Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

All fixed. Doors are working again, just want to give it a few hours of testing before releasing another update that will need a patch.

I MIGHT try to fix the few Panelak placement and the one missing one in Bagango before I release. But I'm definitely shooting to put out a package this weekend since it's working now.

Awesome! :)

v1.6.0 Full - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvY3BtcHZTOWprNVk/view?usp=sharing

v1.6.0 LITE - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvOHVYZHBHc1lkM2c/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if there are any bugs, I removed the scenes from the LITE package, it's tiny and all, but figured if server hosts were running it, they might delete that out and get an error since there was a dependency defined.

Yah! :) Downloading now! :bigsmile:

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (NonovUrbizniz) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated mod v1.6.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v1.6.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

I will add it to the list, there are bunch of placement errors now. I'm not great at working with Visitor, I think I'm actually introducing them all to be honest. I am not 100 percent sure I even have my A2 P drive setup right so I can edit it, but I will try to get that together and sorted out.

As I am working on CUP now, I might end up doing a backward release that will have the same effect on A2 terrains, IE, all the jbad/smd buildings on all the terrains. I'm not 100 percent sure I will though, we will see.

So the last working version v1.5.0? And where can we download?

So the last working version v1.5.0? And where can we download?

?

The current version is working, that is the first placement issue that would effect game play that I've seen. The others are minor rotation, or in one case a missing building (panelak 4 story in Bagango).

If you want to roll back to the last build where I haven't introduced any placement issues, you'd likely have to go back to 1.0? I'm not even sure.

There are a few problems.

1. That building is actually 2 buildings, and I only made 1, so they had to be manually placed.

2. In default Sahrani, those buildings are used to make "compositions", So when I replaced them with opened versions there were DOZENS of buildings mixed together like you show.

3. The method I used to make, and place the Panelak's and the dum_istan_maly's was not ideal.

4. I was learning how to use Visitor when I did this, and accidentally moved some things by accident, which are basically impossible to find other than people reporting them.

5. I had to rebuild my PC, so I don't currently have everything setup so I can do placement fixes.

6. I'm trying to focus on getting the CUP Terrains' buildings and objects sorted out, so they will apply to all terrains.

7. I will have to re-map all the SMD buildings on SMD Sahrani A3 back to the way they were originally named, IE without the SMD_ prefix.

8. The CUP work plan is not directly backward compatible with A2, it will take a lot of work to get both projects back on the same path.

I will see if I can get Visitor in A2 going, and fix that, but definitely can't promise anything.

Cheers mate. We really appreciate your dedication.

Have a pint of London Pride on me!

Cheers mate. We really appreciate your dedication.

Have a pint of London Pride on me!

I tried to have a quick go at moving those buildings without any luck tonight. It's something with the initial setup of Visitor I forgot to do, I'll have to go back and read over some of the tutorials again... I might make one so I have a quick reference for myself in the future lol.

Got it to work, it was the exthreads=0 entry not being in my buldozer launch path.

I fixed the above building placement issues, and fixed the Panelaks in Bagango, even added the one that was missing. I also replaced 1 of the 2 istan2's that was still unenterable. There's still one more I know of that I'd like to replace, and I'll probably have a look through all my github issues, and the A2/A3 threads for any other placement issues so I can fix them all before I release an update.

All Fixed up. I opened up Arma 1, and compared screen for screen for all the panelak placements in Bagango, Corazol, and Pita. I also fixed the Maly's in Pesto. I still have to comb through the bug reports/issue lists to see if anything else is off, but so far so good. Should have an update published this weekend.

Corazol:

These 2 rows were all pretty spot on, but I actually noticed exactly how they were aligned object to terrain in A1 and replicated that

gfbZU7Hl.png

The 1 8 story in the foreground was actually 90degrees rotated wrong. The 2 4 floors in the foreground were setback off the curb, where they were abutted in A1, so I adjusted them accordingly.

A8WZvfrl.png

These 8 story ones were all pretty good as well, one might have been rotated wrong? Can't remember now:

k7PG1CUl.png

Bagango:

The two facing eachother were not facing each other since they were swapped for the BI ones. and the 3rd one in the distance on the right was not there at all. I also aligned them a bit better.

j4HEkgpl.png

Wide shot with a better view of the 3rd 4 story that was missing in previous builds.

XnI09MKl.png

Pesto:

v5bozGdl.png

I will have a look through the issue lists and see if there are any more things I can/should get done before packing a final build tonight to release.

awesome. Thanks for the effort

Found 3 or 4 more 2 and 1 story istan buildings that could get replaced.

I worked a bit on getting one of the gates that currently doesn't animate to animate, but it's pretty funny, there are 2 sections to the gate, 1 is branal the other is branar, branal is not in CA in Arma2 so it's in our package already, branar apparently IS in CA, so we're calling it from CA, it's something not worth doing right now in the old way of moving it from CA to SMD, I'm going to address it when I move the SMD stuff back into CA namespace for CUP.

I deleted some steps that were from an old placeholder building, but that's about all I've found so far, I will play the new build a bit today, and then likely call it an update, UL it and release an update today/tonight.

You can watch the entire mind numbingly boring process on twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/nonovurbizniz

Warning, there are 20-40 minute chunks of watching pbo's pack lol. good fun for all.

**EDIT**

So, I went in game, found a few little silly placement issues, so I really went through pretty much all of the south and fixed LOTS of very small placement issues, and replaced a few more un-enterable versions for their enterable counterparts.

I also replaced the bombed out Pub in Bangango with Milkm8n's and the used the other fancy house to replace the un-enterable fancy house in Pita as well... was just some low hanging fruit I figured I'd knock out while I was in there.

Putting together the "final" test build now.

**EDIT2**

Found a few MORE to swap, and a random "Hotel" sign floating in the air that should have been against a building. Adjusted some of the sidewalks near some of the buildings I had adjusted. Not sure if I screwed them up when adjusting the buildings or if they were just a bit off to begin with?... they're better now, not perfect though.

Uploads are complete:

SMD_Sahrani_A2 - 1.6.5

SMD_Sahrani_A2_Lite - 1.6.5

Edited by CiforDayZServer

Updated mod v1.6.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Updated mod v1.6.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Great effort.

Incidentally I checked your Twitch TV video and the audio has been disabled due to copyright suspicions.

You might want to set the record straight with Twitch and/or correct for future videos.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for informing us about the newest update :cool:

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (NonovUrbizniz) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!