Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Scripting Discussion (dev branch)

Quote Originally Posted by Giallustio View Post
    So, if you have to clean up the map from all the weapons on the ground what are you going to do?
    I've to search one class only and delete all the array ("groundweaponholder").
    I was thinking about starting from position [0,0] and then add 500 meters for every "square", but Altis is pretty large...
    Proper way would be to get references to the weapons from each player/AI entity and hold them in a list. Also keeping that list up to date is important (in case someone switches weapons and puts them back to some cargo unit).
    Then periodically check if that said weapon is in the cargo/hands/whatever of some unit. If it isn't, delete it.
    Note that I don't know if arma 3 has any functions for what I just said :P

I suspect it's not possible with SQF, quick glance at the commands list doesn't show anything for it.

Commands
    Code:
    setGearSlotAmmoCount, setIDCAmmoCount, gearIDCAmmoCount, gearSlotAmmoCount
    Were never documented from the 1.62.93945 in ArmA 2. I only know limited amount of detail about these and I think that some people would find the documentation pretty useful, thanks.

Are those even valid in ArmA 3? We have an entirely different inventory system now don't we?

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #94
    Borivoj Hlava (game designer)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDruid View Post
    Some new commands added into the list:

- setPitch
    - setSpeaker
    - setNameSound
    - setName
    This mean we can "setIdentity" without cfgIdentities in description.ext now. That's a little confusing. Neat I guess, but confusing since if you don't setName and setNamesound both then you'll get a mismatch for example.

Also, boo on "fixing" this non-issue. Having removeAllContainers leave the visual uniform was an extremely useful feature.

Can we have clearItemCargoGlobal fixed already? This bug was in from day 1 of Alpha, this is ridiculous! http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7876

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    This mean we can "setIdentity" without cfgIdentities in description.ext now. That's a little confusing. Neat I guess, but confusing since if you don't setName and setNamesound both then you'll get a mismatch for example.
    I'm not sure what's confusing about it. Identities are templates which you can call on anyone with a single line of code, while these are for adjusting specific things on the fly. In regards to nameSound, if you fail to set it, unit is referred to by it's number. You can create such "mismatches" with CfgIdentities anyway, this just lets you do stuff on the fly, instead of needing to have it configured in config/description beforehand.

For example, ACE headgear stuff in A2 would have been much more sanely done if we had some of these getters/setters available in A2 instead of having to go through the partial userconfig solution.

The confusion would be if all you set was the setNameSound. You'd end up with a guy named "O'Connor" that you keep calling "Givens" when you order him around is all. I'm all for the addition of these commands, very cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    The confusion would be if all you set was the setNameSound. You'd end up with a guy named "O'Connor" that you keep calling "Givens" when you order him around is all. I'm all for the addition of these commands, very cool stuff.
    Well, yeah, but you can do such things with CfgIdentities as well. :P

One good thing about your example would be that you could have a guy with a normal name everywhere but with a namesound nickname "Nomad".

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/drawIcon3D

This command still doesn't seem to allow images in a mission folder (unless I'm missing something).

ArmA 3 - GWAR3
    ArmA 2 - PCDF | Gossamer's Warfare
    PC - i5 3570K | EVGA GTX 780 ACX | 16GB DDR3

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast