Sign in to follow this  
VGD

Arma 2: Operation harvest-red

Hi to all, my players !

I have released a new mission and updated all previous missions: See here

Change log:

- All the missions have the mission presentations

- OHR: Chernarus ep 2/3 MS (Marines Squad): the game optimization; the independent aircraft fighting has been added

- OHR: Chernarus ep 4 FRS (Force Recon Squad): the initial release

Enjoy:D

Thanks for the missions VGD. All updated on the CiA coop server. Still didn't get to play this campaign since the feedback on the first episode, will get there eventually!

Could you please name your mission files with a bit more information? I find it hard to keep track. For example, I would name your missions this way:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]co05_harvest_red_s1_ep1_frt.utes.pbo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]co02_harvest_red_s1_ep2_sniper_team.utes.pbo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]co10_harvest_red_s2_ep1_frt.chernarus.pbo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]co13_harvest_red_s2_ep2_ms.chernarus.pbo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]co16_harvest_red_s2_ep3_ms.chernarus.pbo

co13_harvest_red_s3_ep1_frs.pbo[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This way, it includes the player count, the name of the campaign, the stage of the war, and the episode within the phase.

Do you think you can do that or something in this line? It's very hard to update the missions the way they are named now...

Thanks again!

Edited by Variable

Hi Variable !

Thanks to you for the feedback and your proposition about the renaming of my missions. Rest assured, I will do it for you in the next update, probably at the end of this week.

Regards:D

Hi to all, my players !

I have released a new mission and updated all previous missions: See here

Hi to all, my players !

I have updated all the previous missions and released a new mission: See here

The new mission is the last of the project. This means that work on the Alpha version of the project is completed. Now the work begins on the Beta version.

In addition, I plan to release the original design of the ArmA 2 series.

Congratulations VGD! I promise to get back to testing and provide feedback as soon as we get the chance to test the campaign.

Congratulations VGD! I promise to get back to testing and provide feedback as soon as we get the chance to test the campaign.

But that's only because he's over in the Arma 3 forums, RIGHT Variable!!

Like one of those double agent spy's!

hehe actually I still much prefer Arma 2 over Arma 3. But an admin gotta please the lads... ;)

ArmA 2 is good enough to keep playing this game ...:D

Hi to all my players!

The work on the Operation HARVEST-RED project continues. I have released BETA versions of three missions. See here

Edited by VGD

Hi to all my players!

I have released BETA version of OHR_s2ep1frs.Chernarus. See here

Let's go to play:D

Edited by VGD

Hi to all my players!

I have released two BETA versions of ArmA 2: OHR. See here

Hi to all my players!

I have updated the ArmA 2: OHR. See here

Hi to all my players!

I have updated the ArmA 2: OHR. See here

Hi VGD, I have tried

OHR: Utes episode 1 FRT in single player mode and I must admit that I have not completed it because it has a few annoying issues. To begin with, the player starts swimming in the open ocean a LONG distance away from shore, which is a really boring and long winded insertion method compared to the usual boat insertion. What made me pull my hair out was the small spawn range of the enemy patrols: Overwhelming enemy numbers materialize out of thin air a mere 100 meters away and kill off my team - this has worn out my patience before clearing all the 4 beaches to begin with. I suggest you iron out these 2 small matters in a future version of the mission pack.

Utes episode 2 ST has a spawning problem the other way round: I am out of sniper rounds, and I chase a ghost echo (on the map) of an AAV7 around the map, never finding it and therefore not being able to do much more in that mission.

Chernarus episode 1: I am always shot to pieces by helicopters 1 klick out at sea no matter if I approach the airfield directly or as far off as Mutnaya beach to the right flank. How can I even set a foot on the coast under these circumstances????????????

Chernarus episode 2: My team is missing a medic, and while the forest patrol is fun, capturing Cherno is definitely not. I count 5 tanks and APC's and only have 3 AT gunners on my squad. Strangely, they attack only reluctantly and are rather fast to be killed. No air or artillery support is provided, so this is another near impossible mission. Has this campaign ever been tested for balancing?

Chernarus episode 3: This is rinse and repeat of episode 2, impossible as the last mission, also missing a medic or any kind of air or artillery support - something no Marine would want to fight with. I suspend testing pending a possible future, updated version of this campaign.

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger