Tom_48_97

Localized versions

Hi guys!

I'd be very happy to help you with italian translation. If you want to proceed, I'm totally available. Let me know!

See you soon!

Hi guys, I am going to be taking over this thread and will be coordinating the localizations from now on.

Basically the target remains the same, with some added languages.

At this point, we would like to translate the game into Czech, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Russian. Other languages can be added later on if the demand is there.

We will be using the Crowdin localization service (www.crowdin.net) as our platform. It is very easy to understand and simple to use.

It would be ideal if we could get at least 3 people per language so that they can check each others work. I have set up a project over on Crowdin for this and will have to invite you in, so please, if you are interested, send a me a PM with your e-mail address and I will in turn fill you in on the details.

Thanks for your help :)

Will be back for the German translation.

Wrote you a PM and already contacted the German team.

I always have an eye or two on the forum. ;)

Edited by Hyphon

What happens to the job that's already been done? Me and my team translated and checked every task we had on Russian side, and much faster than most of the other teams, too. While, of course, not everything, since the recent additions of the new research system and manned episode, these are still huge volumes of work. Will the original team be credited? Speaking for myself, sadly, I can't continue working on it. There was a lot of free time a year ago, but now, almost all my day is occupied with work and study. Even if I did translation work after all that, it would have been sloppy. I would recommend EpMAK for my position, if he agrees to continue. He's been a life saver more than a few times during the project. I wish you guys the very best with the translations, and I will be following the development of tkom as rigorously as before. Still waiting on that rover programming ;)

Edited by Trase

The translations that were already done will of course be used, unless someone suggests a better version :) I have them already uploaded to the Crowdin system. Like you said, there were some additions to the game so as of now, the old Russian teams translations make up roughly 50% of the current text volume. We appreciate all the work you guys done on it and of course all contributors, old and new, will be properly credited.

Trase, what's the forum account of EpMAK? I ask because there are EpMAK777 and EpMAK.

EpMAK777. I told him about the situation and he will write in this thread if he's interested.

I'm surprise that I'm the only one who's available for the french translation.

Have you contact other forum users about it tom?

May I create a topic on the arma3.fr forum about it?

@Trase: Thank you :cool:

@Papanowel: For now, you're the only one who replied but I must admit that the others were not pretty much active after a week or two (excluding you and Shooter).

For the rest, I haven't had the time to do so. Of course you can communicate about the project, it would be most welcome :D

Hello guys! I hope that u add me to Russian translation team. I know English well, and of course I know Russian:)

The translations that were already done will of course be used, unless someone suggests a better version :) I have them already uploaded to the Crowdin system. Like you said, there were some additions to the game so as of now, the old Russian teams translations make up roughly 50% of the current text volume. We appreciate all the work you guys done on it and of course all contributors, old and new, will be properly credited.

The original Russian team from Tom's project were gone beserk with the translations.

The German team and I were working hard for 2 weeks on the translation to get on the same levels.

@trauin: Please PM Jelly and send him your email address and that you want to be in the Russian team.

I would add you, but I don't know, if I have enough rights to add someone to a language I'm not working on.

Hi guys, I'm from Spain and I will be glad if I can contribute with the Spanish translation, I have an account in Crowdin with the same nick. Do I need anything else to help?

Hello,

You should send a PM to Jelly with the email address you've used to register on Crowdin :)

Thanks for support!

Yep, I got the PM and sent the invitation. The Spanish version is coming along nicely :)

I'm wondering, if no one wants to join the German team. I have invited some friends of mine, but they are quite busy at the moment.

Also the old team has vanished. I could really need some help, because I can't do the translation alone for several reasons.

There is a lot of work already done, so we just need to translate the new strings and doing the whole proofread process.

The first message has been updated and, we're still looking for more translators to reinforce the dark side!

Hello there :)

I would like to help for the french translation.

Let me know if the french team need help

Hi Maxime,

Thanks for your interest! I have sent you a PM with more info :)

hey, i may find some time between my work for master thesis for german translation (proofreading and translation itself)

grz Cthulhu

Hello, I invite you to send a PM to Jelly, including your email address, he will give you all relevant information;)

Thank you :)