Sign in to follow this  
xaysana

75th Ranger Regiment

Hey guys, so i've strayed away from my SAF mod as im still learning modelling. But since i've figured out retexturing i thought i'd start on another addon for practice, hence here's my 75th Ranger Regiment units. Constructive feedback would be appreciated, and also please tell me what you guys wish to see in this addon!

Updated WIP pics (8/09/13):

th_2013-08-09_00006_zps07a96e7c.jpg

th_2013-08-09_00001_zps5403a285.jpg

th_2013-08-09_00007_zps323a3e1a.jpg

th_2013-08-09_00008_zps5baeb75a.jpg

Cheers!

Sorry but the amount of people that's been hating on me for not adding the mk18s and what not has been too high.

THIS ADDON DOES NOT INCLUDE THE WEAPONS SEEN IN THE SCREENSHOT. I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE THIS ADDON DEPENDABLE ON OTHER ADDONS. YOU CAN ALWAYS DOWNLOAD THEM YOURSELVES AND ADD THEM IN EDITOR

Update V2.0:

Uniforms

-Multicam

-ACU

-PCU

Vests

-Khaki

-Multicam

-Ranger green

Helmets

- Opscore tan

- Opscore tan painted

- Opscore multicam painted

- Opscore grey painted

- Mich grey

- Mich grey painted

- Mich multicam

- Mich tan

- Mich plain grey

- Mich plain grey painted

- Mich plain multicam

- Mich plain tan

- Mich camo net

GEAR AMMOBOX INCLUDED

Hence there isn't much unit classes available in the editor. I might make proper unit classes in the next update though.DONE

Download link:

V2.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?t2bzcvzzc2dpzpl

Thanks guys!

Edited by Xaysana

This is amazing! I love the textures that you have on the uniforms. This goes great for the 75th Ranger Regiment Community on ArmA 3! Thanks a lot man, I hope to see this out soon.

You have stretched the multicam to far. Also it is continueing over seems and even completly different parts.

It looks like a rushed and uninspired piece of work. Maybee gathering further ressources and reconsidering your approach would create a far better result. Overall its just mediocre.

And if im not wrong the camo is too dark?

Hm I meant the color choice of the uniforms. I had not looked at the issues you brought up. Now that I have taken a closer look, I agree.

to be totally honest these textures are too dark. Also its just your re-texture of mulicam and we really don't need anymore multicam re-textures.

Alright noted, will be editing the multicam textures later on. Thanks guys!

Hey looking good, regarding what i would like to see:

Some new gear and maybe a PCU shirt, that would be real nice to see and some michs with multicam cover and that pouch on the back of it that holds counter weight when the unit have nvg's and of course the velcro pieces on the sides and on top. and those goggles where the strap has been cut and they are attatched to the helmet via the velcro on the sides. And last some accessories on the helmet like the petzle (Or whatever it is) light, a MS2000 strobe, PVS 15, dail strap for the mich.

I know that sounds like, a few of these would also be fine for me though :)

hi,i suggest to revert the flag on the right arm, if u put the patch like that mean the soldier running backward ( retreating)

How did you get the helmet scrim camo?

Its the default BIS helmet: headgear_b_helmet_camo

Hey looking good, regarding what i would like to see:

Some new gear and maybe a PCU shirt, that would be real nice to see and some michs with multicam cover and that pouch on the back of it that holds counter weight when the unit have nvg's and of course the velcro pieces on the sides and on top. and those goggles where the strap has been cut and they are attatched to the helmet via the velcro on the sides. And last some accessories on the helmet like the petzle (Or whatever it is) light, a MS2000 strobe, PVS 15, dail strap for the mich.

I know that sounds like, a few of these would also be fine for me though :)

Noted, will work with simple modelling for now maybe i'll be able to get a mich model going along, will post updates on this!

hi,i suggest to revert the flag on the right arm, if u put the patch like that mean the soldier running backward ( retreating)

Flag reversed, thanks for pointing it out!

Flag reversed, thanks for pointing it out!

Glad to hear you fixed that.

looks a bit better but still a bit dark when you compare it to BIS one + as someone said I think you stretched it out too much

looks a bit better but still a bit dark when you compare it to BIS one + as someone said I think you stretched it out too much

Hey, remember, BIS made MTP which is a British Version of the Multicam, MTP is lighter in real life. He is making Multicam which has a darker pattern to it. But I do agree with the stretch.

Hey, remember, BIS made MTP which is a British Version of the Multicam, MTP is lighter in real life. He is making Multicam which has a darker pattern to it. But I do agree with the stretch.

Nah, the actual pattern used on BIS' units is multicam not the British MTP variant of the pattern. It's just called MTP in game, because the name "Multicam" is trademarked by Crye. BIS' "MTP" doesn't have any of the distinctive DPM-style brushstrokes that are on British MTP.

Besides, MTP and Multicam are supposed to use more-or-less the same colours. It's mainly the distribution of colours (size, shape, spacing) and different materials that the uniforms are made of that can make the colours look different. That, or the manufacturers have done a poor job of matching the colours suggested by Crye.

For example, the MTP on the standard issued British PCS uniform looks a different colour to the Fire Resistant uniform worn by British pilots, both of those are a different colour to the MTP cordura used to make daysacks/bergans; and the MPT-pattered Nylon used to make the issue "basha" shelter is yet another colour. All that kit is made by different manufacturers for the UK's armed forces, using different dyes and fabrics which react differently to the dyes - hence the final fabrics come out in different colours.

Ah, thanks for correcting me on that (Seriously not sarcastically :D) I still think BIS made the pattern WAY too light, while this Multicam can be lightened, I wouldn't suggest going as far as BIS did.

looks a bit better but still a bit dark when you compare it to BIS one

Actually a good thing only. BIS made their multicam way too light. It does not actually work if you try to hide in foliage =p

Actually a good thing only. BIS made their multicam way too light. It does not actually work if you try to hide in foliage =p

Tell that to the AI they don't need that, most of the players will have trouble to spot people hidden in foliage anyways xd

These units seem have that Ranger feel to them. Some PVS-15s wouldn't hurt though.

I have one in game you can use if you want: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160517616

That'll be great! I would love to include them in this addon. Pm-ed you :yay:

Thanks for the feedback guys, will edit the multicam again. Hopefully this time it will be more accurate

Edited by Xaysana

Hopefully this version of multicam is better, I have made the multicam less stretched and followed Cryeprecision's combat shirt AC

Comparison to BIS default

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/Natz2552/2013-07-16_00013_zpsf99f6d00.png (1000 kB)

Got a PM from xMrGizmo, will be working on acu units soon

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/Natz2552/2013-07-16_00004_zps8f9383f8.jpg (115 kB)

Edited by Xaysana