Sign in to follow this  
SgS_Sarge

the Memory (Sarge studio)

Awesome, best campaign since Arma 2 came out. Great story, great interactions, minigames and glorious czech voiceovers. Well done Sarge :bounce3:

Started playing late last night and got a little taste for this campaign-- have to say, I'm highly impressed. The level of professionalism throughout, from the cutscenes, logos, soundtrack, to the voice work and the gameplay itself. I haven't even gotten into combat yet really, I'm just getting into the Intro Mission (m3). Excited to keep playing, I can tell this will be a rewarding experience with a well-developed and engrossing storyline.

I'd love to pick your brain on how you achieved some of the really fine details, especially getting a unit to use his binoculars and stay that way (if I had to guess, I'd wager you added them to the unit's inventory, made them doWatch/doTarget something off in the distance and then disabled AI "anim"?). This project is an example of the incredible work that can come from the community, and what becomes possible when an editor has COMPLETE mastery over the tools available.

This is a real achievement for the A2 community, I hope some players will give their A3 obsession a break and return to A2 for a camp like this! Congrats.

great work! definitely one of the best campaign I played!

Currently just playing through Day one so only a little way in, and have to say fantastic work, love the attention to detail, one of my fav bits so far was the very first bit where the spec ops guys stop and cover each other to cross the road small but cool. The airport intro cut scene is absolutely fantastic, you've managed to pull of a real atmosphere thus far and I have not even fired a round yet! Voice acting top notch as well.

Great work and many thanks for the effort to the team.

Fantastic camp! Thanks for the entertainment.

What I'd REALLY like to see next time, is more hands on playing.

Very well done indeed!

Encore!

At first of all i want too say thank you for your comments. Our team is really happy and proud when we can read those positive comments. This project took us a lot of energy and thanks to you and your comments, we feel that it made ​​sense.

4 Zardas: Please first of all, play this campaign under version 1.11, basic arma. No DLC, no operation arrowehead. This sometimes makes a trouble. However, this may not be the problem this time. Because a won´t to tell the story here, i send you PM...

Actually it was, switching to 1.11 solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Wait, this can't be played with Combined Operations?

Thats dissapointing. I planed to play this immediately after returning home from my holiday but my favourite gameplay mods don't work without CO...

@Tonic87, mate, don't wait till update, this is really good quality campaign. Its designed well, all the effects needed is present. Ambiance is brilliant. Just drop the CO, and give it a try.

@Sarge and the development team - love it I'll recommend this to my friends as a "must have" campaign. How did you managed to control silly AI to move so preffesionaly, even crossing the roads they are covering each other like in RL Russian SOP?

Wait, this can't be played with Combined Operations?

Thats dissapointing. I planed to play this immediately after returning home from my holiday but my favourite gameplay mods don't work without CO...

I've got CO DVD version.

I use Arma ll launcher for all my missions/camps, set at GAME VERSION--->Arma ll CO

Had no problems with this camp. You should not as well.

Well that was a refreshing change from the norm. Solid story telling with excellent cinematics and editing. I also enjoyed the pace of it as a whole and the grown up feel to it.

A couple of minor downsides - some of the text would disappear a little too quickly I felt and the close ups of the Hind in flight would flicker and jump around for me, but that may be just my set up here.

All in all very enjoyable indeed - well done!

@Tonci87: It´s possible play it under CO version too. But, there are changes of AI. Path finding, reacting... It can sometimes broke a mision design. when we started this campaign, CO not yet exist. When released, it could be a lot of work to redo what we have done.

I play all campaigns with Arma 2 CO (even if campaign was made only with A2). I never had any problem becose of that with campaigns. :)

@Tonci87: It´s possible play it under CO version too. But, there are changes of AI. Path finding, reacting... It can sometimes broke a mision design. when we started this campaign, CO not yet exist. When released, it could be a lot of work to redo what we have done.

Wow you must have been working very long on this. I'll give it a try with CO and hope that it works. If it doesn't then I can switch to A2

how i say. a campaign will propably work well. but sometimes something going wrong. for example, truck in 00 going too slow and it takes too long then they arrive. Or some chooper flies a little bit diferently and miss a camera. Maybe cosmetics but important details. So when is arma 1.11 avaible, why not to use.

Well, they wrote it for A2 not CO and give the caveat that it might not work as planned in CO. Neither asr_ai nor TPWCAS will work in A2.

I'll simply give it a try. Usually Missions for Arma 2 work without problems.

excellent work guys, this is a must-play campaign! I haven't played anything done this well for a long time...congratulations! I really loved it because you don't shoot much in this campaign, but there's an interesting and thriving story behind all it. Also liked the continuos flashbacks and the CoD Black Ops\Saw revelations. Again, congrats guys!

On the side of AI mods...personally I hate the Chernarus because I hate being killed every 5 seconds by a beggar with an Ak from half a klick away hidden behind a bush, so I removed both tpwcas and asr, and the campaign in veteran was fairly balanced and ran smoothly.

I am allready finished campaign and I have to say amazing. Thanks a lot for work like this ;)

wouhou, a BIS dev commenting on a usermade campaign/mission!

it's a "premiere" (first time) I think!

wouhou, a BIS dev commenting on a usermade campaign/mission!

it's a "premiere" (first time) I think!

Are you kidding me? I've got all of them in my campaigns. :p

@wiki

And this is his first post ;)

Ps: great campaign.