Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

Not at all, it's a comparison. Saying that Altis is bigger than Chernarus is irrelevant.

I never said it was not a comparison. I also never said it´s just bigger then Chernarus, i said about twice the size and even gave you an overlay to look at.

Compraing a city with an island says itself. You probably are talking about cities in Altis which PurePassion alluded to (which you never mentioned)

Day Z got a new animation skeleton? I'm jealous.

I think 'new' in relation to the mod which is from ARMA2. But ARMA3 already have those, (new animation skeleton). That is why we have stance adjust and more. We just don't have All The Things yet

I think 'new' in relation to the mod which is from ARMA2. But ARMA3 already have those, (new animation skeleton). That is why we have stance adjust and more. We just don't have All The Things yet

No, that is not correct. It's as it stands in the report; it is a completely new animation skeleton with more detailed joints which Arma 3 doesn't use. The amount of animations that would require rework is just too massive in Arma 3. It would basically mean starting from absolute scratch (like DayZ does). Though if you wish to continue discussion, we can use the DayZ thread and I'll move the relevant posts there.

So any idea if the salt lagoon is empty or filled with water depending on the date in the editor?

So any idea if the salt lagoon is empty or filled with water depending on the date in the editor?

It's always a dry salt lake (which is in fact quite large!). There's also a makeshift airstrip on there.

I never said it was not a comparison. I also never said it´s just bigger then Chernarus, i said about twice the size and even gave you an overlay to look at.

Compraing a city with an island says itself. You probably are talking about cities in Altis which PurePassion alluded to (which you never mentioned)

To me it was pretty obvious that I was talking about the size of the cities on Altis compared to Chernagorsk, other people understood what I was alluding to... anyway is it Monday yet? :D

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

It's always a dry salt lake (which is in fact quite large!). There's also a makeshift airstrip on there.

So, that is 6 airstrips confirmed so far by my reckoning including the big one in the middle.

Is this altis pack that we get on Monday a release candidate with other content for the main release or just the Island alone?

I remember reading somewhere that it was dry or wet and had some water in it depending on the time of year.

Edit: read this: http://www.greeka.com/eastern_aegean/lemnos/lemnos-excursions/lemnos-alyki-lake.htm

The salt lagoon is called "Aliki lake"

The sun is affected by the time the mission is set at, the Salt lake should also be affected.

Edited by ProGamer

Is this altis pack that we get on Monday a release candidate with other content for the main release or just the Island alone?

It should just be the terrain. Other content may be staged as and when it's feasible, up until launch day.

And no complaining there's no new stuff on launch if you choose to test it on dev branch before then! :cool:

Best,

RiE

It should just be the terrain. Other content may be staged as and when it's feasible, up until launch day.

And no complaining there's no new stuff on launch if you choose to test it on dev branch before then! :cool:

Best,

RiE

I want to create missions with all the content on Altis the sooner the better. :D

So looking forward to it!

Best,

RiE

Haha rgr that ;)

I cant wait RIE, been looking forward to exploring altis since it was announced, still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that Cherno would fit in a corner of Altis if you compared sizes!

Best,

RiE

Even I'm not that petty :p

In all videos i 've seen until now i m not happy seeing the lack of tall buildings 4+ floors

Also (again from videos) i m getting the usual ArmA empty-ness. (too few objects in the environment)

Most of villages / towns in the Mediterranean with that doesn't have buildings more than two floors tall, besides the villages that have became touristic "theme parks". In fact, judging by Stratis it's almost like a pic. of little villages I've been in different parts of that sea ( for example, in Spain, Italy or Greece ).

Here you have for example Tossa de Mar in Catalunya ( and is quite a touristic place ):

http://cabanesalbosc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/20090627091648__mg_0055_6_7b.jpg (329 kB)

Or Matala in Crete:

matala_1.jpg

Too me the engine is perfect for what they are depicting. I don't even see the maps as empty. And after adding animals the only point that I may "complain" about is the lack of human live. Well and maybe lack of flies...

In fact imo there are too many animals, I've seen more snakes playin 2 hours in Stratis than in 24 years livin' in the Mediterranean coast. And I've been in the boyscouts and in the army there... so I've walk lots of kms in the mountains ( I was not at that time a couch potato... ).

On the other hand I'm like Dale0404, really curious about how Altis is gonna look like, specially his third point... I need forests to make my mission ideas come true ( ambushes, infiltrations, guerrilla warfare, rebel camps... ). Instead of waiting until the 26th they could add it tomorrow after the Gamescom... :yay:

They Should Add It Nooow! haha i'm really looking forward to this island!

Everyone know that feel bro

Everyone know that feel bro

Yepp- it's a bank-holiday here on 26th (uk)so got a day off to play with Altis :yay:

They Should Add It Nooow! haha i'm really looking forward to this island!

They need to show it on the last day of gamescom fist, Altis is theire big atraction and the waiting lines are long as all tickets are sold.

Send with Tapatalk.

They need to show it on the last day of gamescom fist, Altis is theire big atraction and the waiting lines are long as all tickets are sold.

Send with Tapatalk.

To me that is ok, just release as soon as the GamesCom end... ( so today ) :p

Tomorrow when Altis arrives. Does that mean the CAS plane also arrives?

Tomorrow when Altis arrives. Does that mean the CAS plane also arrives?

No. The CAS planes are still under creation and will follow after release

No. The CAS planes are still under creation and will follow after release

Understood, thanks for letting me know.