Sign in to follow this  
marsuk

Easy way of making roads in wrpedit

is there an easy way of making roads in wrpedit or is it a case of painstakingly placing each peace down one at a time

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (marsuk @ Aug. 29 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is there an easy way of making roads in wrpedit or is it a case of painstakingly placing each peace down one at a time<span id='postcolor'>

One at a time, an agonising time.

You can use the ofp internal forum. Just in case.

ofpinternals

No easy way for the moment.  biggrin.gif

Maybe on next wrpedit release. (copy/paste)

Bye

Dont zoom in too much either or they will disapear. If only it had copy and paste, I think everything would go atleast 5 times faster.

they dont disapear, they move to the upper left corner of the map.....zoom right in and u will find them

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ Aug. 31 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont zoom in too much either or they will disapear. If only it had copy and paste, I think everything would go atleast 5 times faster.<span id='postcolor'>

Copy and paste would be nice, but IMO a routine that calculates the coordinates for the next piece of road based on the piece you just placed and the one you want to place next would be much more practical.

or just cliking point to point to point and it adds the courners automatically,

Make a spreadsheet using the Distance Formula and then use your starting coordinate and azimuth and convert from polar to rectangular coordinates for your next starting point.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

gren

I have a tool for calculating the coordinates. It's somethink like calculator with new function. Look at this picture:

rm1.JPG

Calculating

rm2.JPG

"Zamień" Button is for reserve all "." to "," beacuse in the dos version of roadmaker we can write only "." (like 24.99 , not 24,99).

Idea by TYsiEK and code (program) by BlackMore (my brother).

So, this is the better way for making roads in the WrpEdit 0.93.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Aug. 31 2002,10:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a tool for calculating the coordinates. It's somethink like calculator with new function. Look at this picture:<span id='postcolor'>

Does it work with all types of road?

You plan to make it available to the public?

It's just for calculating. Of course if you have a length of one sector (like 24,99 lenght of asfaltka25.p3d).

Relase ? When i write a readme in the english version beacuse current is in the polish lang.

I have to enter the length manually? mhh...

Does it work with bend roed pieces too?

You not understand me. This is calculator. You can piece roads with super precision !. Look at pictures. mad.gif

I understand you perfectly, we're not talkin rocket science here

You can CALCULATE the coordinates which you have to type in manually in WRPEdit after the CALCULATING process. Did I say otherwise?

But since you refuse to understand me I explain want I mean in higher detail:

Is the CALCULATOR capable of CALCULATING the coordinates for bend road pieces as well?

Do I have to enter the length of every road piece before CALCULATING or does the CALCULATOR has a build in database where the measurements of every road piece are stored?

A screenshot of the input window would be extremely helpful to get a Idea of what your CALCULATOR is capable of doing.

I see in your picture that you have a little problem. Your numbers look as if they have a comma instead of a decimal point. That can cause massive errors in your island if you save it that way. About the same as if you added a second decimal to one number. I accidently added the evil second decimal once and hosed the entire island, couldnt ever open it back up again sad.gif .

No. The Button "Zamien" in the RoadMaker (in windows mode) is in english some like a reverse. You can reverse all points to commas. It's working that.

First: 10  (In picture it's 3921.43)  {We have          }

Second: 2  (In picture it's 24.99)   {10 - 2 = 8 etc. }

Thirth: 10 number of results (In picture it's 50)

Fourth: press 1/2    1 is - 2 is + selected is -

Generated numbers is looking like this:

8 , 6 , 4 , 2 , 0 , -2 , -4 , -6 , -8 , -10

Generating - 10 - 2 = 8 - 2 = 6 - 2 = 4 - 2 = 0 - 2 = -2 - 2 = -4 - 2 = -6 - 2 = -8 - 2 = -10

It's just special calculator. You can generate masses numbers of results. If you need make bend roads you must calculate it, i think about lenght of segment, lenght for X and Z.

if you have all the lengths for the different types of roads i would be very appriciative.....that way i can work on my excel formula to get the co-ordinates