Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Flashpoint Ambush - A OFP:CWC campaign mission remake on Altis

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I finished a new single player mission just now that I've wanted to do in ArmA 3 for a while, and Altis with it's more open terrain is perfect for it.

It is a remake of an Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis classic, the ambush mission where the lieutenant get's killed while trying to inspect the building of a base.

It has all the original voice-overs from the original too.

Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173761915

I think it's very faithful to the original, so I'm interested to hear any veteran's opinion on it :)

The one where they roll up to the town in the apc's an u have to move in an shoot em, than escape with half the town chasing 8)-? Would love to see a Battlefields remake...ArmA3 style 8)-"This is Papa bear to all squads. Were approching the enemy positions, contact is iminant. God help us all,out. Could'nt resist." Another fav can't remember the name but your small squad is tasked to attack an enemy airfield an destroy the helicopters than get out. Think it's Resistance.

Edited by Call_911

let them come:) thank you very much. i love the ofp mission style. very good transition to altis. are other ofp missions in progress?

Something like After Montignac? :)

The mission this is based on is the one from this video:

I was very glad I found an area on Altis that was similar to the area in OFP in layout :)

And yeah, I was thinking about maybe doing some other missions as well. After Montignac is the one where you are alone in the forest and you have to try to get back, isn't it? That was in fact my next idea, though I can't do a complete 1 on 1 remake of it like this mission. That's simply because I don't know how to do the cinematic bit at the end where Armstrong gets captured by the Soviets. So that would be a re-imagining most likely.

Awesome! I love these old school remakes, I'm working on a few myself. Great work.

Really sweet, it made me remember old times. More mission remakes or adaptations would be apreciated.

Couple points:

1) This was one of my favorite missions in Cold War Crisis

2) That video of the mission running with that mod (I forget the name now?) was one of my all-time favorite OFP videos back in the day. It's still so good. Pretty sure I even commented on it years ago under my old username (Falcon988).

3) I downloaded and played this mission in ARMA 3 a few hours ago and it's a great remake. I went through it three times and died on each run, will keep playing until I survive though.

Thanks a lot for the mission and good to see you're still active in the community after all these years!