Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Suicide is Painless... Bell 47 / H-13 Heli

v1.1 Released! Classnames in readme! Download zip (17mb) here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%213083

I tested on CO 1.62. It will require either A2+OA or A2:CO.

CHANGELOG:

============

v1.1: 11/3/2013

FIX: Damage not registered for rotors, engine, and glass.

IMPROVED: Rotor blur textures.

============

This addon provides the Bell 47 / H-13 helicopter in several versions for BIS sides/factions. Versions are based on research of real-world Bell 47 configurations. Guns eject spent shell cases on armed models! Fully functional gauges. Different camo schemes for factions:

- MH-13 Medevac model (the M*A*S*H helicopter). Unarmed, medic pilot, 3 passenger seats (1 in cockpit + 2 stretcher seats)

mh13-a.jpg

- UH-13 Transport model: pilot grenades, M60 door gun, Seats for transport of 3 or 4 (3 passenger + 1 door gunner).

uh13.jpg

- AH-13 CAS model: pilot grenades, dual M60 guns. 1 passenger seat.

ah13.jpg

- UH-13 Amphibious CSAR (floats on water). Pilot smoke, 3 passenger seats (1 cockpit + 2 skid seats).

(300k) https://rtf7xg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2p2ks5LxgDEG3I0jwm9vBLcI0RfEOxUjEJ0RPtMgUL1TUAPPlAHzbd-9N-kMCLiQJUA-4F1YeIj1MazC3hyAISYbg8VbqsmEjfl75zsEHfF6s/oh13b.jpg

oh13c.jpg

As the pic shows, you can walk on the floats when you exit the cockpit. Perfect for SCUBA team insertions! :cool:

oh13a.jpg

- Bell 47 Civilian in different color schemes (blue/white, slate blue, yellow, black, white).

bellciv.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Sweet! I was thinking about this one since it looks easy for making it. At first glance at least ;) I am also interested in "floating" trick as Shawnee was used in floating versions, especially Navy and civilian ones.

Keep up the good work!

Use the cargo action from the M113 ambulance it will look much more realistic

looks great hcpookie, keep up the great work :)

Thanks wld, that does look better! :)

I got the water float trick working! :) In researching it appears the original float trick was used for the Bell 47 in OFP, which is kind of ironic in that it has come full circle. The latest iteration of it is Gnat's scripts he used for the Cessna (and credit to him for getting it working properly in A2!)

The last thing to figure out is getting the soldiers to get out of the heli and walk along the float pontoons. Once I figure that out (a small thing I know) it should be ready to release. It appears from the float plane that there is a "deck" item that is attached to the heli and hovers just above the pontoons, so the soldiers can walk along that deck area vs. the default 'sticking' problem when trying to walk over a vehicle model. Need to figure out the 'fake pontoon' 3D model and I should be all set. Need to see what the 'type' of object the LHD deck is and will probably be able to inherit from that.

All this is putting the finishing touches on before release... you honestly don't "need" to walk on the pontoons but it will be nice to get out, walk (and shoot!) before jumping into the water. I'm thinking about scuba diver insertion/retrieval missions, etc.

Keep in mind that the floats work best at hover or VERY slow speeds. Land on the water surface as slow as possible - the faster you touch down, the more likely you'll tip over the floats and sink! :)

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but all I find is the H and B model and Bell 47 no CAS, MEDEVAC or Amphibious?

The CAS is the AH-13... the medevac models are in the same location as the other ambulance vehicles under Faction > Support

The CAS is the AH-13... the medevac models are in the same location as the other ambulance vehicles under Faction > Support

Thanks found them, very nice, I like the fact that you can Start mission with Helo on the water already. Finally a Helo that can land on the Water as Rescue for downed Pilot. very cool!

Edited by vengeance1

You're welcome! Pilot rescue AND scuba diver insertion is exactly why I built that particular version... especially with water being more usable in A3 :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS: does this require A2, A2: OA or A2: CO?

Thanks for the mirror!

I thought the requirements were in the readme... Mea Culpa. I tested on CO 1.62. It will require either A2+OA or A2:CO. I'll update the first post

@Miller - thanks for your mirror as well! :cool:

Brief A3 status report - tested it in A3 Beta with the AIA "merge" mod. It appears that in A3 the "float" placement script needs to be adjusted to move the float. Currently the heli will float but it appears to be falling off the end of the float. So for A3 I guess I'll have to make a new version for that float script.

Edited by hcpookie

Yes, sorry you are correct. I overlooked it at your installation notes section.

It states it only needs OA, tested on OA + ACR v1.62.

So, now I am a bit more confused, does it need just OA or it needs CO like your latest statment.

Sorry if I am messing up your head with my questions :)

Yeah my mistake, it should read: "Tested on CO v1.62".

It will definitely need both OA and A2, because it has classes for all the A2 Chernarussian forces. With previous mods I got a lot of flak from people using only the A2 version complaining about that... :) Thus my "A2+OA / A2:CO".

I'll update the readme. Thanks again :)

Perfect, thanks a lot for clearing that up. In case you want me to clear this thread form our "what does it need convo" to not confuse other people just let me know ;)

I will adjust the pages on Armaholic so its clear it requires CO.

Looks great, was hoping to suggest this to the group that i'm playing with.

But it seems to have a few issues show here:

and

Is this something that is still being worked on?

We would love to use it :)

Thanks for pointing out those items. I don't know if I'll be able to get to it any time soon. Good thing is that you can use it as-is with no problems.

Update v1.1 - it bothered me to have those rotor problems so I fixed them! Still learning things as I go along...

v1.1 download in the same location - see first post!

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%213083

v1.1: 11/3/2013

FIX: Damage not registered for rotors, engine, and glass.

IMPROVED: Rotor blur textures.