Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

.. It's all copied and pasted... 3-5 years on using the ctrl and C/P keys..

Arma 2/OA was by far the best arma game out shit loads of content.. And the possibilities were endless.

Not to mention the tanks looked different than each other, more cars, female civilians, no copy paste shit, more planes, an actual campaign on release with sp and mp missions.

If arma 2 had the rv4 engine Nd was completely re done that would have done it for me I would have paid triple just for that.

I really don't see this going anywhere... From the official side of things. The community have to change so much it's unreal.

For example blast core visuals.... Look how great it looks..

Jsrs... Compare them to normal sounds.. Big Lol

And the biggest credit of them all is all in arma.. He's trying to do the impossible and he's got my respect.

What I'm trying to say is that there are signs of copy paste that suggests a shortcut. What I would like to know is what have they been doing for the past X amount of years?

Anyone can copy paste stuff and write posts saying we are removing this and this and this.

I would have preferred quantity over quality..

Sorry for the moan but I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, I don't see the blood and tears put into this game like I did with all the other series.

I'm sorry but I'm very disapointed on how things have been done this round.

What I'm trying to say is that there are signs of copy paste that suggests a shortcut. What I would like to know is what have they been doing for the past X amount of years?
Well, we do know that part of the answer is "chuck out the previous two years' work"...

My biggest problem is that the only jet we get to see on release is the buzzard. It's a direct port from ArmA 2: ACR with just two custom textures. This is the only official jet we will see until a new expansion will come, which will possibly be paid DLC, but I don't know. 2-3 Months of having a copy-pasted jet.

It's just my opinion guys that's all I mean I do think the game LOOKS great seriously graphics are amazing it's just how things have been done.

I'm simply saying that I think more effort could have been done here.

I'm sure EVENTUALLY the game will balance out but it's all over the place at the moment is it

I agree 100 percent they kept saying quality over quantity so we have to cut this this and this. Fine but now there's half a game left and that's disappointing. I feel bad for people who bought digital deluxe and supporter editions.smh

I´m going to quote myself

Arma 2 has 22 unique military land vehicels

Not counting all the different variants

Not counting all the helicopters

Not counting all the Aircraft

Not counting all the civilian vehicels

Not counting the damn boats

I'm not thinking that at all. Altis alone was worth the money.

Newbie, don't speak like you know what people are thinking, because you're wrong.

Lota copy paste indeed. Same turret for both AA vehicles, same chassis for all NATO heavy vehicles, same statics for all factions, same drones for all factions, there's a thread for jets, a second asset pulled directly from ACR DLC for A2 (that I already bought), the gorgon which is also where the kamysh turret comes from. This isn't what I though they meant when they said they were focusing on quality over quantity. The quality is there at least.

Edited by Trauma.au

This game has blood and tears in it. The content in Arma 2 had almost 8 years of dev time behind it, and what wasn't made already was ported from VBS wherever it could, or carried over from previous titles, or purchased from the community.

For example, the Scar rifles from OA were made originally for Armed Assault's ACE mod. I could go on, but this game is quite the contrary of what Arma was before.

Arma 2 was largely copy/paste content. This is not. None of the guns are recycled. None of the sights are recycled. Of the Unit models, only parts are recycled from previous Units (Shemaghs, Nato soldiers are revamped BAF Soldiers, some wreck types.), and all combat vehicles are new. The only completely recycled military vehicle is the Kamaz truck (which is a pre-Armed Assault asset and would represent the quality of the game if it had been A2 content all over again.).

Also, speak for yourself. The gall some people have to speak for the whole community out of their overly emotional black-and-white perceptions is making me get face twitches. Good, okay. What really is new?

Weapons attachments (Shittily implemented: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766 but they -are- there.)

Changeable Uniforms, Vests, Goggles and Headgear. Decent system, haven't seen many complaints about it aside from the wonky bulletproof plate simulation.

New wounding system with potential to expand. Very unfortunate that this hasn't been fully expounded, but still better than the hacky module based system of A2 in my opinion.

New fatigue system based on gear carried. Has been castrated a bit, but it is still there, and it works just as well as the A2 system.

Improved backpack system to go with that, though the changes are minor, and we'll see if the realism community is satisfied with it or hack their own things in again.

Fully implemented projectile penetration across the board. Wooden boards will not catch 20mm AP rounds anymore and stop them.

Much improved AI behaviour (At least on my end.). Work isn't finished, but it works better than A2, at least in the current A2 iteration vs current A3.

Improved lighting system. Previously the game could simulate like 3 dynamic lights simultaneously. Now it can do dozens.

Improved dynamic Fog. Gamechanger, hands down.

Slightly revamped automatic targeting system + zeroing. Not what I'd like to see, but better than Arma 2's, and certainly better than nothing at all.

Massive amount of generic art assets for mission building, as well as increased amount of atmospheric animations. Also, generally backwards compatibility with A2 anims.

The most massive and lovingly built Island of the series so far (I like to imagine that this is what Nogova would've looked like if Resistance had been done today.).

Massive amount of modules to assist mission builders, improve mission building workflow as well as make entering the mission building community easier.

Functions Library to go along with that, and a config browser. Every time I see somebody ask for a classname on the forums I facepalm now, go into the game, open the config browser, find it yourself. It's all -there-. You can even take the configs themselves apart if you want to.

Improved postprocessing and general graphics functionality. Much improved configuration options. Expanded interface modularity. There is more to a game than tanks.

Three act campaign. It is coming, we do not know how well it'll be, but BI better had put up some decent steak if they make us wait. Again, unfortunate, but it is not like this game had the smoothest development ever.

Also the usually mentioned things, the scale of which is now diminished in the perceptions simply because they have been mentioned so often every time someone complained:

PhysX

2010 style movement system, dynamic mostly, still unfinished (re launchers lacking additional poses) but as far as core gameplay goes already a gamechanging and massive improvement.

You can now throw grenades!

So, there. No blood and tears? I don't think so.

The DEV team said some time before that they rather polish the game then putting in more content and have it bugged, so no surprise at all. I think it was the right way, cause i havent seen many gamebreaking bugs till now and the game feels a lot of smoother and better then Arma 2. I also miss all the content from Arma 2, but i it is how it is. Its not like you dont have possibilites with the content yet.

Looking at the countdown on the arma 3 website, I knew of the copy+paste fiasco before todays patch. But it still irks me. I wasn't a fan of the futuristic setting, but thought there'd be some stand out vehicles, alas, was not to be.

Myself, i'll get over it, GTA V is only round the corner, play that for 3 months and who knows, maybe when I come back to arma 3 the campaign will be finished.

Not overly delighted over content amount but I trust BI that they'll keep adding more content later, even if in form of a reasonably priced DLC / expansion. This time around I really rather care about game mechanics and features, vehicle physx , better sounds ( yup the samples are outstanding clarity but immersion wise we're just not there yet for the most part ).

I think that Altis is most impressive and as such I feel that I quite got my pennies worth. My only criticism though is that too many vehicles share the same weaponry & turrets and the diversity among those really is disappointing. Though once weapon resting, walkable interiors make it in, along with proper vehicle handling and their gears working properly, I would be nothing short of delighted BI ;)

This game has blood and tears in it. The content in Arma 2 had almost 8 years of dev time behind it, and what wasn't made already was ported from VBS wherever it could, or carried over from previous titles, or purchased from the community.

For example, the Scar rifles from OA were made originally for Armed Assault's ACE mod. I could go on, but this game is quite the contrary of what Arma was before.

Arma 2 was largely copy/paste content. This is not. None of the guns are recycled. None of the sights are recycled. Of the Unit models, only parts are recycled from previous Units (Shemaghs, Nato soldiers are revamped BAF Soldiers, some wreck types.), and all combat vehicles are new. The only completely recycled military vehicle is the Kamaz truck (which is a pre-Armed Assault asset and would represent the quality of the game if it had been A2 content all over again.).

Also, speak for yourself. The gall some people have to speak for the whole community out of their overly emotional black-and-white perceptions is making me get face twitches. Good, okay. What really is new?

Weapons attachments (Shittily implemented: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766 but they -are- there.)

Changeable Uniforms, Vests, Goggles and Headgear. Decent system, haven't seen many complaints about it aside from the wonky bulletproof plate simulation.

New wounding system with potential to expand. Very unfortunate that this hasn't been fully expounded, but still better than the hacky module based system of A2 in my opinion.

New fatigue system based on gear carried. Has been castrated a bit, but it is still there, and it works just as well as the A2 system.

Improved backpack system to go with that, though the changes are minor, and we'll see if the realism community is satisfied with it or hack their own things in again.

Fully implemented projectile penetration across the board. Wooden boards will not catch 20mm AP rounds anymore and stop them.

Much improved AI behaviour (At least on my end.). Work isn't finished, but it works better than A2, at least in the current A2 iteration vs current A3.

Improved lighting system. Previously the game could simulate like 3 dynamic lights simultaneously. Now it can do dozens.

Slightly revamped automatic targeting system + zeroing. Not what I'd like to see, but better than Arma 2's, and certainly better than nothing at all.

Massive amount of generic art assets for mission building, as well as increased amount of atmospheric animations. Also, generally backwards compatibility with A2 anims.

The most massive and lovingly built Island of the series so far (I like to imagine that this is what Nogova would've looked like if Resistance had been done today.).

Massive amount of modules to assist mission builders, improve mission building workflow as well as make entering the mission building community easier.

Functions Library to go along with that, and a config browser. Every time I see somebody ask for a classname on the forums I facepalm now, go into the game, open the config browser, find it yourself. It's all -there-. You can even take the configs themselves apart if you want to.

Improved postprocessing and general graphics functionality. Much improved configuration options. Expanded interface modularity. There is more to a game than tanks.

Three act campaign. It is coming, we do not know how well it'll be, but BI better had put up some decent steak if they make us wait. Again, unfortunate, but it is not like this game had the smoothest development ever.

Also the usually mentioned things, the scale of which is now diminished in the perceptions simply because they have been mentioned so often every time someone complained:

PhysX

2010 style movement system, dynamic mostly, still unfinished (re launchers lacking additional poses) but as far as core gameplay goes already a gamechanging and massive improvement.

This is a good post that everyone should read. A lot of Arma 2 vehicles were updated content that had been in OFP, practically.

But still, for what did the dev team double in size for? And nothing excuses the copy paste vehicle design and the bizarre sharing of crucial assets between all factions.

If they release the ArmA 2 MLODs and support the existing content well, I will be happy.

I agree with the copy and pasting (turrets particularly), it's lazy and looks bad. It makes no sense either. I doubt they can or will do anything about it though. :/

The whole "Altis is a masterpiece" thing I don't get. What good is a playground with crappy toys? Having the exact same turrets / weapons on every vehicle is not good at all. A lot of the rifles are just stupid looking and are piss poor. I had big hopes for ARMA 3 since it was announced. I am disappoint.

The whole "Altis is a masterpiece" thing I don't get. What good is a playground with crappy toys? Having the exact same turrets / weapons on every vehicle is not good at all. A lot of the rifles are just stupid looking and are piss poor. I had big hopes for ARMA 3 since it was announced. I am disappoint.

I came here to literally say this. I had such high hopes for this game since it got released. I even preordered it the day it allowed us to, for two people.

Yes Altis is brilliant that's the saving grace for arma 3

They have done great work but it doesn't give that "omg it's the new arma" feeling with the many many new content.

I mean at the moment it's a cockfest (no female civilians)

Same base tank is used on each faction 2-3 times and added a different main gun lol

Ok arma 2 may have been ported from whatever but it was done inconspicuous compared to

This regardless!

There's hardly any military objects

Arma 2 had 3-4 different bunkers.

3 types of tents

Field hospital!!!

More base objects

Barbed wire tank traps

Fencing

Arma 3 has 2 little tents

And some sandbags

And the off military building

Arma 2 had more civilian vehicles and civilians even had helicopters and planes

Good thing ArmA is not like Lock On - DCS World with the same terrain for 11 years or whatever it's been lol, people would be going nuts.

There are a lot of reasons to be glad we're not DCS: the simulator that ACTUALLY has a horrible engine.

I like the game, it's better then when first released, but I have to agree with OP the content quantity and quality is pretty poor compared to arma 2.

The static weapons look really cheap in design except for the mortars which don't look to bad, but no static cannons in the game is disappointing and no field hospitals, they release a stupid field toilet which I've never seen used in a mission yet and no field hospital. I can't see anywhere near the effort that was put into arma 2 I'm sorry, the detail was far better in arma 2.

Its going to take a lot more time I think before this game is polished.

Sorry for the moan but I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, I don't see the blood and tears put into this game like I did with all the other series.

I'm sorry but I'm very disapointed on how things have been done this round.

seriously, stuff off and dont presume to talk on my behalf again. the fact that i disagree with you only amplifies that sentiment. im quite impressed with the new releases and the state of the game and look forward to it getting even better.

Edited by twisted
changed fuck to stuff

I like the game, it's better then when first released, but I have to agree with OP the content quantity and quality is pretty poor compared to arma 2.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this.

Could probably post twenty paragraphs, but I'll leave it at that.

PhysX

Nice list, but only a few things on it have been made by the 3D modelers. What have they been doing all the time?