celery

[SP] The Day of the Camel - A Hitman style assassination mission

Zmvnpeg.jpg

The Day of the Camel

Author: Celery

Map: Zargabad

Players: 1

Description:

A warlord has set up base in a small town and the community of that town has hired you to take him out. Obtain the means to kill your target, neutralize him and leave the town. The guards in the town don't know that you're an assassin, but they'll catch wind if you behave aggressively or otherwise out of place. You can finish the mission by slaughtering everyone or without being detected at all, or something between those two extremes.

Features:

- A custom-made stealth system that resembles that of the Hitman game series

- Holster script for hiding your pistol

- Fully and professionally voiced dialogue

Requirements:

- Arma 2

- Operation Arrowhead

Known issues:

The walking loop may freeze for some unknown reason. Try restarting the mission with or without the beta patch.

Installation:

Put the pbo file into your ArmA 2\Missions folder and find the mission in your single player scenarios menu.

>>>Download the mission<<<

Changelog:

v1.1

• Hopefully fixed the fleeing bug

Edited by Celery
  • Thanks 2

Ooh! A Celery mission! Not generally a fan of solo missions but this is downloading now :)

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to report:

"cannot play\edit"

characters_pmc, camp_armory_laptop

Seems to need these. I have PMC and BAF. Tried PMC in the start up, no luck.

Sorry to report:

"cannot play\edit"

characters_pmc, camp_armory_laptop

Seems to need these. I have PMC and BAF. Tried PMC in the start up, no luck.

Does anyone else get this? I made the mission with a non-addon version of CO + DLCs, and the lite version of PMC should include the required objects.

Hi,

no problems i had to play this mission. And it's a nice mission. I like the small details and the voice interacting with any caracters.

I want to get a identity card from one of the weapon dealers but don't find out how i can get one.(?)

The mission needs definitely a option to drag dead bodys! (is it possible?!)

regards

-Psycho-;2466303']I want to get a identity card from one of the weapon dealers but don't find out how i can get one.(?)

When you stand close to the dealer's body' date=' you'll get his name as indicated by an info text.

-Psycho-;2466303']The mission needs definitely a option to drag dead bodys! (is it possible?!)

I designed the guard locations and paths so that such a feature isn't needed to complete a stealth playthrough.

Does anyone else get this?

This looks like it's going to be my problem.

Just re-installed CO from DVD and did not patch all the way up to 1.62.

Doing so now. Should fix the problem.

Sorry about that:eek:

It is great! :)

I'm trying it now. Hmm. Is the arm dealer knows me? After several tests noted, that he will not disembark the car, when I see the place, where car stops (or rather when he sees me when arriving) instead car is turning back and rides away (and is back after some time and so on). Also, when arm dealer is on foot and going to make prayers, as soon as he perceives me, even from a distance, he is turning back and running away on foot, from where car arrived, still his bodyguard is walking to te prayer place vicinity as nothing happened...

How do I holster the weapon so the guards don't see it?

Once I buy the weapon from the merchant, I must exit the shop. Weapon drawn will attract too much attention.

EDIT:

FOUND IT!

Mouse scroll

Edited by Kommiekat

I'm trying it now. Hmm. Is the arm dealer knows me? After several tests noted, that he will not disembark the car, when I see the place, where car stops (or rather when he sees me when arriving) instead car is turning back and rides away (and is back after some time and so on). Also, when arm dealer is on foot and going to make prayers, as soon as he perceives me, even from a distance, he is turning back and running away on foot, from where car arrived, still his bodyguard is walking to te prayer place vicinity as nothing happened...

Whoo-hoo, a Celery mission, most awesomeness!!! Haven't been around ARMA for sometime, so this is a great way for me to get back into it, and the attention to detail is as always meticulous!

I'll echo Rydygier above though; as soon as arms dealer sees me on foot, he simply turns around and goes running off into the distance. Weapon holstered, his bodyguards don't care at all. Tried it 3 times now, and same every time. Close or 50m away no difference. maybe I smell like the quiet camel I'm carrying???:yay:

It's the same for me. If the dealer see me before he is praying he run away. But i was thinking this is right. I follow him trough the desert for round about 500m and kill him with two shoots. :-)

Used mods: ShacTac movment and HUD, JSRS and CBA.

Are you using mods of any kind?

I'm using the ACE collection plus ShackTac HUD. Will try it without if I get a chance and let you know the result.

I'm getting the same problem of the dealer running away. I also had the warlord run away from me into the distance too. I've reproed this on 1.62 with and without the beta patch and without mods.

"I need a camel that can travel long distances !" ( Sniper Rifle ).. I laughed so hard! :D

But anyway very nice mission :)

Edited by MBlackwell

Also, when arm dealer is on foot and going to make prayers, as soon as he perceives me, even from a distance, he is turning back and running away on foot, from where car arrived, still his bodyguard is walking to te prayer place vicinity as nothing happened...

Same happened to me with the Arms dealer and the Warlord ..

Edited by MBlackwell

Are you people positive that you're not using mods of any kind when encountering that bug? What version of the game did you play?

Positive, no any mods. Version: 1.62.95248 (last non-beta I believe).

Rarely using betas (unreliable/unstable/can be changed any moment - bad for testing, often not fully compatibile with earlier mods... Shortly - too messy for my needs), but tried just for this case. Noted difference. Previously dealer goes after his bodyguard to the prayer place just after arrival (and run away when see the player), with beta one bodyguard takes position near to the car, second - near to the marketplace, dealer stays just at the car and all of them do nothing at least by few minutes (then I ended the mission).

Hey lads,

can anybody tell me where to get this camel anyway? Each dealer tells me that he does not have a camel.

The camel trader hints at checking the alleyways for such a dealer... The one you are after is actually in a shop...

Mission updated to version 1.1

Changelog:

v1.1

• Hopefully fixed the fleeing bug

Thanks to W0lle for testing!

awesome mission! there is really NOTHING to criticize, and usually I always find something lol. Give us more of this style!