Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

An Invitation

So I have come to realize that more guys are buying TOH and there is now some serious action on the TOH servers. This fact has produced much fun and so why not try to have a wider experience?

What I mean is that we could arrange a time and date and go online to play a coop mission. My suggestion is Co12_Shapur_Revisited_100. I know that there is some kind of issue as to the re-spawning of this mission but we can sort things out. We can gather up and organize a serious mission.

The reason for choosing this mission is because the players that haven't got much skill when it comes to helicopters can be gunners or participate in the ground assault. We need all the help we can get. This mission takes about an hour and a half so it is not too long and we could even record it to upload it and attract even more fellows to our community. It would be something special and maybe unique.

Now as for the time and date we can sort things out by visiting this site.......................... http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx .........................................

We can have up to 12 players which is very good in my opinion. And no we don't have to be elite. Mistakes tend to happen sometimes...

So if anybody is interested in such a thing I would really appreciate it if they posted it here.

Let's have some fun!:cool:

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

I will be up for this, I am UK based so maybe a Sat or a Sunday would be best (maybe have it mid afternoon UK time to balance over all the ranges?)

Gotta reinstall TOH and Hinds, Maybe you could run convoy attack as well as that has lights and mediums and hinds in the hind version. I could customize the mission with more vehicles/players/choppers as well for the event if you want.

That would be a great idea indeed. More enemy vehicles would really be helpful if enough players are gathered. We could organize an air-assault which will be followed by an extraction so as to take down the remaining hostiles. Maybe we could organize an attack on the building where the convoy starts. That is if there is a possibility to place some hostiles in and around the building.

Till now we are three. You, a friend of mine and myself. Personally I have enough skills to fly every helicopter in TOH quite good, whereas my friend is a new player and hasn't got such skill. But I believe that more TOH players will soon come up. Have you got to know any players that would be interested?

And as for the time no problem whatsoever. Now sadly I haven't got Hinds since I am not so fond of so sophisticated weapon systems so I can not start a Hinds server. I really don't know if I can even join one. I hope this won't be a big problem. I don't know. Maybe I should buy it. If it was in a CD version I would already have it.

That would be a great idea indeed. More enemy vehicles would really be helpful if enough players are gathered. We could organize an air-assault which will be followed by an extraction so as to take down the remaining hostiles. Maybe we could organize an attack on the building where the convoy starts. That is if there is a possibility to place some hostiles in and around the building.

Till now we are three. You, a friend of mine and myself. Personally I have enough skills to fly every helicopter in TOH quite good, whereas my friend is a new player and hasn't got such skill. But I believe that more TOH players will soon come up. Have you got to know any players that would be interested?

And as for the time no problem whatsoever. Now sadly I haven't got Hinds since I am not so fond of so sophisticated weapon systems so I can not start a Hinds server. I really don't know if I can even join one. I hope this won't be a big problem. I don't know. Maybe I should buy it. If it was in a CD version I would already have it.

Technically you don't need Hinds, you can just spawn them via scripts (which is what I do in the Hinds version of convoy attack), you just wont be able to see them, although they will be able to see you, so they have to be extra careful! Its up to you if you want them though because I will fly anything. Also, we using stock TOH stuff or TOH:R stuff?

I can add some infantry slots in too if you want as well for an ground ambush too. I can add some hostiles at the convoy start as an extra objective to attack too although the convoy has usually moved out by the time you get there, you could attack the convoy, and then drop the inf off to make their own attack on foot from nearby.

Might be able to get some clanmates to play, depends if they have it installed. You can use our clans teamspeak if you want as well for the event. (or even come talk to me on it about missions and what not). The address is ts3.evoclan.net

Technically you don't need Hinds, you can just spawn them via scripts (which is what I do in the Hinds version of convoy attack), you just wont be able to see them, although they will be able to see you, so they have to be extra careful! Its up to you if you want them though because I will fly anything. Also, we using stock TOH stuff or TOH:R stuff?

Well then maybe we could just stick to the non Hinds version, if that is possible. It will be a bit hard for ghost like players moving around. It would be terrible for such accidents to happen. Someone exploding by some unseen force.:)

And if I understand correctly TOH:R stuff is if we are using mods or anything? Personally I haven't got any and neither has my friend here but I don't know. You shall know best for these things...

I can add some infantry slots in too if you want as well for an ground ambush too. I can add some hostiles at the convoy start as an extra objective to attack too although the convoy has usually moved out by the time you get there, you could attack the convoy, and then drop the inf off to make their own attack on foot fro

That is a great idea indeed. By enhancing the infantry by means of equipping them with heavy weapons a lot could be achieved. I am really looking forward for such a breakthrough.

Might be able to get some clanmates to play, depends if they have it installed. You can use our clans teamspeak if you want as well for the event. (or even come talk to me on it about missions and what not). The address is ts3.evoclan.net

Another breakthrough indeed. Hope that enough players will turn out. Although these clan things is not something that I am quite used to so I would prefer posts and maybe private messages through the TOH forums. Thanks for the tip though.

The TOH:R stuff is the arma 2 CO stuff mixed in with TOH. Since I think you don't have A2CO, I will just use stock TOH, without hinds. Bear in mind we will be a lot more limited on equipment for the ground forces though.

I was a bit off there. And yes unfortunately I haven't got A2CO. It crossed my mind to buy it, but buy it just for some of it's content? I am not at all interested in playing this game since after downloading the Arma 2 OA demo I didn't find it worthwhile. And also without the flight models piloting is not an option. I tried but I was way disappointed.

And as for the equipment I think that we can use Ak-47s, M14s, pistols, grenades, smoke bombs, some rocket propelled grenades and more. I know that they ain't as much as in Arma but whatever. I tried to transfer the weapons from Arma 2OA demo to TOH with the Rearmed patch but nothing occurred. Is there a way to combine the two games without having to buy the Arma one? So that I can have the weapons at least?

Looking forward to play the updated Convoy Attack version.

Don't think it works with the demo unfortunately, so I will stick to stock TOH stuff just like the original convoy attack (so you will probably get the same weps as in shapur revisited)

Just perfect.

Really looking forward for the release of this mission. And I hope that enough players will be gathered. It should be pretty cool. You know helicopters taking heavy fire and autorotating to the ground and emergency evacs being necessary. Really astonishing.

---------------------------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there was a breakthrough. I have managed through some add-ons to have access to specific weapons.

-M4A1 RCO M203

-M16A4 Aimpoint

-M249 SAW

-DMR marksman rifle

-M136 AT launcher

I shall explain the add-ons later in another thread so for other players to participate.

So if you want to include these weapons in the mission it will be ok.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast
A breakthrough