank you for your time.

Hi Anto,

Gave this one another go, here's my thoughts:

Mission concept:

Since the Ghosthawk is not a Gunship, I knew this mission was mainly about transporting troops around. I love missions that don't revolve only around shooting and in this regard it did bring some fresh air to my scenario database.

Intro:

None, I always like those but I understand your knowledge might be limited to create one (hey, I don't know how to create one neither).

Briefing:

No briefing? This is a serious issue! Should be top priority if you want to update the mission further.

Mission:

Great, seeing flying throughout Altis is always a pleasure. First task was calm, dropped the troops and moved to the hot LZ. This time the Infantry Squad Leader didn't get stuck with binoculars in hand and actually got his act together. However my bird took heavy damage, engine was red and instruments went yellow. Ordered back to base, dropped the troops but despite being informed by radio of a repair team waiting for me I neither saw them nor any repairs. Third task to provide fire support ended with me being shot down by the enemy Infantry. My gunners were very passive and I believe that having no direct control over them is actually making them less efective in combat. Was disappointed to see that being shot down equals mission failure, would be much cooler if you either had to get back to base on foot or request evac yourself.

Debriefing:

Still didn't complete the mission, so unknown.

Outro:

Same as above.

Screenshots:

2013_09_16_00004.jpg

2013_09_16_00005.jpg

2013_09_16_00006.jpg

Edited by HKFlash

HkFlash really appreciate your time and thought, thank you so much!

About the intro what do you mean? I could have use the UAV intro shoot, but everybody is using it lol.

About the briefing I thought it was useless, I didn't know what to write, it's a just a "folloe your orders, there is not a story behind.

I'm glad the bug didn't happen again, about the repair, you should land on your pad, the trigger is really small, and shut down your engine for the repair procedure as said by the HQ, there is not a repair team, just some truck and hints.

About the lz cleaning task yeah, they are not that good, my first idea was to get control of the gunner, but sometimes the pilot would not stay in the area, too many bug so I scrapped the idea, anyway they never shot me down, and maybe the stupid ai behavior of the gunner will be fixed in the today dev branch, if I remember correctly with the release some ai updated were removed.

There is only one more task, not debriefing and outro, actually I think they are a little bit useless in this kind of mission.

Anyway tank you for your time and suggestions, I'm going to work on another CSAR, MEDEVAC mission more difficult.

Hey antorugby, can you please provide a non-steam link? I would really like to try out this mission but cannot download from the aforementioned link. Thanks.

How does one re-arm their flares? I find that in some tasks I'm having to pump out heaps of flares. I then run out and despite shutting down engine on the pad for repair/refuel I cannot seem to re-arm my flares. This then basically makes the mission impossible as any further missiles launched at you just impact.

Other wise great mission! I love these kind of shuttle missions.

How does one re-arm their flares? I find that in some tasks I'm having to pump out heaps of flares. I then run out and despite shutting down engine on the pad for repair/refuel I cannot seem to re-arm my flares. This then basically makes the mission impossible as any further missiles launched at you just impact.

Other wise great mission! I love these kind of shuttle missions.

Sorry my fault, I will add a reammo during the repair, thank you!

Incredible mission, mate, love it!

Check out my "Heli Doors Script", I think, it could add bit more immersion.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160981-B2-Scripts-%28Interactive-Whiteboard-Check-Pilot-Gunner-Keep-Gunner%29

As for the gunners -it's bloody nightmare - I believe it's tied to door guns config how often they engage the enemy, so without changing it, nothing could be done. Tried combat modes, skills, different groupings - nothing.

Also, there was incredible documentary lately, Inside Combat Rescue, really recommend it.

Hey bl2ck Dog thank you, your script is awesome, I'm not going to edit this mission anymore, but I will surely use your script in my next missions, in the last one that I make I had to script the doors, thank you again for your script.

I know, the gunner is boring, at the start I wanted to make the possibility to switch from pilot to gunner, but then the pilot would act weird, so nothing to do unfortunately.

About the documentary, check Pedro 6 on steam or here on the forum, hope you will like it! ;)