major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

ArmA3Sync.png

ArmA3Sync, launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3
By the [s.o.E] team - Sons of Exiled, sonsofexiled.fr
Current version 1.7

arma3sync_presentation_5.png

--- About ---

ArmA3Sync is both a launcher and adddons synchronization software for ArmA 3.

It is intend to be used by players, server administrators and ArmA 3 teams.
ArmA3Sync development has been inspired from ArmA 2 Game Launcher (SpiritedMachine) and AddonSync 2009 (Yoma).

Main features are:
- Game configuration and launch with addons.
- Server configuration and launch with addons for both Windows Server and Linux Server.
- Build and management of custom addon repositories on FTP and HTTP files servers.
- Files integrity check (SHA1).
- Parallel files synchronization.
- Compression of pbo files.
- Minimization of the amount of downloaded data on HTTP based repositories using ZSYNC algorithm.
- Events broadcast system which can help organizing multiplayer games with modsets.

--- Downloads ---

Windows automatic installer (FTP): ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases

Windows automatic installer (HTTP): http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/arma3sync/releases/

Manual installation (FTP): ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/download/

Manual installation (HTTP): http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/arma3sync/download/

--- Sources ---

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/sources

--- Requirements ---

ArmA3Sync requires Java Runtime Environment  8.

--- Documentation ---

Wiki ArmA3Sync

--- Video Tutorials ---

A short video presentation by LCBradley3k:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzpM1oajlq8

--- Authors ---

[s.o.E] Major_Shepard: Software Conception
[s.o.E] Matt2507: Graphic Conception & Web Development
[s.o.E], [BWF] & [F27] members: Testing

--- Terms Of Use ---

ArmA3Sync is a free software distributed under the GNU Global Public Licence (GPL), version 3.
Authors and the [s.o.E] team reject any responsibility in the use of this software.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Awesome. Just one question: Does it handle ACRE installation well?

Yes there is a ACRE installation wizard with detects Windows 32/64 bit and TS3 32/64 bit versions.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Very nice. I downloaded it, and am getting it set up on the server. I'll distribute it to our outfit members, and we'll give it a shot for a few weeks. So far, it looks like it's exactly what we need. Thanks again!

It works great with allin arma, BUT Im not able to get any other mods to work... well Jarheads sound is working. lol but my other stuff is not working. I was able to use your arma2 moddmanager for arma 3 but it didnt work for allinarma. lol I know its something I'm doing wrong. I've been using play with 6. but its a pain adding mods to it that not affiliated. lol I'm using the folder that I had for my mods in 6 Mod manager. Maybe this is my issues. I'll try putting them all in arm3 directory. Thanks for the release. I do love your work. Just wondering if im the only one having problems.

Please read the wiki http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English

I guess you can add the Six addons destination folder to Addon Search Directories of ArmA3Sync.

As first try starts the Game without @AllInArmA (Game version = ArmA 3). Checkout the run Parameters in Addon Options panel. Every selected mods should appeared.

yup did all that. ;) nope still not working. Its something on my end im sure. :) I'll figure it out sooner or later. thanks for the reply though. :)

Hello,

I ran into a problem though, a no entry message and the mx rifles are for some reason unusable. I can run all my mods with six updater and allinarma is not one of them and they work fine. I tried to start the game without any mods but I seem to always run into this problem!

Strange problem, we never have these problem. Some of us are using either the dev or default branch.

Great launcher -thanks, afaik this is the only one that runs AiA too? other than PwS.

One problem i found is that it won't pick up my 'ingame profile' eg-[RCB] ck-claw

If this can allow people to run AiA much more easily than previous methods then this thing will be worth it's weight in Adamantium wolverine.gif

Thanks for the reply Major- I should've explained better, in that drop down box it does not show as '[RCB] ck-claw'

It shows up listed twice as '[RCB]%20ck-claw' and i'll select one of them and in game it shows with the %20

Edit:-

It also show a '[RCB]%%20ck' strange.

Edited by ck-claw

If you have only one game profile you can just select "Default" in the profile checkbox of ArmA3Sync and it should work.

Now %20 stands for a white space. Does the folder is named "[RCB] ck-claw" or "[RCB]%20ck-claw" on your hard drive inside \MyDocuments\ArmA3 other profiles\ ?

Heyho, I encountered a similar problem. My Servers profile is named alien-ninja-zombie-pirate.

The checkbox for profileselection is correct, but if I select the profile, the programm interprets every new word starting with a dash as seperate command:

Run Parameters:

-name=alien
-ninja
-zombie
-pirate

Looks like somekind of unexpected RegExp-problem to me :D

Yeah fuck you are right :). Just replace the - by _ has a workaround for now. I'll push an update to fix it.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Yeah fuck you are right :). Just replace the - by _ has a workaround for now. I'll push an update in a couple of days that will fix it.

Great man! I can just wait since profile settings in A3 is still broken.

I am just setting up a repo for my squad. Looks good! Only problem: Auto-Config only allows "real" public access. Something like "ftp://name:password@mydomain.tl" won't work. It would be great to have autoconfig for passworded repos too.

And by the way: If you need help with hosting, websites, databases or programming, just write me a short PM.

Thanks for this awesome launcher. Addons = perfect ; AiA = perfect ; repositories = perfect.

Nothing more to add but diffrent languages.

Great job on this !!!

Great man! I can just wait since profile settings in A3 is still broken.

I am just setting up a repo for my squad. Looks good! Only problem: Auto-Config only allows "real" public access. Something like "ftp://name:password@mydomain.tl" won't work. It would be great to have autoconfig for passworded repos too.

And by the way: If you need help with hosting, websites, databases or programming, just write me a short PM.

Yes there is. If you want to share repository protected by a password use Help -> Autoconfig -> Export. It will generate an encrypted file containing your repository information so that nobody can grab the password even the ones you give it to ;)

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Thanks for this awesome launcher. Addons = perfect ; AiA = perfect ; repositories = perfect.

Nothing more to add but diffrent languages.

Great job on this !!!

Multi-language support could be added. Looking for some german/spanish/russian guys to do the job ^^

Edited by Major_Shepard

Multi-language support could be added. Looking for some german/spanish/russian guys to do the job ^^

Send me the files for the german translation.

P.S. Is there a way to add events from within the server without needing FTP-write-access? If I use the steps from your site I will rewrite the login data on the server.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Send me the files for the german translation.

P.S. Is there a way to add events from within the server without needing FTP-write-access? If I use the steps from your site I will rewrite the login data on the server.

No because the event is uploaded to the repository. If you want just some guys of your organization be able to publish events on the repository, just create a supplementary account with read+write permissions on you FTP server and give it to them.

Edited by Major_Shepard

AiA just gives me an error that I can't get past... "No entry 'config.bin/CfgVoice.Male00ENG'." All I'm doing is trying to place a single unit on a map and then Preview.

I've had AiA work before, so I'm wondering if this tool has anything to do with it.