Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

SP-Mission Pack / Mini-Campaign "Insomnia"

Insomnia

loadhqu1k.jpg

Hey guys, here are my first singleplayer-missions for Arma 3!

Actually planned as a small campaign these four missions come separately, since there is no campaign menu in the Arma 3 BETA yet. They're meant to be played in sequential order but of course you can do as you like.

Please note that some missions aspects depend on previous mission results. But since the missions come individually i decided to calculate previous mission results randomly at the beginning of each mission.

So in multiple playthroughs you might notice differences like additional tasks or less men under your command etc.

Description:

2035, WW3 is moving towards its inevitable end. Middle eastern forces have conquered large parts of the world in their ustoppable campaign. Even the United States fell eventually, the NATO is hardly existend.

With its last ally gone, the Federation of Europe stands alone against an overpowered and merciless enemy which is slowly making his way to Europe's borders.

You're in the boots of EUROFORCE Commander Gustavo Gomez, who just returned from a recon assignment in California, USA. Your supperior withdraws you from SpecOps and deploys you as the chief drill instructor on "Drill Island" Stratis, Greek.

Officially, your orders are to train men for the expected upcoming fightings but since Stratis is at a strategic important position right between Europe and the Middle East your undercover assignment is to keep your eyes open and be the first to see the enemy coming.

And they will come in force, eventually...

Overall Features:

- 4 playable missions

- classic storybased SP

- teambased infantry combat

- small group combat to large scale assault

- hit'n'runs

- cutscenes

- artillery support

- chopper rides, vehicles etc.

- a lot of randomization (varying tasks, positions, team strentgh, enemies etc.)

Known Issues:

-The missions aren't really balanced yet, so i included a god mode which can be activated by radio (backslash-0-0).

-Some aspects of each mission depend on previous mission results. Since there is no way to turn the single missions into a real campaign by now, the necessary values are calculated randomly at the beginning of each mission.

Mission Details:

Insomnia 01: Sunny Sunday

You're out with your team for a little extra drill when you suddenly notice an unusual amount of unknown helicopters up in the air heading for your HQ...

Insomnia 02: Preparations

You and a few other survivors of the attack made it to Camp Maxwell where you plan your next steps while the enemy is preparing an assault on your position...

Insomnia 03: Siege

The enemy is coming in force and you have to hold Camp Maxwell. Outnumbered, exhausted and with little supplies only...

Insomnia 04: Aftermath

Only a hand full sodliers survived the night and you realize you can't hold Maxwell against another wave. So you decide to break out and find a way off the island...

Requirements:

-Arma 3 BETA

Installation:

Put the .PBOs in your "Arma 3\Missions" folder. You may have to create the folder first!

Changelog:

0.90 - 23.07.2013

-Initial Beta Release

Credits:

Mission editing and scripting by IndeedPete

Contact: PM me on the BI-Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=53386

Thanks to:

Kronzky for his great Urban Patrol Script!

spunFIN for his nice AI Spawn Script Pack!

The BI-Forums for the answers to so many questions!

Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!

Feedback is appreciated!

Have Fun! ;)

Some Impressions:

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=uAkpWKuW

Download:

Armaholic (0.90)

Mediafire (0.90)

Edited by IndeedPete

Dude, upload to Dropbox please, mediafire can be a pain in the arse... but will play these later today :)

Armaholic link added. Thank you, guys!

sounds like a pretty well storydevelopment.

A hint of sarcasm? :) I just made this up from scratch, basically to test Arma 3's new gameplay. And i experienced that a simple actionmovie storyline gives me more freedom in mission design than complex one. Also this way, i didn't have to write so many dialogues and diary entries etc. :D

Edited by IndeedPete

Just tried the first mission, saw the helicopters, got the task to RTB. Got back to Air Station Mike (boring walk btw) and nothing happened.

Ok, i see. There is a car at the farm (from where you should see the helicopters) which you are supposed to use to get back to the airstation. That will save you the boring walk. ;)

Also the trigger which triggers the combat at Mike-26 ist set to activate when the car enters its area. So if you choose to walk instead of drive there are two problems. I'm sorry, i will change that in the next version.

I might have to place it a bit more obvious right in the middle of the street. xD

It's fine I was still on the custom settings from my mp server so wasn't seeing radio chatter, that made it more obvious.

The last mission is overall pretty lackluster and should probably be redone imo

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, i agree, i ran out of time within the last days. Therefore it's still in BETA and i have some ideas that i will examine and then rebuild a few things in the next days/weeks.

In mission 1, please make sure the chopper does NOT take off until Player boards it.

Once, all my team mates that I was supposed to be training, ran for the chopper, boarded, and it took off without me.

So, I took a vehicle and drove there, but mission would not progress because I needed to be on that chopper.

Moving on to mission 2.

Ammo boxes and so forth are not properly places. You have them in a straight line, with some in bushes. Makes it difficult to get my team in there to get ammo and weapons.

I'd suggest grouping the boxes closer together. Team Switch would really help with this as I can get each on in there indivitually.

"set up defence" should be told to player to do LAST. I kept pointing at the commander and getting him to set up defense, because I had no idea what it does and when to do it, then mission would end and I didn't even start the Tasks.

BTW< I know VOICE is lots of work, but it would go along way with your camp.

Good luck!

Edited by Kommiekat

Thank you for your thoughts. I will include them in the next update.

I thought about voiceacting but i don't have the equipment nor the knowledge to do so. Also i don't like hearing my own voice. :)