franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Just wanted to say, Merry Christmas and congrats on the fantastic release. Been waiting for this for a good while now, it was one of the addons that I missed most from A2. Your work is absolutely phenomenal, and you have transformed the game into something more like a combination of ArmA meets DCS, I simply love it. I just wish ALL vehicles released could carry this same type of interactivity, even land vehicles, as I feel this could be a big evolutionary step for the ArmA games. Keep up the great work and thank you, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

BTW, only error I've noticed on the ArmA3 end was an issue with the file 'fza_mi28' when first loading A3, but as I suspect that file wasn't supposed to be used for A3-side, everything ran fine after removing it.

will this beauty be coming to arma 3 someday?

With this release, it already is. But I'm sure you were meaning an upgraded version to A3 standards.

Franze and NodUnit, just wanted to thankyou guys, for the hard work on this beautiful bird. I'm using it solely in Arma3 (God rest Arma2!) and it is wonderful. Next test is with AI flying it in ALiVE :)

Franze and NodUnit, just wanted to thankyou guys, for the hard work on this beautiful bird. I'm using it solely in Arma3 (God rest Arma2!) and it is wonderful. Next test is with AI flying it in ALiVE :)

CAn you tell me how you got it working in A3 ?

CAn you tell me how you got it working in A3 ?

Simply download this release, remove the files 'fza_mi28' and its bisign, and drop it into your A3 directory. Also don't forget to download the A3 controls which are also listed with the download, then replace those over the ones in the fza folder. Works that easily, no issues noticed on my end.

merry Xmas man,nice upgrade,i just wanna know that this key can use in AA3??

Amazing addon and thx for adding A3 support! :)

Has anyone created Altis/Stratis maps for the TSD NAV?

Edited by Watarimono

with this addon there is hope for A3, IMHO it is the best quality mod for A2 and A3 (hopefully full ported soon).

Just took your Apache for a spin over Stratis and I must say thank you for adding the Arma 3 control to your mod. This is a great addition to the Arma 3 pool of vehicles. I might make an entire op just using the Apache.

Thank You For Your Hard Work Guys!

Just used this with ALiVE Combat Support Module and it works great! Only thing missing was the icon for the Attack Helicopter.

Thanks for the A3 port Franze, it's very much appreciated. I'd like to make a suggestion and that is for a training mission\campaign for A3 as the Apache is a complicated bird!

Thanks again.

First off, very many thanks for such an excellent and in depth mod Franze and NodUnit! I've been using it on ARMA 3 and everyone in my clan is very impressed. I was wondering about 1 thing though, is there anything I can do to make the arming menu work, does it need a Server game logic? Currently on Arma 3, the weapon systems do not load onto the aircraft, sometimes they do, but then glitch through the present armaments. All help is much appreciated!

First off, very many thanks for such an excellent and in depth mod Franze and NodUnit! I've been using it on ARMA 3 and everyone in my clan is very impressed. I was wondering about 1 thing though, is there anything I can do to make the arming menu work, does it need a Server game logic? Currently on Arma 3, the weapon systems do not load onto the aircraft, sometimes they do, but then glitch through the present armaments. All help is much appreciated!

i couldnt get it to work at the start, but then again this is my first time using the addon and i didnt have a clue how, i tried doing it by the weapons and it did nothing then found out i had to be in the chopper after that it worked fine but ever since i got it working i never had your issue.

First, i am really happy to see such a great mod for A2 and i thank your for that.

Good to see progress for A3, but it is full with errors :(

- ca_waters is missing

- custom font zeppelin32 is not present, it was replaced by the default arma 3 font

- old Pilots character are requested for the Apache

- weapons dissapears after gunner is online

and many more..

atm not really good for gameplay

First, i am really happy to see such a great mod for A2 and i thank your for that.

Good to see progress for A3, but it is full with errors :(

- ca_waters is missing

- custom font zeppelin32 is not present, it was replaced by the default arma 3 font

- old Pilots character are requested for the Apache

- weapons dissapears after gunner is online

and many more..

atm not really good for gameplay

Download it then install then delete mi-28 i think the number is

then install the arma 3 controls and its error free.

i couldnt get it to work at the start, but then again this is my first time using the addon and i didnt have a clue how, i tried doing it by the weapons and it did nothing then found out i had to be in the chopper after that it worked fine but ever since i got it working i never had your issue.

I fixed it now, I didn't set which vehicles could be used as Arming vehicles, the arming option must've bugged out a little bit, allowing me to attempt to rearm even though no viable vehicles were nearby. The only issue I have now is that I can't mount the FIM-92 Stinger pods, not a major issue, but it would be nice to have regardless!

Download it then install then delete mi-28 i think the number is

then install the arma 3 controls and its error free.

I did that already, I have a folder weith following files in it: fza_ah64_controls.pbo ; fza_ah64_ctg.pbo ; fza_ah64_us.pbo

When I start A3 than I get: "Addon 'fza_ah64_US' requires addon 'CAWater'

later are some p3d errors and my gunner cant hear the APU and engine startup, I cant see the weapons of my ah64 if a gunner is in the seat and i hear no weapon sounds..

You need to use ONLY the Arma 3 controls file and the Us_pbo, otherwise you are bringing missions, the arma 2 control and whatnot which will cause those errors, arma 2 pilot dependencies and so on.

It is the best air mod for A2 and A3 (tested , it works really good). It reminds me Apache vs Havoc and Comanche vs Hokum, also great sim game AH64 Longbow by DI. Great Job guys.

Just wanted to make one suggestion. Since it looks like you are trying to port the mod over to Arma 3, it might be wise to make a thread over on the Arma 3 WIP Mod area so people who have found issues or to make suggestions. Might be a good way to cut down any development time for an Arma 3 version and not clutter up this thread with Arma 3 errors.

We aren't really porting it so as much as giving people a functioning ArmA3 version; I've had a lot of people asking me about moving it over but the fact is we're just not ready for it. The goals we had in mind work better within the framework of TKOH, not ArmA3.

Arma 3 is nice in visuals no doubt about it and what they have added is nice but there is no comparison to what TKOH offers with rotorlib, the built in systems that are dedicated to systems and mechanics that otherwise had to be added into the addon itself and more.

Besides visuals, what can Arma 3 really offer us that TKOH can't? One could say PhysX but we've not so much as seen a sling load or rope simulation, we've not seen any truck towing...in fact outside of vehicles to some degree, we've not seen any examples of physX outside of the crates from the old E3 demo years ago.

Edited by NodUnit

im sad to hear its not fully coming to arma 3 not soon anyway, but just to know theres a working version makes me just as happy, its an amazing addon.

I've tested this mod in Arma 3, it works fine in Editor and SP but not in MP, eg. MFD are not working in MP. I know Arma 3 made some of us sad (eg. no TKOH flight model) but this mod makes light in the tunnel for me.

Edited by PawelKPL

Would be nice if it was arma 3 mp compatible

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Would be nice if it was arma 3 mp compatible

Yup, I found this as well. The mod works fine in SP, or as a none dedicated server host, but for all server guests weapons loadouts fail to load properly and M230 IHADSS tracking is fairly slow. Hope these are issues that can be hotfixed since this mod makes ARMA 3 worth while playing again.

EDIT: On dedicated servers only the GUNNER can set the load out, if he does, the weapons systems load onto the helicopter effortlessly. Maybe the 'arming' option can be removed for the pilot.

Edited by Spookeh