Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Impassable Objects

Hi - so okay, I want to make an object, like the invisible helipad or a custom user texture, something that nobody can move through. Is there a way to prevent a player from moving to or through a certain space? Thanks to anyone who knows if there is a fairly easy way to do this!

If you can't walk through user textures (i have no idea if you can or not), surely you could just create a transparency and load that up?

In A2/OA there were a few invisible wall objects that only stopped the player. If they exist in A3 they probably have a new name, you will have to check the config viewer and see if anything is listed.

You can walk through user textures, but I'll check the config viewer out - good idea, and thank you both!

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Can't see anything obvious in the config viewer!

What about using hideObject on a Concrete Wall? or something similar.

The hideobject enables you to move through the object doesn't it? I'll try...

The hideobject enables you to move through the object doesn't it? I'll try...

uhm not sure. But i think you're right.

I'm building an armoury and it's looking great so far! Trouble is, I don't want people 'V-stepping' through the concrete wall I've made! The HESCOs would be out of place :(, but thank you for the suggestion!

What's wrong with v-stepping over a concrete wall? Sure all father's say "My daughter will never date till she's 60 years old!" but sure enough she's pregnant at 16. Let your little girl go and stop stressing about people walking over a wall. :)

They wouldn't be v-stepping OVER a concrete wall but THROUGH it! For some reason you can! And I want to keep multiplayer noobs from raiding the armoury :p

On the wall is used (and in most public templates is it also) either by HESCO or large freight containers. However, if you do not want to use any of it, see these templates. :)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI
Typo, Corrected link to the templates

Hi Luki, thanks for your post. But aren't these templates for Arma2? My problem concerns Arma3. Let me know if I've missed something, mate!

Hi Luki, thanks for your post. But aren't these templates for Arma2?

Yes, they are :o, however, could be adjusted as necessary (after the author's permission) ...

I could not find anything better (yet) :(, so far only these templates for ArmA3.

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI
typo

Thanks Luki, I'll take a look and see if there's anything there! Give us a shout if you make any discoveries! At present, I'm using a kill script which, while effective, seems a bit harsh, lol!

You could use a repeated anyone present trigger and use this set to say, 600 x 600:

hint "Units are nearing enemy territory. Please leave immediately."

Then, another repeated anyone present trigger but 500 x 500:

thislist select 0 setdamage 1

You could use a repeated anyone present trigger and use this set to say, 600 x 600:

hint "Units are nearing enemy territory. Please leave immediately."

Then, another repeated anyone present trigger but 500 x 500:

thislist select 0 setdamage 1

The first trigger would have to have a condition

this && player in thislist

also the next trigger can just be player setDamage 1. thisList select 0 might me someone else if 2 players happen to walk inside the trigger at the same time.

These are good suggestions - trouble is, it's to keep people from V-stepping into an armoury that I've made. For now, the kill script will just have to suffice. But I'd rather just block them from entering. It's weird that people can v-step through a thick concrete wall anyhow!