franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Are you placing it in a init line or init.sqf?

Yes, has to go in an init line or init.sqf of your mission.

Can you post a screenshot of how you're using the command?

Hmm, try adding it to the end of your init.sqf with a slight delay prior to running it.

Hey, I got this great mod, thx to france & nodunit for their work, never saw an addon like this! But even after different tries of installing I still have some problems. I always get the message:

No entry 'config.bin/RscinGameUI.RscUnitInfoNoHUD'.

I have both messages in Arma 2 and Arma 3. I fly with Arma 2 OA with Take On Helicopters (TOH) - rearmed Patch, so I have a nice flight physic and more freedom with TrackIR (6 degress of freedom- 6 DOF)! Every helicopter works great with it, but sadly not this new apache mod. Will there be a version soon, which allows this in TOH?

Or can I help myself with this (activating DOF?)

Would be very thankful for help!!!!

I believe the 'NoHud' issue is related to TKOH not having the HUD definition, but I'm not entirely sure. The TKOH version has been in progress for a while now and I believe I fixed it for that dedicated version. In ArmA3, you need to make sure you use the appropriate ArmA3 controls file (the ArmA2 one doesn't work properly).

Thank you so much for answering. The "No entry 'config...." Message do I get in Arma 3 aswell.

Where can I check, if you updated version will be released?

Have the latest changes to the mod enabled proper use in multiplayer? Guess only 1 way to find out! :D

hi franze and nod,

i like your ah64 most of all mods i've ever tried.

after the info roadmap for arma 3 (toh flightmodel, ...), i hope you will find time to bring the ah64 fully integrated to arma 3.

can you give us a info how the BIS decision would change your future plans? (i know this question is early requested, but i think you guys have made already thoughts bout this ...)

thnx for your work so far, i'm looking forward to the ongoing developement and news about it (maybe you can give a small hint!?)

cheers johnny

The two largest problems are that helicopterX breaks interaction capability and something is off with weapons.

Right now I'm waiting to see where this idea on helicopter expansion leads to, I don't want to get too hopeful but the basic things such as landing gear, having auto rotation back and a more authentic flight model would definately help, especially if its an option aside from helicopterX but that still leaves weaponry issues.

Franze was working on TKOH's version but I think he's taking a break for now, I know he was experimenting with PIP but it seems there are even more limitations in TKOH that A3 doesn't have such as banking and an occasional wierd washout.

Thermal itself is still far too...subdued imo, when we tested it originally it seemed as though NVG worked best (A3 test)

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/PIPT_zps0488d3a0.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/PIPT2_zps369f19e7.jpg

I am working on retexturing the bird, adding detail in some places where there was little or none and adding "artificial lighting"...I made the mistake of relying on materials too much and a recent revisit back to WoW reminded me that while shaders are nice and all, they just can't get highlights and shadows perfect for fact that they don't bounce light..

Also trying to lower the size of the PSD in hopes of one day releasing it so that people can make whatever paint scheme they want and only have to recolor the base layers (taking some time with 846), and thinking of remaking the weapon models and UV's to be more "standalone" as a thing that we could release for anyone to use on whatever they want in future.

Edited by NodUnit

As Nodunit said, one of the issues is HelicopterX causes a desync with the model space and world space; I don't exactly know why, but others have had similar issues with the new PhysX simulations in ArmA3. The second issue is there is a synchronization issue with animations in multiplayer which causes problems with the turret and pylon elevation. This problem makes it impossible for the gunner to effectively use the weapons in either a manual or automatic capacity.

In ArmA3 it has 6DOF. The ArmA2 version was designed for vanilla ArmA2:CO which doesn't have 6DOF.

Make certain you use the Arma 3 controls file located on the first page, not the Arma 2 that it comes bundled with on default.

Yep, thx for that. It helped. Now I have 6DOF, but it's impossible to start up in Arma 3. No fuel and it ignorates all tries of refueling. Can not click the buttons inside the cockpit. New message now:

'no entry "bin\config.bin/RscTitles/fza_ah64_mapfake/controlsBackground/fza_ah64_cMap.PowerSolar'.

Puh... hope it will work someday :-/

Wow Geronimo, maybe I understand your tone wrong, but you realize these guys made this mode for ARMA2:OA, right? The addon was never supposed to be fully functional in ARMA3. They're trying to get it to work in ARMA3 as an extra treat, but much of ARMA3's software doesn't support the many features they added. If you want, I can send you my repacked version that is 'works' in my game.

Wow Geronimo, maybe I understand your tone wrong, but you realize these guys made this mode for ARMA2:OA, right? The addon was never supposed to be fully functional in ARMA3. They're trying to get it to work in ARMA3 as an extra treat, but much of ARMA3's software doesn't support the many features they added. If you want, I can send you my repacked version that is 'works' in my game.

Did you ask permission to edit the addon?

Did you ask permission to edit the addon?

No, I piratedd the whole thing and now I'm gonna pretend I made this mod

I didn't 'edit' anything, I just added the ARMA3 control file to the original mod as was intended, someone just appears to have an issue, so I'm offering them to send them my combined folder.

That's fine, if we do something like that then I'll also see about adding reflective materials to the nose sensors and see about darkening the paint scheme.

I know that it's done for Arma 2 OA, but when there are control files for Arma 3, I quess there is a way, to start up the engines. That's only what I'm asking for. I hope, a TKOH Version will be released some day wit hworking 6DOF. Now I shut up :-)

Hello Nodunit. First off I want to express how much I really enjoy this mod. It really brings realism to the game. I do require some help. For some reason lately the hellfires seem to fire directly into the ground in front of the Heli. I have a lock box and diamond and tried both LOBL and LOAL. The LOBL is the one that fires into the ground and the LOAL fires out over the target randomly. I am not sure if the problem is related to the Zeus update for Arma3 or something I started doing wrong. It used to perform flawlessly. Any help is appreciated just let me know what info you may need. There is one error I get when loading.

no entry

config.bin.rsctitles/fza_ah64_mapfake/controlsbackground/fza_ah64_cmap.powersolar

I tried to trace it down in the config and as far as I can see the entries exist and the fza_ah64_fake.p3d is there as well. Not sure if this would be somehow associated with the failure of the missle to hit its target.

edited: Note- silly me did not have the IHADS in the correct mode. It is now targeting and hitting its target very precisely. Do you know what to do about the load error?

Edited by cpcannon