Sign in to follow this  
vanburen77

SP/COOP 02 - Hunting Grounds

hunting_grounds.jpg

Hunting Grounds v.1.0.2

SP / COOP 02

"It doesn't sound tempting to fly in a heavy storm and gusty winds in the middle of the blackness in 200 feet. Huh. I just hope that everything goes smoothly, nothing else matters." -Pvt. John Cameron

MISSION DETAILS

You take a role as a Pvt. John Cameron, recently recruited member of the NATO peacekeeping forces at the island of Stratis. You are bound to take a helicopter ride with your brother-in-arm to a friendly base at the southern part of the Stratis through an enemy territory. Your job there is to find a sergeant and report for duty, shouldn't be so hard.. or should it?

FEATURES (Updated to version 1.0.1)

- Atmospheric, plot twisting gameplay.

- Playable in singleplayer scenario.

- Superb AI chase scripts.

- Custom respawn-script including ONLY three lives per player (only in MP).

- Custom death camera (only in MP).

- Custom music and voices.

- A lot of enemies!

- Tested on hosted and dedicated server.

BUGS

- Sometimes the helicopter just hovers and nothing happens. ( In SP )

- JIP (Join Progress) players not supported.

DOWNLOAD: Steam | Dropbox

I am more than happy to receive your comments, good or bad, especially if your find any bugs.

Cheers, VanBuren

Edited by vanburen77
New version 1.0.2

Hey VB, very interesting mission. At first I was bummed by "traveling light", but I managed to cure that at a farm house (great cat and mouse).

Bug report: In SP, the chopper never moves forward, you see the credits and are stuck in the air forever. In MP, it worked just fine. I'm running the Steam workshop version. Will report again when i get further.

Hey Johnny. I'm appreciated your feedback! Looking in to that SP mission bug. New version alive with a few minor changes. Updated buglist in the description.

Found out that main reason for the "Briefing Crash" in MP is the current DEV build itself. More info here http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13407. I have a lot of units in the mission via editor, so I guess that beta DEV build cannot handle it. I'll put the mission to the rest for a while until they fix the bug. I still hope that you download and test if it works for you, because I'm pretty sure you would enjoy playing this mission. Cheers.

Improved with the "Briefing Crash" issue. Tested with hosted game with a friend and 10/10 attemps and no crash. Hopefully this new mission version and game engine patch together did something good. Need more testing but fingers crossed.

The mission updated to version 1.0! Earlier versions suffered a lot of the MP crashing issues. Now it's fixed by the developers and the mission hopefully working as intented.

Sorry to say, but nothing in this mission works as intended when played in SP. At the beginning the helo just stops in mid-air, ejecting from the helo results in a crash and upon reaching friendly territory the mission does not end.

Thanks for the feedback. Mission updated to version 1.0.1. I'm trying a little workaround script for that Heli Hover -issue. Mathias, which version are you using? Steam or non-Steam?

Yes, Phantom. I can do that. You want only one life version? You must be in masochist mood today. :) Adding that version later.. For version 1.0.2, I added a "safe-board-heli"-script for issue, where people didn't get in to the chopper for some reason in MP. Probably a lag related thing.