Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

Arma2 voice commands playing when flying Take On Helicopters?

I played the demo and really liked it, so I bought the bundle on Steam and installed it (18gb, wow! :eek:)

But then when I play now the full game, there's these Arma2 voices that keep happening. Like if there's another helicopter somewhere near me then I'll hear a soldier from Arma2 call out the helicopter.

Or if when I'm passing through waypoints, each time I pass through one there's a voice that says "group, move to, 28756" and so on.

I didn't have this in the demo! How can I turn these off? They are very annoying and completely breaks the mood of the game for me... I want to play Take On Helicopters, not Arma2...

Thanks for any advice with this.

Also when I watch youtube videos of Take On Helicopters, they don't have that there.

And also all the normal voice, like from the instructor in the training, it comes in as very quiet with a LOT of static. But on the youtube videos of the same training flights, the instructor's voice is very clear with almost no static. It was the same in the demo, clear voice with no static. But in the full game, very tinny voice with lots of static...

What's going on :(

Well no such thing has ever occurred in my game-play. All the sounds worked perfectly on the training as well as on the career.

As for the Arma 2 voices you hear maybe it has something to do with the patch that combines the two games, that is if you have installed the patch of course.

If that is the case maybe you could inactivate the patch from the mod menu and then check if the strange voices take place.

If you haven't installed the patch try installing it.

Also maybe the TOH folders are mixed with the Arma 2 ones somehow and you have this mess.

Best Luck!:)

Hey, thanks a lot! I did notice I had a ton of Arma stuff in the expansions enabled, but the disable button was greyed out for them when I tried the first time.

Launched the game today and went straight to expansions and was able to disable everything there and now no more issues! Thanks a lot! :D