comp_uter15776

Drone Controls

Anyone knows if there is a way to make the flying drones camera gyro stabilized ?

Anyone knows if there is a way to make the flying drones camera gyro stabilized ?

Is not stabilized... yet (WIP).

Can I regain control of vehicle 1 (lets say it's flying somewhere) when I control vehicle 2 meanwhile and disconnected from vehicle 1 before? I didn't see a possibility...

Can I regain control of vehicle 1 (lets say it's flying somewhere) when I control vehicle 2 meanwhile and disconnected from vehicle 1 before? I didn't see a possibility...

Should be able to while in the UAV console by right clicking on it and select connect option, unless you are on MP and someone else has hijacked it for themselves while you were using the other.

Not fun being hijacked while sitting in a UGV at the time. :jail:

Yes, you can. If you start off connected to Vehicle 1, you can:

-Disconnect terminal from UAV

-Open UAV Terminal

-Right click vehicle Nr.2

-Select Connect terminal to UAV

-Take Control

Yes thanks, wasn't aware about the possibilities inside the terminal view.

The CAS Greyhawk can drop two LGBU, even though the model doesn't work pretty well atm because when you release a bomb, both bombs keep attached to the Greyhawk while it spawns a bomb mid-air....still, your ammo count goes towards zero.

needs some fixing there BI.

Thanks for the vid tutorial, maybe you should mention you have to hold and release right mouse button onto the waypoint, otherwise the menu doesnt show up. But now I know you can switch between drones which I wasnt aware off. thanks again.

I lasered an armored target with the darter (flew it to an observation point, then took turret controls and lasered), switched to an airborne Greyhawk CAS, set course and put it in engage&fire at will mode, then switched back to the Darter for observation and damage assesment.

Greyhawk flew by and you could see the LGBU gliding on the laser's path right into the tank. that one worked quite nicely, even though the Greyhawk got shot down right after (next time, I think I should use higher altitude, but I think the Greyhawk went into dive mode.....)

Anyways, I was thinking if you could use two drone operators controlling one Greyhawk CAS? I mean, like it's done in real life. Both connect to the drone, pilot flys it and the other one operates lasers and weapons. Anyone tried that yet? I have no idea how to set up a training mission.

I think this would be the best way to get the drones working, everything else is not solved properly. Having the possibility to use two operators for one drone would be awesome.

Sarge;2498075']The CAS Greyhawk can drop two LGBU' date=' even though the model doesn't work pretty well atm because when you release a bomb, both bombs keep attached to the Greyhawk while it spawns a bomb mid-air....still, your ammo count goes towards zero.[/quote']

Noticed this a while back. In addition, it also spawns in the centre - not even where one of the bomb rails is at.

Sorry for bumping this old thread but I have a question for which I could not find an answer anywhere.

How do you STOP the greyhawks from taking off once they have been connected to, used and landed?

I simply cannot find a way to do this. I just want to park them somewhere safely so that I can use them later. Instead, they just take off and keep moving above the base and waste fuel. It's pretty silly that I landed them for a reason (which is to wait for another CAS mission) and they just go ahead and take off without my control, defeating the very purpose of its landing.

I was playing Arma 3 and when I leave the drone flying(not the plane drone,the little one), It starts flying into random objects in the map, I dont even put a waypoint where he goes!He just goes flying to other place! I tried typing ¨X¨ so he could not move forward but he still flies away!Its so frustrating when I open the map and I see he is 8 km away from me. Anyone knows how to resolve it? :butbut:

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

I was playing Arma 3 and when I leave the drone flying(not the plane drone,the little one), It starts flying into random objects in the map, I dont even put a waypoint where he goes!He just goes flying to other place! I tried typing ¨X¨ so he could not move forward but he still flies away!Its so frustrating when I open the map and I see he is 8 km away from me. Anyone knows how to resolve it?

I was playing Arma 3 and when I leave the drone flying(not the plane drone,the little one), It starts flying into random objects in the map, I dont even put a waypoint where he goes!He just goes flying to other place! I tried typing ¨X¨ so he could not move forward but he still flies away!Its so frustrating when I open the map and I see he is 8 km away from me. Anyone knows how to resolve it? :butbut:

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

You need to set the behaviour of the UAV to Never Fire in the UAV terminal or un-tick the Autonomous box in the UAV terminal. That will stop it from flying away.

sry for the bad english, but my drone turrets is slow as hell=? Anyone got some tips for that? Its like you have mousesense around 0.1 Everything else work perfektly exept when i try to move the turret its very slow!

I am struggling a bit with drone attacks on a laser painted target. What is the correct 'combination of combat mode and waypoint type' to have any drone to never fire on any target except on laser painted ones?

With the greyhawk CAS version its easy enough, cause it can attack lasered targets only, hence i do not need to alter combat mode or waypoint type.

I recon that the combat modes for normal ai hold the same meaning to drones, right?

''Combat Mode

The group's combat mode can be defined in this drop down box. Combat Modes change as the waypoint becomes the group's current active waypoint, rather than when the group completes the waypoint. Note if the group is lead by a player, these changes will not automatically take place.

• No Change - The group will continue under it's existing combat mode.
  • Never Fire - The leader will order the group to hold fire and disengage (CombatMode "Blue"). The group will never fire under any circumstances.
  • Hold Fire - The leader will order the group to hold fire and disengage (CombatMode "Green"). Individual units will open fire on any enemy units that are both aware of their individual presence and can harm them.
  • Hold Fire, Engage At Will - The leader will order the group to hold fire and engage enemy units at will (CombatMode "White"). Individual units will move into a position from which they could shoot at the enemy, but will only open fire on an enemy unit that becomes aware of their presence and can harm them.
  • Open Fire - This is the default Combat Mode. Units will fire upon any suitable target in range, while staying in formation (CombatMode "Yellow"). The group leader may order individual units to engage targets.
  • Open Fire, Engage At Will - The leader will order his units to fire upon any suitable target in range, and move to engage at will (CombatMode "Red"). Units may move out of formation in order to find suitable firing positions on known targets.

''

How do i need to set up the waypoint for the greyhawk to only attack enemys when i laser paint them?