franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Alright. Yes it does switch, but I wanted to manage my navigation by switching from different set waypoints (on different IP/BP) and the target area. As far as I do, I usually reset the waypoints on my TSD page when vertical to the IP/BP so I get the WP 0 on it and then put the WP1 on the target area. It's a bit tricky so that's why I wondered about having steerpoints or the ability to select the waypoints at will.

Ah I see, interesting use of the waypoint function...it is certainly something we could discuss for any future updates.

Hey can't you work with Bohemia or something to figure out the bugs? This is the kind of chopper that should be sold as DLC instead of those arcade helicopters. Man I really wanted this, Arma 3 is the perfect environment for the Apache. Tell Bohemia you all are going to collaborate and get the bugs knocked out and then sell it as DLC for 15 - 20 bucks... please

Not legally or morally possible without paying royalties to people that contributed to the project. While Franze and I did the majority of the work there is a list of people shown here http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/ah64dv2_manual.html that helped make aspects of this project possible.

Secondly I doubt people would be anything short of furious if this did pop up as a DLC for 15-20 bucks, regardless of what gameplay aspects are offered I'm certain there would be a great deal of backlash because it is one helicopter, or at best one BLUFOR and one OPFOR.

Then you have the feature vs function, chances are the functions would have to be released on a engine basis (oh would that be awesome though) but with so much functionality there would be at best two helicopters to utilize it whereas the rest...eh?

Which then leads into multiplayer playerbase and dividing it up between the haves and have nots if the functions couldn't be engine based..

Basicly, this as DLC=never going to happen, would it be nice? Oh sure, but its a pipe dream.

Edited by NodUnit

The only way to change your current waypoint is with the click action on the L6 MPD button while in navigation mode. This will cycle to the next until it reaches the last one, at which point it will switch to the first point. That's the only cycle functionality I built into it.

I'm afraid I can't help regarding any issues with the laser designator as it was designed under the limitations of ArmA2.

I wish I could say that all the bugs and issues could be fixed quickly, but I work a full time job and the scripting is on the verge of 5 years old now; fixing the problems and properly implementing it all in ArmA3 is a huge undertaking and one which I'm not well equipped to take on.

Ah I see, interesting use of the waypoint function...it is certainly something we could discuss for any future updates.

Not legally or morally possible without paying royalties to people that contributed to the project. While Franze and I did the majority of the work there is a list of people shown here http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/ah64dv2_manual.html that helped make aspects of this project possible.

Secondly I doubt people would be anything short of furious if this did pop up as a DLC for 15-20 bucks, regardless of what gameplay aspects are offered I'm certain there would be a great deal of backlash because it is one helicopter, or at best one BLUFOR and one OPFOR.

Then you have the feature vs function, chances are the functions would have to be released on a engine basis (oh would that be awesome though) but with so much functionality there would be at best two helicopters to utilize it whereas the rest...eh?

Which then leads into multiplayer playerbase and dividing it up between the haves and have nots if the functions couldn't be engine based..

Basicly, this as DLC=never going to happen, would it be nice? Oh sure, but its a pipe dream.

15 - 20 bucks for a superbly rendered Apache would be a good deal. Currently there are no modern Apache simulators out right now and there won't be unless DCS makes one, which they won't, or if Combat Helo vapourware comes out, which who knows maybe it will. Anyway one well simulated chopper is definitely worth at least 2 arcade choppers for 15.99 (Helicopters DLC) I guarantee people want to buy it. Well of course I would just say to pay everyone that helped a % but if that's unrealistic maybe with Bohemia helping the parts could be remade.

I think if you haven't talked to Bohemia yet show them your chopper and let them know they could be making aircraft that rivals DCS and that I would definitely buy it on sale for $15.

With some quality enhancemnets, I would pay 15 for this. In fact, I'll give you 15 bucks right now if you give a donation link

15 - 20 bucks for a superbly rendered Apache would be a good deal. Currently there are no modern Apache simulators out right now and there won't be unless DCS makes one, which they won't, or if Combat Helo vapourware comes out, which who knows maybe it will. Anyway one well simulated chopper is definitely worth at least 2 arcade choppers for 15.99 (Helicopters DLC) I guarantee people want to buy it. Well of course I would just say to pay everyone that helped a % but if that's unrealistic maybe with Bohemia helping the parts could be remade.

I think if you haven't talked to Bohemia yet show them your chopper and let them know they could be making aircraft that rivals DCS and that I would definitely buy it on sale for $15.

Depends on wether or not the features would be released or not, there was/is a HUGE debate on the helicopter DLC and wether or not it was overpriced.

With some quality enhancemnets, I would pay 15 for this. In fact, I'll give you 15 bucks right now if you give a donation link

I have been debating on opening up a donation link, even moreso in light of the recent steam store blow up but I don't want to do it at this time.

I don't want people getting the wrong idea and thinking that they are donating for a fix, or for a particular project.

Edited by NodUnit

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people that would buy this for 15€ (with an appropriate advertisement), which is not overpriced at all !

Guys, let's keep in mind that ArmA is originally an infantry based warfare simulator. You guys created the first, the one and the only helicopter oriented sim, I mean, BIS DLC is a huge waste and most of real pilots or sim addicts out there would agree. You guys have a great potential since you are the first to deliver such a free product. I would like to believe in some kind of partnership, or whatever it is called, between you and BIS.

Concerning the developement aspect of your project, I would suggest that you guys think about "hiring" more devs, with the same dedication, knowledge, passion as you, since Franze don't have a lot of time anymore as far as I understood (and which is 200% understandable, as this is life, and living is the #1 priority). I'm aware that this bird is your baby, and you raised it for years now, but it deserves so much more nowadays. I've already introduced your work to some huge Aussie & USA mil-sim team, as it was (before getting bugged again) our main air support tool. I still believe in this project and I won't let it down, I'll still be checking for updates until it get released !

Back to discussing really minor details.

http://i.imgur.com/PP24wmk.jpg (328 kB)

One of Taiwan's AH-64Es. I'm fairly certain the fairing between the flare dispenser on the left and the square LWR housing on the right is for CMWS. Confirming if US AH-64Es have them too is harder than I'd have thought.

I watched the you tube on this add-on and was blown away however I don't know how useful it can be for me? I try to add the crosshair action for inside the cockpit and I don't have track IR, Honestly I don't want it but when I try to bind a key with my alt key to turn things on and off I can get some of the things on but I cant seem to slide the throttle forward. Also with the startup parameter in place can this craft be run by AI??

Back to discussing really minor details.

http://i.imgur.com/PP24wmk.jpg (328 kB)

One of Taiwan's AH-64Es. I'm fairly certain the fairing between the flare dispenser on the left and the square LWR housing on the right is for CMWS. Confirming if US AH-64Es have them too is harder than I'd have thought.

That is correct, CMWS is linked to a sensor suite (cannot think of the name) which uses four sensors covering fore and aft of the aircraft.

US apache's have two sensors on the front under the gunners door and end of the wings and on the ends of the wings http://militaryedge.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AH-64E_3.jpg (Brit variant has them on the EFABS and along the boom http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/ApacheWAH64.jpg ) However the Taiwan variant uses ATA launchers on their wings so this sensor has to be used on the tailboom just like the British version. http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/1/4/2360411.jpg note the angle.

I watched the you tube on this add-on and was blown away however I don't know how useful it can be for me? I try to add the crosshair action for inside the cockpit and I don't have track IR, Honestly I don't want it but when I try to bind a key with my alt key to turn things on and off I can get some of the things on but I cant seem to slide the throttle forward. Also with the startup parameter in place can this craft be run by AI??

Well firstly you don't need track IR, you can either hold or double tap Alt to look around as you normally would, you can also control the craft through either the action menu or keyboard presses (though this is aimed at people with sticks) such as W and S to change the display pages.

For the throttle you don't slide it forward as much as point to the lines on the panel and click there to raise and lower it (We don't or didn't have an analogue control for it at the time). The AI will override the startup procedure, so they are uneffected by it.

If you wish you too can bypass the start up procedure either by setting the unit to be flying in editor, or use this in the editor fza_ah64_cem = false

Ahh thank you so I can set a chopper down and place that in activation line? Will I still be able to use the other instrumentation like the weapon screens and such?

I should just ask you Aside from the start up do I lose any other functionality in terms of information or screens etc?

Ahh thank you so I can set a chopper down and place that in activation line? Will I still be able to use the other instrumentation like the weapon screens and such?

I should just ask you Aside from the start up do I lose any other functionality in terms of information or screens etc?

Yep it should work and if that doesn't then you can always set the unit special to Flying and it will be hovering above (just make sure you don't set it to empty unless you want a helo dropped on your head, standard)

Skipping start up won't cause any effects other than that, all pages and functions should still work normally, at the most you may need to activate the IHADSS.

Thank you I dont know why but I can not move the throttle no matter what I do,,,,Is there anyway for me to shoot missles from the screen I saw in video if I am pilot? can I go into a hover and access the radar an missiles for the targets that are far out?

Thank you I dont know why but I can not move the throttle no matter what I do,,,,Is there anyway for me to shoot missles from the screen I saw in video if I am pilot? can I go into a hover and access the radar an missiles for the targets that are far out?

If you're skipping the start up sequence you may still need to remove the rotor brake standard in Arma 3....otherwise the throttle might not be moving because you are missing something in the start up procedure.

this may help you, if not then we'll just have to continue trouble shooting.

Could you clarify what video you saw for the screen? Both pilot and CPG can fire the missiles though you may need to enable manual fire for pilot seat, in regards to radar and missiles, be sure you are using AGM-114L's (white head tips vs optic sensor) and turn the FCR on by pressing the salute key \ (you should see the line sweeping if on the FCR page) targets will show up to 8 kilometers away...though missile trajectory seems a bit wonky beyond visibility so consider this a bit buggy.

I was wondering if there is any other skins as it is an option when I click on it nothing happens

I also sometimes get a texture error

I was wondering if there is any other skins as it is an option when I click on it nothing happens

I also sometimes get a texture error

Have you check this out yet ?

Hey, fellas. It's been a very long time since I've posted here. And I apologize if this question has already been answered, as I was unable to find mention of it while skimming the thread.

I remember, when this addon was first released for ArmA 2, Nodunit and Franze had said that the scripting limitations that ArmA 3 had would prevent a good version for A3 being made. To my surprise, I returned today and saw not only an A3 compatible version, but that the videos of it in action made it seem as good, or almost as good, as the A2 version.

What changed?

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to know if the ArmA 3 version has been made compatible with the advanced flight model now available in A3. (flight, stress damage, wheel brakes, etc) The thought of running takeoffs and landings, or simply having a level of simulated collective and torque while flying this thing makes me salivate.

Edited by The Coyote

The current A3 version does support the AFM and all it entails, the biggest issues we're having is weapon tracking is being finicky.

In light of some recent events, people asking about donations, and the discussions of steam workshop's horrific monetization attempt, I've decided to add a donate button to my signature. If the button itself does not work or brings you to a "timed out" page, then using the link below should solve it.

Please remember that donations are personal, not for a project. Do not donate if you think it will speed up a process of fixing glitches in the aircraft, thats not how it works.

Edited by NodUnit

Love the chopper, Mr. Nodunit, it's as close to DCS: AH-64 as we're ever going to get, which is impressive for two guys and what I assume was a lot of coffee, aderall and cocaine, maybe with a drop of Tabasco in the eye and a whiff of hand sanitizer here and there for good measure.

Quick question, though: How do I mount new Hellfires? I can get the rail on, but I don't know how to attach missiles to the rails.

Love the chopper, Mr. Nodunit, it's as close to DCS: AH-64 as we're ever going to get, which is impressive for two guys and what I assume was a lot of coffee, aderall and cocaine, maybe with a drop of Tabasco in the eye and a whiff of hand sanitizer here and there for good measure.

Quick question, though: How do I mount new Hellfires? I can get the rail on, but I don't know how to attach missiles to the rails.

Mostly coffee and probably some headache medicine, a LOT of late nights for sure.

Once you place the rail into the box you then select one of the missiles and click on one of the four _'s off to the right hand side, you should see a letter pop up, after that click a number on a hard point and your done, the same applies to rockets with the three zones.

Mostly coffee and probably some headache medicine, a LOT of late nights for sure.

Once you place the rail into the box you then select one of the missiles and click on one of the four _'s off to the right hand side, you should see a letter pop up, after that click a number on a hard point and your done, the same applies to rockets with the three zones.

Thanks for the reply. Hell, you've probably said that a ton of times and I just missed it. But yeah, thanks, dude!

@NodUnit

Very nice this mod!!! I have done a donation and I will continue doing, you deserve it!!

You have intention to keep updating and make it work perfectly together with the ACE3?

Thank you for providing us with this addon!

Regards

You know I appreciate the replies for the skins question earlier however I get a script error and am not able to load any skins in fact I am not able to change the load outs either and I do not understand why?

@NodUnit

Very nice this mod!!! I have done a donation and I will continue doing, you deserve it!!

You have intention to keep updating and make it work perfectly together with the ACE3?

Thank you for providing us with this addon!

Regards

I don't think your donation would have gone through, I sent the link to a friend to test it and they said it wouldn't let them complete it, I've updated the button and link below with a tested functioning one though.

But again, should you decide to attempt to donate again with the fixed url so that it goes through, I urge you not to do so if you are doing it because you believe it will speed up the process of fixes.

We'd like to update it but at this point for arma 3 it is going to require some rethinking in certain functions, primarily weapon systems.

You know I appreciate the replies for the skins question earlier however I get a script error and am not able to load any skins in fact I am not able to change the load outs either and I do not understand why?

Any chance you can provide us with an image of this error when it pops up?

In any way I want to make a donation that will speed up the process but because the work you guys has been developing worth the recognition!!!

Thanks