Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

If you're not already, make sure you're following/keeping an eye on the A3 thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169655-Sahrani-for-A3-by-SMD

I finally got the settings worked out to eliminate the "terrain tiling bug", everything looks perfect on the map preview screen, and in game from the air:

Te70fZZl.jpg

I will now update the gas stations so they do not have the ability to fuel which is causing an error in Arma 3, and also comb through the config adding what I can from A3 into it w/o delaying an initial release for this weekend.

I will now update the gas stations so they do not have the ability to fuel which is causing an error in Arma 3, and also comb through the config adding what I can from A3 into it w/o delaying an initial release for this weekend.

Hey mate sterling job!

Will the A2 version benefit from the latest update?

Or is it just limited to A3?

Cos I'm waiting on your next update before attempting Outlawz7's 'Armed Assault' - ArmA2:CO Coop Campaign.

CiforDayZServer,

I helped test your Arma 2 version and it was great, I can not wait to try this one out. You defiantly have my vote for the contest. Oh how I hope Alive index's this one. The Ops I could make on this map would be amazing. Keep up the great work.

Twiztid

Hey mate sterling job!

Will the A2 version benefit from the latest update?

Or is it just limited to A3?

Cos I'm waiting on your next update before attempting Outlawz7's 'Armed Assault' - ArmA2:CO Coop Campaign.

Nope, you want that functionality in the gas stations for A2, in A3 it throws an error.

I'm fairly sure the A2 build is REALLY solid right now. If anyone reports any bugs I'll address them, but for now, I'm solely focused on the A3 port and trying to get the ocean floor more realistic, and then start doing all the changes for a United Sahrani version. Then hopefully begin the changes I've had in mind since the beginning. However I still have a LOT of leg work to do to upgrade all the buildings to A3 fully.

Great mate.

Thanks for your hard work.

I guess that I just got the wrong end of stick (British euphemism meaning that I didn't understand you).

Looks like I can get stuck in then...

Christmas before Christmas!

Any chance of a HD pic of the map?

Would like to print out a colour A3

Any chance of a HD pic of the map?

Would like to print out a colour A3

Let me just be sure it's ok to distribute, there are a few from the Arma Gold package, but they're not in any of the public releases. I'm sure it's fine, but want to be sure.

On another note, I updated the buildings for A3 with a ton of AI spawn points and AI door memory points, I'm going to work on adding lighting, and making sure the AI pathing is done on some of the ones that I didn't do previously, and the others are all in good order (I'm sure they are, M1lkm8n did them at some point I believe). Once that's done, I will back port the buildings to A2, so that I can update the A2 version as well!

Not sure of a timeline yet, but probably a month or two at most. I may or may not take the extra time to finish off 5-10 buildings I've had sitting in limbo for a while that only need a bit more work to finish. We'll see.

Thanks for the update. Us old-timers really appreciate your efforts in retro-fitting A3 work into A2 maps.

Think I have a pretty good working build going. It has all the AI points, ALICE seems to be spawning a TON more AI in towns, the new midrange texture is looking GREAT!

Will give it a play around a bit tomorrow and if everything is looking fine, I'll release an update.

Thank you for your work :pc:

Update SMD_Sahrani_A2 - 1.5.5_20150322

Update includes the updated

SMD_Sahrani_A2 1.5.5

Google

Mediafire - In Progress

SMD_Sahrani_A2_Lite 1.5.5

Google

Mediafire - In Progress

Edited by CiforDayZServer

Updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (NonovUrbizniz) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Congrats on the new release!

I downloaded the 1.5.5 full map port from ArmaHolic, and vilas' smd_units.pbo isn't in there as it was in last version. Should it be?

In addition, I can't get any animated objects to work, such as hangar doors, garage doors, red shed doors with locking bar, and window shutters. The animations work perfectly in 1.5.0.7.

There is a SMD_A3.bikey file in the keys folder. Perhaps this release is meant to work with A3 and AiA?

Edited by OMAC

Same here regards hangar doors not working.

Thanks for supporting the project and your hard work though, especially for A2 here.

Congrats on the new release!

I downloaded the 1.5.5 full map port from ArmaHolic, and vilas' smd_units.pbo isn't in there as it was in last version. Should it be?

In addition, I can't get any animated objects to work, such as hangar doors, garage doors, red shed doors with locking bar, and window shutters. The animations work perfectly in 1.5.0.7.

There is a SMD_A3.bikey file in the keys folder. Perhaps this release is meant to work with A3 and AiA?

Ugh.

I will give it a look and likely release an update by the weekend. I didn't test it nearly enough.

I'm a little bit confused here. Which version should I use in A3? This one + AiATP? Or the specific A3 release?

This is for A2. The A3 release is for a3, either will work in A3 with AiA, but this one won't have the terrain tiling fix, or any of the A3 stuff like clouds, weather and lighting.

This is for the folks who still play in Arma 2 though.

This is for A2. The A3 release is for a3, either will work in A3 with AiA, but this one won't have the terrain tiling fix, or any of the A3 stuff like clouds, weather and lighting.

This is for the folks who still play in Arma 2 though.

So to be on the safe side: there are no improvements (better mid range textures for that matters) in this A2 version, that are not already present in the A3 one. Is that right?

Nothing new in this, same midrange texture and ai entry points that were added to the A3 release a few weeks ago.

Nothing new in this, same midrange texture and ai entry points that were added to the A3 release a few weeks ago.

OK, thanks a lot.

Just an informational update, I tried repacking the buildings, and the doors still weren't working, I was fairly sure this is due to my P drive issues, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way I was in desperate need of a system rebuild, so I spent this weekend backing up and reformatting my computer. I'm almost 100 percent up and running now. I still have to install the A2 tools/drive and A3 tools/drive.

I was hoping to document it, but it will go much faster if I don't lol. We'll see.

Either way, should hopefully have an update by or over the weekend.

Thanks for all your hard work on Sahrani, and for persevering through the hassle of a system rebuild. We eagerly await the new version! :)