Sign in to follow this  
Lenyoga

Is OFPEC.com Down?

These are really sad news. It is not the first time it happens, so I just hope you guys can get back on your feet! ;)

"The site is currently undergoing maintenance. An announcement will be made when work is complete." - OFPEC.com is working on restoring an older backup right now - as always, they survive! I almost thought that's it...

"The site is currently undergoing maintenance. An announcement will be made when work is complete." - OFPEC.com is working on restoring an older backup right now - as always, they survive! I almost thought that's it...

They should rename their site into phoenix.com

They should rename their site into phoenix.com

Yes. Anything less wouldn't be fitting anymore.

The site is currently undergoing maintenance.

Is this by any chance the longest website maintenance in the Internet history?

p.s.

But I really hope you will be back one day.

Is this by any chance the longest website maintenance in the Internet history?

p.s.

But I really hope you will be back one day.

No, the last time OFPEC was lost it was a long time rebuilding and many things were lost forever. I hope the same thing dosen't happen this time.

No, the last time OFPEC was lost it was a long time rebuilding and many things were lost forever. I hope the same thing dosen't happen this time.

I think that this will be the case this time again. If I understood it right, the genius web host they had didn't even make backups.

Still no luck on OFPEC. I've used that site for years, tossed donations in when I could.

I hope they aren't gone for good.

Hello good folks of our blessed Armaverse! OFPEC is alive!

savedbygrace

You're our hero. OFPEC was too valuable of a resource to loose forever.

I hope you guys can restore the missing files. If you need help with files I have archived much of what was on the site.

Oh no no. I am merely a messenger my friend. There were others working behind the scenes who faced off against the madness. Much of what we are missing are resources that were uploaded within the past 2 years(approximately). The best way to help us is when you come across one of those missing resources while visiting OFPEC and you happen to have it, please contact us and allow us an opportunity to grab it for upload.

Hello good folks of our blessed Armaverse! OFPEC is alive!

*breathing heavily* I ... I must ... remember password ...

Hey ho folks,

For those veterans out there, you without a doubt know the history of OFPEC. Amidst the site crashes, staff changes and database deletions, we have hung in there and striven to maintain a site of learning for any seeking knowledge about the RV engine. We have hosted plenty of resources that have been lost and recovered more times than we can count. We are a site staffed by community members and function purely off the donations by those same members, whether it's a monetary contribution or a staff commitment.

We've lost staff numbers through the years as members move onto real life and fewer numbers commit to help but the most recent event has left OFPEC without a web developer to manage the code and security issues that arise. We can function with a skeleton crew in the public areas but without a web developer, OFPEC will certainly have to close it's doors. We are in desperate need of someone to fill this staff position. Of course, there is no pay other than the privilege of serving the community but the position only requires a little time each week to repair bugs and update important security software.

If you are a web developer and would be willing to commit to helping us out with the site code from time to time, we would surely appreciate your contribution, as would others of this steadfast community, I'm sure. Please contact hoz, h- or myself at OFPEC.com to inquire about the position and help save OFPEC.

Thanks for reading!

"OFPEC will go off-line this saturday (May 31th) and if all goes well resurrect some time after that.

No idea about the exact time ofr day it will happen though, most likely afternoon CET."

-- if anyone venturing there on Saturday finds a black hole, yearning for the times of past.

OFPEC.COM not working, just showing the error string "Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list' "

So what will this mean for registering new keys? I've had one pending for a while now, and admins haven't sent me a verification email

OFPEC.COM not working, just showing the error string "Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list' "

Didn't care to read the last post before replying? :p

We're in the middle of moving the site to a new host (well, it is already on the new host but work still continues) so OFPEC is gonna be off-line for a while, and error messages like that are likely to pop-up.

Or the whole site may pop-up suddenly and be gone again..

So what will this mean for registering new keys? I've had one pending for a while now, and admins haven't sent me a verification email

:(

I'll get this thing sorted as soon as we get the site back up and running. If nothing happens after we're up again just contact me.

Didn't care to read the last post before replying? :p

We're in the middle of moving the site to a new host (well, it is already on the new host but work still continues) so OFPEC is gonna be off-line for a while, and error messages like that are likely to pop-up.

Or the whole site may pop-up suddenly and be gone again..

Thank you poked my face to the previous message, but there is written about Saturday.

Sorry to distract from the fascinating classes on moving your site, but I just wanted to know when to expect the return of the possibility of obtaining a personal tag.

What's your problem?

Just explained why such a error message was there, but I guess I should just have been a cunt about it then..

Thank you for the quick reply h -, and thank you for ofpec. I'm sure its very hard work to maintain a site like that one. Thanks to the whole site team :)