Sign in to follow this  
Quechouan

Is the joystick "PFT Evolution" recognised?

Hello,

I just bought Take on Helicopter

Until now I fly with a BK-117 on X-Plane 10 with a joystick "PFT Evolution".

I can not use it with ToH. It does not recognize the pedals and I can not adjust the sensitivity of the other axes.

Is the PFT Evolution is recognized by ToH? How can I adapt this joystick?

Thank you very much for your answers and advice

Quechouan

Welcome to the forums for instance.

Some nice and sophisticated software you have got here.

Now I have managed to find some time and conduct some research and I found here:

in the comment's section, that the Pro flight trainer mentioned that it is compatible. Mere exact:

DCS Black Shark is also fun to use, other sim (TOH, etc...) have some good aspects too. it all depends what you're looking for. our commercial customer sometimes have their own Software platform.

where and what do you currently fly?

Now maybe I have managed to pinpoint your problem. You see if the controller is recognized in general you should be ok. In order to find out if it is recognized go to Options, Controls, Controllers. There logically you should find your controller. By double clicking you can change the sensitivity by altering some columns that you should find there. Now if the pedals ain't working then you should go to the controls section and check if you have "told" the game what to do when you press the pedals. Go to right pedal, double click and then push the right pedal. If it works you should see some phrase appearing at the right part of the window.

Hope this helped.

Have a fantastic TOH experience!:)

Hi, Thank you for your answer!

However, it looks like not enough ïŒ

I do not understand:

On the one hand, on the screen “customize controllerâ€, the five cursors are reacting. It looks like to recognize the controller

On the other hand, my “PFT Evolution†is not present in “controller schemesâ€. So what do I have to do when it is asking “select schemes for “PFTâ€?

In fact, the box “controls†displays always “mouse settingâ€: is it possible to change it?

And when I double click on “left pedalâ€, I do not have any option to select or to drag corresponding to the “PFT†controller?

I believe I still need your help to be able to fly and enjoy with ToH

On the other hand, my “PFT Evolution†is not present in “controller schemesâ€. So what do I have to do when it is asking “select schemes for “PFTâ€?

When exactly is this mentioned because in normal controllers nothing as such is requested. It happens automatically I suppose.

In fact, the box “controls†displays always “mouse settingâ€: is it possible to change it?

And when I double click on “left pedalâ€, I do not have any option to select or to drag corresponding to the “PFT†controller?

There is no need to change it. Just push your pedal forward after you have double clicked the left pedal. There ain't no option. You just have to move the specific axis. Then everything should happen automatically. The specific axis will appear in written form on the top of the right box.

The PFT Evolution is supposed to be recognised with Take on Helicopters but I have just installed Take on Helicopters and have been unable to activate any of my PFT controllers. I have followed the directions already shown in this thread, to rectify this problem, but to no avail. Can anybody help me. thanks