Sign in to follow this  
kleutscher

2017 - Official Announcement!

Just starting to re-texture the infected:

http://i.imgur.com/5DfHzaz.jpg (120 kB)

Does this board still seriously have a file size limit even when the file is hosted elsewhere?

that looks great. very l4d2-esque. my only suggestion would be to add some slight yellows and greens (very slight) in the mix to make it look more rotten/foul. right now it almost looks like a fire demon made from ashes :D

still very nice. i bet they are scary at night.

that looks great. very l4d2-esque. my only suggestion would be to add some slight yellows and greens (very slight) in the mix to make it look more rotten/foul. right now it almost looks like a fire demon made from ashes :D

Hey, who says we won't have fire demons made from ashes? :p

Looking forward to trying out the mod, it seems intriguing. I agree that straits doesn't seem to lend it's self too well to horror, it's just so warm and nice. Chernerus and especially Namalsk are creepy. Hopefully Altis will have some creepy parts.

Keep in mind that we're not looking at dead, rotting zombies, but instead living humans infected with some unknown virus that causes them to go mad. Although they will look gruesome and bloody after a few years, rotten is not what we're going for.That being said, the skin textures as well as the player clothing and some other assets are merely placeholders to speed up the development process. The main thing Shinkicker was showing in that screenshot is the re-texturing of the civilian clothing the infected is wearing.

We're working hard to make 2017 look and feel like it takes place years after the world has gone to hell, where every moment is a fight for your survival against the infected, the environment, and sometimes even yourself.

I took this screenshot while working on the 2017 map, I think it illustrates a typical night on the town in Agia Marina circa 2017.

http://erdb.webuda.com/houses.png (1300 kB)

Edited by knar33

Keep in mind that we're not looking at dead, rotting zombies, but instead living humans infected with some unknown virus that causes them to go mad. Although they will look gruesome and bloody after a few years, rotten is not what we're going for.That being said, the skin textures as well as the player clothing and some other assets are merely placeholders to speed up the development process. The main thing Shinkicker was showing in that screenshot is the re-texturing of the civilian clothing the infected is wearing.

We're working hard to make 2017 look and feel like it takes place years after the world has gone to hell, where every moment is a fight for your survival against the infected, the environment, and sometimes even yourself.

I took this screenshot while working on the 2017 map, I think it illustrates a typical night on the town in Agia Marina circa 2017.

http://erdb.webuda.com/houses.png (1300 kB)

Isn't this agia marina with fog ?

theres going to be the mods own map! omg omg thats fucking sexy

Isn't this agia marina with fog ?

Not quite, look a bit closer and you will notice a few differences :rolleyes:

how big will the map be? comparing to stratis or any other arma 1,2 map

I think it would be cool to see different variants of infected soldiers. For example, infected riflemen, autoriflemen, medics, "light" soldiers (with no combat gear on, just regular uniform). And some of these units with shredded clothing in the spot of their former bite wound. These are some ideas that really struck me in past zombie mods ive played and i think it would add more atmosphere to the game showing the struggle and fight for survival. The mod is looking fantastic by the way, you are doing an outstanding job.

From my understanding a custom new map isn't planned since 2017 is meant for Altis. The screenshot shows Agia Marina with setDamage buildings and additional wreckage :)

I am thinking of maybe re-looking at the skin textures, they are to dark.

Here is the whole gang:

http://i.imgur.com/yWxMN8G.jpg (356 kB)

Going to start on other units eventually.

Bad Benson, I need to catch up with you on skype sometime. I am delving into animations for the first time (a world of confusion, filled with old ofp links that 404)]. I noted your maya skeleton and some good progress on your end.

Edited by shinkicker

From my understanding a custom new map isn't planned since 2017 is meant for Altis. The screenshot shows Agia Marina with setDamage buildings and additional wreckage :)

That is correct, all buildings have damage set to 5. We will be adding lots of things around the map to make it really feel like an apocalypse and to tell a story with the environment.

We will be using the Stratis map for our closed alpha testing phase which will be coming soonâ„¢, but Altis will be the final destination for 2017 mod.

To avoid any confusion, here's a list with team members and their forum accounts (if applicable)

Project Lead: Hellborn - Hellborn

Lead Developer: gdscei - gdscei

Lead Tester: Knar - knar33

Developer: Shinkicker - shinkicker

Developer: Craig_VG - bobtom

Developer: Genkids

Developer: Jarrrk

Developer: Fredsterftw

Media: Karwin Leutscher - kleutscher

Concept Artist: Fieldmau5

Some of them might actually have BI accounts I just not know of ;) You can find them elsewhere on the interwebs though :)

We also have testing team, but these guys come and go often, so I don't think it would be too useful to post them here. If you would like to contact our testers for some reason, you can best speak to Knar.

Also:

looking forward to the alpha testing, hope its soon :D

The alpha is a closed alpha, meaning it will only be to internally test the mod. A public beta will hopefully come soon after that though.

Edited by gdscei

does 2017 have its own website?

That's a work in progress ;) Jarrrk (Dev on the mod) and myself are web devs, so it should work out pretty good :)

oooooo well done guys hopefully lots of pictures and info and blogs etc :D

Very nice used up bloodsplatter clothing, to bad getting in different skin textures is a hard task to tackle.

Never the less well done.

Could i ask for 1 Model with Sandels and socks? Just for the fun of it ^^

Very nice used up bloodsplatter clothing, to bad getting in different skin textures is a hard task to tackle.

Never the less well done.

Could i ask for 1 Model with Sandels and socks? Just for the fun of it ^^

Hi Fluttershy.

I am reworking all of the skin textures and hope to have quite a different number of infected types;

Here is the latest guy based on the African Civilian:

2kcyENi.png

7TmpxV2.png

Edited by shinkicker

nice one. reminds me of fluttershy's signature a bit though. looks a bit like the head model is caucasian ;) doesn't matter though. great texture

nice one. reminds me of fluttershy's signature a bit though. looks a bit like the head model is caucasian ;) doesn't matter though. great texture

The sig was not the inspiration, I can promise you that. Its more that m_african is already present (as is a greek, asian etc models). The head is african too, but I pot marked the skin and added the wounds.

This is the greek model, but I have gone off of this one and want to redo it http://i.imgur.com/FMHJJku.jpg

On a separate note, why on earth does BI not allow you to link to an off site image greater then 100kb? Makes no sense at all. Its not there bandwidth getting used. Its a pain in the ass having to make your own thumbnails each time.

Here is the whole gang:

http://i.imgur.com/yWxMN8G.jpg (356 kB)

I guess, if they are "living things", then their digestive system somewhat works. This mean, that theirs pants and legs might be more dirty and so on... Also, whether they need drink of water or suffices them what receive from blood?

a really nice mod though you should make more zombies clothes ruined and faded