Sign in to follow this  
NordKindchen

Question towards development branch

Is it possible to have both the Dev version and the vanilla version of the Beta accessable at the same time?

BEcause its hard to confirm wether a big is only present in DEV branch if I cant acces the vanilla game...

Thanks n greetz!

Copy your ArmA 3 Stable folder.

Change to dev. Copy the folder again.

Now simply past the version in you want to play (don't forget to switch in steam aswell).

Little bit annoying, but so far the only way to switch between Stable and Dev without downloading everytime (as far as I know)

I found that even if you make a copy of the folder in it's stable state, when you run the game from there, it still loads the addons folder from the steam root.

So, when running the stable copy, I have to have it load a @stable addon which contains all the addons from the stable.

I'm running TADST BTW, not sure if this is related.

i bet thats a sizeable file :P

Copy your ArmA 3 Stable folder.

Change to dev. Copy the folder again.

Now simply past the version in you want to play (don't forget to switch in steam aswell).

Little bit annoying, but so far the only way to switch between Stable and Dev without downloading everytime (as far as I know)

Wouldn't it be easier to have your stable directory and Dev Branch directory and create a symbolic link to which one you want to use? This way don't have to copy and paste multi gb of data.

synctoys 2 does all the heavy lifting for me. no copy paste here