Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Hello everyone!

Its me again, LordJarhead. Today I decided to start an alpha phase of JSRS2.0.

3EJKrGnWY8U

There was already an WIP Preview at JSRS-Studios.com showing some of the features I am aiming for. So let me quickly list some of the features you'll get in the later and bigger releases of JSRS2.0:

• All weapon sounds completely new created, decent stereo mixes for best environmental soundings
  • All (or most) vehicles completely new created as well, plus some new ideas and features like an static "inside the car" sound, raining sounds and more
  • Environment sounds completely new created to represent a living and realistic sounding world with all the nature there can be
  • Explosion sounds, all new and tweaked from JSRS1.5, plus new filters to create realistic sounding distance effects
  • New soldier movement sounds, footsteps, gear noises, action sounds like using medkits and more
  • And the biggest invention: The new, tweaked and overworked scripts providing distance effects, inroom sounds, FPS effects and more

Besides sounds:

• A decent and logical updating system, so you can easily stay tuned with JSRS. Not sure how I will build this into the game (version numbers)
  • Decent download and traffic speeds. Due to smaller packs/updates we can provide all the traffic volume we need
  • As soon as we reach bigger version numbers (from 0.02a to 0.1 for example) I'll make a full pack of all the stuff, so people who don't like updating their mod copy so recently can choose the full packs
  • LogIn to our forums to stay tuned directly on the scene and report your problems, ideas and suggestions

So, I will start really small with the packs and we will grow with the status of the mod further throughout the development. I wont provide signature keys for JSRS until we reached the beta phase, which obviously cant be before ArmA3 has not been released on September 12th. Due to too many changes to the basic game that may appear I cant promise things to work over a long term view, so there might be problems to vehicles, class names, the scripts and what not. Also I want you to keep in mind that most of the sounds will be placeholders when we start with this, since I want to prove the basic functionality before going into the details, I guess you understand that.

You can as mentioned login to the Studios Forums. There is also the Download Area here and there will be News and Updates as recently as I can make it. I also want you to know, that I'm a lone wolf with this publishing stuff. So if there wont be a news, an update or something like that for like a week or more, I ask you to be patient enough. But I guess you know the drill from JSRS1.5 already.

The first alpha version will contain the bare weapon sounds (some are just placeholders as said) without the script or anything else. We are currently working on the script and I really cant say how many work there might be until it gets to a good state for a release. It is functioning but one update on the script will make you to download 200MB again, even if we just change a simple text value. So we want to work something out there before going public with that.

Also I will release one vehicle later today or tomorrow as a proving concept of "MY" personal idea how is should have made in the config and how to let the game use the sounds. There will be the hunter for that concept. The sounds on the hunter are mostly done, so almost no placeholders. Most of the work goes to the config by now.

Besides that, lets get to the "being a bad guy part" here: Steam Workshop Prohibition! I really ask you to respect this.

I'll update you in a few hours with the first Downloadable Content Of JSRS2.0.

Thank you very much for your time.

JSRS Bugtracker

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN THAT EACH UPDATE CONTAINS ONLY THE NEW OR UPDATED PBO'S! YOU NEED ALL DOWNLOADS IN ORDER TO GET IT TO WORK!!!!!! DOWNLOAD THEM ONE BY ONE. AS SOON AS WE REACH VERSION 0.1A I WILL PROVIDE A BIG PACK THAT CONTAINS ALL THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN MADE TO THAT POINT.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE1

I've uploaded the first Alpha release of JSRS2.0 to our servers. The first release contains some basic sounds for weapons, the Hunter vehicle and more. Click 'Read more' for the full list, a preview on changes I'm about to make and, of course, for the download link.

The first release, in version 0.001a contains the basic weapons:

Pistols: ACPC12, P07, Rook40

SMGs: Scorpion, Vector

Rifles: EBR, FS2000, Katiba, MX, TRG20, SDAR

MGs: M200, Zafir

Sniperrifles: M6, M320

Launchers: NLAW, RPG32

The vehicle in this first release is the Hunter Mrap which needs some tweaks to its config still. Furthermore this pack contain the basic movement sounds for soldiers, vehicle sounds (which will only be used by the hunter right now) and soniccracks from JSRS1.5 in a basic kinda way which will be tweaked in future.

You can find the files when you just click this Link. Within the @JSRS2.0ALPHA folder there is a version.txt file that contains a version number. This will be updated with later updates so this way you can keep track of which version you are running and compare it with the latest version available in our download section.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE2

FIRST UPDATE-JSRS2-ALPHA-0.001b

Changelog:

- Added: Missing Vehicle Sounds Container.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE3

UPDATE-JSRS2-ALPHA-0.002!

Changelog:

• -Added: Explosion sounds (Still WIP)
  • -Changed: MX Rifle sound has been tweaked
  • -Changed: M6 Rifle sound has been tweaked
  • -Changed: EBR Rifle sound has been tweaked

You need version 0.001a, 0.001b and this installed in the same order to be able to make it working.

UPDATE4

UPDATE-JSRS2-ALPHA-0.01!

Changelog:

Added: New Explosives PBO's. Containing Activation, Deactivation and Trigger sounds for Explosives

Added: Separated Explosives Config

Changed: Explosion sounds, all of them

Changed: MX rifle got a little bit more of a punch now

Fixed: Missing Movement sounds

UPDATE5

UPDATE-JSRS2-ALPHA-0.05!

VEHICLE SOUNDS

UPDATE6

UPDATE-JSRS2-ALPHA-0.075!

NEW HELICOPTERS

You need version 0.001a, 0.001b, 0.002, 0.01, 0.05 and this installed in the same order to be able to make it working.

PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN THAT EACH UPDATE CONTAINS ONLY THE NEW OR UPDATED PBO'S! YOU NEED ALL DOWNLOADS IN ORDER TO GET IT TO WORK!!!!!! DOWNLOAD THEM ONE BY ONE. AS SOON AS WE REACH VERSION 0.1A I WILL PROVIDE A BIG PACK THAT CONTAINS ALL THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN MADE TO THAT POINT.

To install the mod download the .rar file and extract it into your ArmA3 main folder so you end up like this:

X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@JSRS2.0Alpha

Start your game. Within the main menu you click on "Configure" and then on "Expansions" and select the "JSRS.20 Alpha" mod. The game ask you to restart in order to activate the mod. Restart the game and it'll be activated. Now have fun!

Thanks a lot,

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead
Update

I knew this would be the best sunday since the 27.12.11. If you ever happen to be near Hamburg, I'll buy you a drink.

Awesome! I was getting worried there'd be no JSRS in Arma 3!

yes! yes! yes! we need more sound mods! arma 3's gun sounds are better but nothing beats sounds made by people that are dedicated to just that. sounds. so no offense to BI but sound mods improve the game immensely

I've uploaded the first Alpha release of JSRS2.0 to our servers. The first release contains some basic sounds for weapons, the Hunter vehicle and more. Click 'Read more' for the full list, a preview on changes I'm about to make and, of course, for the download link.

The first release, in version 0.001a contains the basic weapons:

Pistols: ACPC12, P07, Rook40

SMGs: Scorpion, Vector

Rifles: EBR, FS2000, Katiba, MX, TRG20, SDAR

MGs: M200, Zafir

Sniperrifles: M6, M320

Launchers: NLAW, RPG32

The vehicle in this first release is the Hunter Mrap which needs some tweaks to its config still. Furthermore this pack contain the basic movement sounds for soldiers, vehicle sounds (which will only be used by the hunter right now) and soniccracks from JSRS1.5 in a basic kinda way which will be tweaked in future.

You can find the files in our Download Section or just click this Direct Link. Within the @JSRS2.0ALPHA folder there is a version.txt file that contains a version number. This will be updated with later updates so this way you can keep track of which version you are running and compare it with the latest version available in our download section.

To install the mod, download the .rar file and unpack it in your ArmA3 main folder. Start the game and go to configure/expansions/ and double click "JSRS2.0 Alpha", the game will ask you to restart to activate the changes. Restart your game. Have fun.

I ask you to report any RPT's you might run into to our Forums as there is a sub forum just for JSRS2.0, or you here. This will help us to locate and eliminate any kind of problems. I also like to state that we will try to release the scripts as soon as possible since thats the most important feature of this mod.

Thank you very much!

LJ

PS:

I knew this would be the best sunday since the 27.12.11. If you ever happen to be near Hamburg, I'll buy you a drink.

Cheers mate, sounds good :)

I was gonna hold off on soundmods, but the explosions in Arma 3 sound so terrible that I´ll probably get your mod again as I did for Arma 2. Really looking forward to what you do with this, after I get over my disappointment about BI's "pew pew pewwwwwwww" exploding rubber tyre explosion sounds.

I was gonna hold off on soundmods, but the explosions in Arma 3 sound so terrible that I´ll probably get your mod again as I did for Arma 2. Really looking forward to what you do with this, after I get over my disappointment about BI's "pew pew pewwwwwwww" exploding rubber tyre explosion sounds.

Yeah you probably gotta wait a bit longer for explosion sounds. They'll in the making though :) First update might contain them, but the scripts will have highest priority right now since the filter technique by BIS changes the sounds so weird that I really have to get back to the scripted way as in 1.5.

Thanks though.

FIRST UPDATE-JSRS2-ALPHA-0.001b

Changelog:

- Added Missing Vehicle Sounds Container.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead
Update

oh yes, i know what you mean...this earthquake rubber sounds....the immersionkiller number one

@Mr Jarhead

many thanks to continue your great work!

Thank you, JSRS was must have in ArmA2 and had been waiting this for ArmA3. :bigsmile:

Good to know, I was hoping Arma 3 sounds would be good enough to not need a mod but I don't think they are so this is good news. I don't know why they haven't tried to hire you to do their audio for them really.

The echoes sound really nice, but I think the initial gunfire sound sounds a bit too low quality. There's this static kind of noise when the guns fire, which could use some cleaning up imo.

little feedback:

as nato marksman (mxm 6,5mm) there is a little peak in my left headphone channel in the echo after a single shot (x-fi, cmss2).

the west sniper rifle seems to use lower quality sound samples (mono?) than for example the mxm 6,5.

Thank you, I cant play arma2 without JSRS anymore. I'm sure the same will happen with arma3 :)

Speechless. I thought you don't want to make JSRS for A3, and now this.

Nice, really nice.

Will test this version as soon as I'm back home.