Sign in to follow this  
unclepogy

Gamespy:

Hello to all. I'm learning about the game OFP, and how to command it... Now I am ready to try the Multiplayer modes. Is GameSpy Arcade Free or will it cost me to join/log-on? If it isn't free, are there other sites that I could try logging on to play? Thanks Uncle

Thanks to theavonlady, and moerty for your help. I'll give it a try. Uncle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ Aug. 29 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">go here http://www.udpsoft.com/eye

this is free, it dosen't work with resistance though<span id='postcolor'>

Got this in my inbox. Care to test and comment, anyone?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 1:36 PM

Subject: About The FAQ - Getting ASE to work with RESISTENCE

Regarding ASE http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/resistance/mp/aseandres.htm

It does work. Here are two different methods of making ASE work with RESISTENCE.

Regards Lt_Dan_Sweden

ONE

see http://www.stone-keep.com/ase.html

TWO

Here's another Solution to Add OFP-Resistance into ASE

Copy Resistance Icon from Org. CD\DATA\flashpoint_resistance.ico into ../OFP/Res/ Folder

open ../ASE/filters.txt and add following code. Change bold text:

Operation Flashpoint Resistance

ServerType: OFPR

RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\MAIN

ExeName: FlashpointResistance.exe

JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} -connect={ip} -port={port}[ "-password={PASSWORD}"][ "-name={NAME}"]

HostTemplate: {EXEPATH} -host[ "-name={NAME}"]

Port: 2302

Mutex: SV

Icon: e:/spiele/operationflashpoint/res/flashpoint_resistance.ico

1 if servertype == "OFPR" keep

2 if servertype != "OLD" remove

3 if gamename != "opflashr" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\game in progress

Mutex: OFPRGAME

1 if timeleft <= "0" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\waiting for players

1 if timeleft != "0" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\unknown

Flags: OTHER

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\version

Group: NUL

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\version\1.78

Mutex: OFPRVER

Group: OFPRVER

1 if version == "178" keep

2 if gamever != "1.78" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\version\1.75

Mutex: OFPRVER

Group: OFPRVER

1 if version == "175" keep

2 if gamever != "1.75" remove

That's it..

Gamespy is, technically, free. However, they still make loads of cash off you by subjecting you to relentless pop up ads, and Im sure that not just a little bit of the spam in my inbox is a byproduct of Gamespy selling my email addy. Such is Ecommerce.

Also, now's a good time to remember to read the installation prompts carefully, as Arcade prompts if you want to install some 3rd party apps which are spyware.

As always, just say no. If in doubt, always use the latest version of Ad Aware to scan and remove any spyware that might reside on your PC.

I play BattleField1942 aswell, and like that US Army game they are now adding support for ASE, is that also going to happen to Flashpoint ?

lookie to see what they said here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aragon[iPGN] @ Aug. 30 2002,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I play BattleField1942 aswell, and like that US Army game they are now adding support for ASE, is that also going to happen to Flashpoint ?<span id='postcolor'>

Did you try either of the solutions I listed above?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Aug. 30 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As always, just say no. If in doubt, always use the latest version of Ad Aware to scan and remove any spyware that might reside on your PC.<span id='postcolor'>

LoL, I didn't update my Adaware since like March, and when I did update it and scaned my compy, there were over 55 spyware crap found.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Aug. 30 2002,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LoL, I didn't update my Adaware since like March, and when I did update it and scaned my compy, there were over 55 spyware crap found.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Time to look for trojans. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Aug. 30 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aragon[iPGN] @ Aug. 30 2002,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I play BattleField1942 aswell, and like that US Army game they are now adding support for ASE, is that also going to happen to Flashpoint ?<span id='postcolor'>

Did you try either of the solutions I listed above?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not going to edit some files to play the game. I shouldn't have to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 30 2002,09:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God/Allah/Vishnu bless Lavasoft.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah... When I delete the spycrap, Kazaa won't work anymore and I don't know wich files it are that causes that problem. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 30 2002,09:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God/Allah/Vishnu bless Lavasoft.<span id='postcolor'>

hey you forgot budhha! biggrin.gif

thanx for info Avon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 03 2002,08:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thanx for info Avon smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can anyone confirm which method they used to use ASE and OFPR and whether it worked correctly/completely/with adjustments? TIA.

I tried it, and it does work to a limited degree. I can find some servers, but not a whole lot, and definitely not as many as the ingame browser

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 03 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tried it, and it does work to a limited degree. I can find some servers, but not a whole lot, and definitely not as many as the ingame browser<span id='postcolor'>

Did you try method 1 or 2?