Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Altis - Info & Discussion

Lightbulb Altis - Info & Discussion

Please use this thread for any discussion about the soon-to-be-released island of Altis. I will endeavor to keep this post up to date with any official info that comes out.

FAQ

When will Altis become available?

Altis is available right now on the dev branch.

How will Altis affect performance compared to Stratis?

As is the case with all larger islands, Altis comes with a framerate hit compared to Stratis.

Your view distance probably plays the biggest role here. Even if you are able to run Stratis with 12k view distance, Altis will probably kill your framerate at this setting due to the significantly higher number of everything.

Reducing your draw distance is the obvious solution.

How big will the download be?

~2.5GB, perhaps more if you're switching from the main build.
    Last edited by MadDogX; Aug 29 2013 at 13:10.

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
    16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

From the closed thread:

Quote Originally Posted by tortuosit
    Quote Originally Posted by zimms
    The way I saw it, the old/historical capital is bigger than the current capital next to the air field and harbor.
    mm:ss?
    [Talking about this livestream.]
    Try 36:40 or 37:15 onwards. It's not as dense as other cities, but it covers a huge area.

Actually, it is pretty dense for the Armaverse and f-ing massive.
    Last edited by zimms; Aug 20 2013 at 14:28.

I love it from what we've seen. Huge props to the devs, even though something new to ArmA like (Ant)arctic warfare would have been cool, Altis is IMO the most beautiful map I've seen so far. Maybe that will vary once we get our own view on it, but huge props to the devs!
    Greetings,
    Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLCBAT View Post
    "The platoon is to insert into the rear of Sarah, using maximum violence to breach and clear any resistance. Due to heavy undergrowth and a narrow passage, Sections will take it in turns to enter"
    NOW - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 | MB: ASUS M4A78T-E | GPU: EVGA GTX 560 Ti | RAM: 6GB DDR3
    SOON - CPU: i7 4770k | MB: MSI Z77A-G45 | GPU: EVGA GTX 760 Phantom | RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133

I love the fact that you have so much variation. Mountains, flat land, cities, salt lagoon.

I´m just hoping we see an airport up in the mountains, on of those airports that pinches your stomach a little bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8YsZXJUM0

Quote Originally Posted by zimms View Post
    Try 36:40 or 37:15 onwards. It's not as dense as other cities, but it covers a huge area.
    Thanks. Looks like there's no bigger cities, i.e. with bigger (office) buildings and office towers... but many of those small greek houses we already know from Stratis. But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by RushHour View Post
    I´m just hoping we see an airport up in the mountains, on of those airports that pinches your stomach a little bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8YsZXJUM0
    I think you are better served and should consider playing this in X-Plane or FSX, because flying in ArmA is just very simplified.
    Last edited by tortuosit; Aug 20 2013 at 14:51.

Quote Originally Posted by tortuosit View Post
    Thanks. Looks like there's no bigger cities, i.e. with bigger (office) buildings and office towers... but many of those small greek houses we already know from Stratis. But we will see.
    Seems like devs have done everything to avoid huge buildings/skyscrapers like that in every ArmA, lol.

Altis is awesome. the size and the variation is more than i ever dreamed of any game...

does anyone know about the feature which was announced, that the houses furnishing can be affected (guess by script or module)?

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Seems like devs have done everything to avoid huge buildings/skyscrapers like that in every ArmA, lol.
    Except maybe International Hotel in Chernogorsk, but hey, it's just a huge brick

Quote Originally Posted by tortuosit View Post
    Except maybe International Hotel in Chernogorsk, but hey, it's just a huge brick
    And not accessable

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    And not accessable
    wrong, the first floor was :P

edit: partially xD

Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast