We'd like to try using this thread to track clear updates about changes to the AI. But first, some all important disclaimers!
- Not all the changes made to the AI can be logged as and when they happen
- Sometimes the changes made by the programmers require other departments to update or pack their data
- Sometimes that's not always possible right away (i.e. changes to AI Costmaps for terrain, tweaking of new/refined values in configs)
- Sometimes the changes must be put on hold while we make sure/prevent them from entirely annihilating the rest of the game
- Sometimes the changes must be reverted because they destroy more than they heal.
- Sometimes our programmers have to work, rather than talk about working.
We hope it helps shine some light on the ongoing refinements/fixes being made to the AI, and can help to frame/promote some useful feedback/discussion/understanding about the current state/future direction and progress.
You can discuss the changes across in the AI Dev Branch Discussion thread.
First set of notes follows: