WORK IN PROGRESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6LDXK1URr8

I've decided to openly release a very basic version of iBuild for testing. The main reason for this is to test the underlying foundations and iron out any kinks before I start piling new features and content on top.

It's very basic and rough, but it has enough content to give you an idea of where it's heading. The mod has evolved from the first conceptual prototype I put together, and I've lost count the amount of times I've started over, so I hope you guys enjoy what I've settled with.

I'm still in the process of writing most of the documentation, which I suck at doing, but you can find what has been written so far organised into a drop-down menu under 'iBuild'.

More info can be found in the description on Steam.

>| Download Pre-Alpha |<

About time!

;)

Edited by NerdMod
Pre-Alpha Release

What the fuck is that ?

IT LOOK AWESOME !

The global design (wooden cabin) perfectly match the general Stratis environnement in my opinion.

The idea is really great, since each cabin will be unique, you will never know the building before entering it.

But you have to make sure people and AI can move smoothly across the building.

And if you add more materials (concrete, brick,...) it would probably be one of the best mod in my opinion.

Great work !

Make sure you have Ai path in model ;)

Hope to see you around for completion ,there has been many like this befoe but most have gon on to work for Bis or other 3rd party contributors . I think of MXXpxx ,Silola,Mondkab ,Giaia etc etc , all great people but too busy to support there od mods ,cant grumbe though would be selfish.

Great project i wish you best of luck .

Super work!

Looking forward to see development. Just shout if you need beta tester ;)

Keep up the good work

/sEi

This is AWESOME! I will be keeping an eye out on the progress!!

This is going to revolutionize the way we play missions such as using the MSO framework but other stuff such as Wasteland, Life RP's, etc.

Amazing work mate!

WTF! =)

this is going to be a revolution - i just began about dreaming, what this could do for my CTI-Mission o.O

VERY NICE - keep it up!!!

thx& best regards!

What can i say?

If this can be evolved with ability to save constructions for MP/SP use or/and the collection of objects grows up..

this might be 1 of the greatest mods for A3 ;)

I wish you good luck..and i ll stay tuned

Wow.

Astonishing work. Please keep up this progress, this could turn ArmA3 Survival Mods (Like ArmA3 DayZ or even Wasteland) into a totally different gaming experience.

You, sir, have won the internet. Again. I love you, forever.

Good mother of all those sweet and pure :eek:

The implications are seriously boundless, A3 just got more Sandbox-y

Very, very impressive man, this looks so good.

Can't wait to see this completed and in game, this could very well help revolutionize Arma 3 and it's possibilities.

Very important mod for what it could mean for this game, kudos.

Yeah wow! Cool, would be interesting if you needed to collect resources to build, and those resources disappeared from the map.

Nice to see arma3 getting the sh$t modded out her and she not even released yet, great stuff :)

This is just a small portion of a much bigger project/Mod I have planned for the future. I love the idea of modular systems so I decided I would create each feature as a separate mod so that they could be easily updated and managed. My main focus is freedom but with sensibility limits so things don't get out of hand when in the hands of the masses and some of their freakishly undesirable ways. I also want to allow for the community to use them as standalone addons for their own personal projects.

Below I have replied to the people who's comments were of question but also apply to all who wish to know more. If your name isn't below, don't worry. I read all the amazing comments and just want to say that I am astounded by the support you guys have shown. THANKYOU!

All this feedback and support helps further motivate me in development. I aim to keep you updated as much as possible when I have the time. Please don't feel like I've abandoned the project if you don't hear anything for a while. Some of you may know just how tiring developing mods can be. We have to take breaks here and there so not to melt our brains! :D

Hey Kable_,

Cabins over Shacks were always an end goal. I may even out source model development to a kind follower who wishes to volunteer (if I ever ask).

I will package some side scripts in the form of editor modules that would allow for randomly generated cabins to keep game-play fresh and unpredictable. I already have a sketchy script written that constructs said random cabins. I use it to speed up testing and quality checks. It would just need polishing and expanding before release.

AI paths aren't implemented as of yet, but don't worry... I designed everything with AI in-mind so navigation should be simple for them. Granted however that the AI in A3 still needs work so this is something I will be leaving until the very last moment in a hope that they are somewhat more fluent in the art of navigation. ;)

Hey Sealife,

My reply to Kable_ above will answer your AI path concerns. I don't know how to reply to the rest of your comment other than to say that I intend to see out this project so I can finally play and enjoy it myself! :D

Hey sEi,

When and if that time comes, you will be the first to be notified! If however I manage to overlook you... Please feel free to kick down my cabin door with your mighty ways and shoot me in the back. ;)

Hey GiorgyGR,

Saving is something I would really like to see myself. Sadly however, MP is currently out of my expertise and would require me to further research or out source help from those in the know. SP I should be fine with. The collection of objects will surely grow... I have some nice ideas of things I want to add that will allow you to turn your bambi cabin into a fortress of epic proportion. :)

Hope you guys get the reply... I have no idea how these forums function in terms of replying to comments, so feel free to educate me. ;)

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Yeah wow! Cool, would be interesting if you needed to collect resources to build, and those resources disappeared from the map.

Nice to see arma3 getting the sh$t modded out her and she not even released yet, great stuff :)

I will reveal my vast vision in a full featured post when I get around to writing one. You will definitely have to collect wood, tools, and ore. :)

Brilliant addon mate! Can the scripts be altered to include placement of standard Arma3 props, buildings, walls etc. That would give us a working 3D Editor!, (provided we can save, sure it's possible).

I have a desperate need to create multi level MP deathmatch maps but just cba with the current 2d nor 3d editor.

Great work!

BSW

Sweet mother of god. I dont even have words to describe how exciting or awesome this mod looks.

Excellent work, I have subscribed to your YouTube channel and waiting with baited breath for update's... :)

Brilliant addon mate! Can the scripts be altered to include placement of standard Arma3 props, buildings, walls etc. That would give us a working 3D Editor!, (provided we can save, sure it's possible).

I have a desperate need to create multi level MP deathmatch maps but just cba with the current 2d nor 3d editor.

Great work!

BSW

Sadly not, but bizarrely I started work on a script that does just this. I plan to finish it some time as I will be needing it in the future. It would grab all the games structures from the config array and allow you to place selected structures in game, then parse all the building class-names and co-ordinates and copy them to your clip board. Paste the code in a .sqf file and they would spawn in the locations you chose.

If that's what you had in mind, maybe I could devote 10 minutes to get it in working order sometime.

I'd preferably like to get a dialog hooked into it with a free roam camera to call it finished, but I had some issues getting dialog's to work in A3 so I will have to fix that first. :P

Sadly not, but bizarrely I started work on a script that does just this. I plan to finish it some time as I will be needing it in the future. It would grab all the games structures from the config array and allow you to place selected structures in game, then parse all the building class-names and co-ordinates and copy them to your clip board. Paste the code in a .sqf file and they would spawn in the locations you chose.

If that's what you had in mind, maybe I could devote 10 minutes to get it in working order sometime.

I'd preferably like to get a dialog hooked into it with a free roam camera to call it finished, but I had some issues getting dialog's to work in A3 so I will have to fix that first. :P

Oh.Yes.Please. That would just be all types of amazing. :) I'm speechless.

BSW

This is one of the most incredible mods I've seen. Mostly because it's simplistic and it is 100% needed. When/If this is put out there, it will be a necessity with games like Wasteland. The possibilities are endless. A few suggestions though.

1.Make places to mount heavy weapons or possibly create a script to simply move said weapons with you up and down the buildings.

2.It's been said already but I'll say it again. Make Generic AI paths so they can move seamlessly through the buildings.

3.Make some different material walls and such. (Concrete, brick, etc.)

4.Make it destructible in some form or another. Some sort of damage effects would be great.

5.Take into consideration slopes. Perhaps beams that attach directly to slopes leading up to the foundation.

6. Make some polishing with your model so there isn't as me cracks and crevices. (I know it's a pre-alpha but still XD)

7.Find a way to make buildings saveable in missions or give some slots to the editor specifically for saved buildings. (Not sure how to go about that.)

It's like Minecraft for Arma. I want to make a superbase with helicopters landing on the roof and stuff lol.

Edit. Apologies for reiterating anything you've already covered. I was so excited I failed to read all the posts!!!

Edited by Venom817

If you're having trouble with dialogs I can help you - I really wanna see this mod reach final release!

Add me on Steam: Zooloo75.

Holy sheet..!

This is looking like a veritable gushing torrent of possibilties mate, amazing work! :)