Sign in to follow this  
Gnrl_Grad

DeckViews Mod - more external camera views for your carrier

This mod adds 10 new on-deck camera views for the carrier.

Press C to cycle between the different camera views and look around with the mouse. Press X to cycle backwards through views.

To return to normal 3rd person view of carrier just left click the mouse.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l1vg4inm4z1q78/deckviews.zip

Note this is an early release and I haven't play tested too much yet. If it proves stable over the course of a few games I'll also add this to Nemisis Mod.

Special credit to Species1571 whose camera work in DeadlyIslands mod helped me in creating this mod. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gnrl_Grad

New version uploaded...

v1.1

* Smoother mouselook on deck views

* Remembers last deck view used

Same download link as first post

Known Issues...

The radar can be out of alignment with the new deck view - quick fix might be to hide the radar (if I can find out how) when in a new deck view

When you switch to a carrier turret from deck view (using key bind) you need to left click to fire and switch to turret view - if there's a way to detect when carrier turret is being controlled this can be improved

v1.2 uploaded

Default viewing angles are now used for better orientation when switching between views

Edited by Gnrl_Grad

New version uploaded...

v1.1

* Smoother mouselook on deck views

* Remembers last deck view used

Known Issues...

The radar can be out of alignment with the new deck view - quick fix might be to hide the radar (if I can find out how) when in a new deck view

When you switch to a carrier turret from deck view (using key bind) you need to left click to fire and switch to turret view - if there's a way to detect when carrier turret is being controlled this can be improved

v1.2 uploaded

Default viewing angles are now used for better orientation when switching between views

the out of alignment radar might actually be nothing to do with the mod. I discovered yesterday that when using one of the carrier's turrets, the radar view was slightly out of alignment then too

New version uploaded...

v1.3

Hud elements are now hidden on deck views for more scenic views

Mouse sensitivity in deck views changed to match rest of game

Can now cycle backwards through views by pressing X key

Other general improvements to the deckview implementation

Known Issues...

Some minor flicker when switching in and out of map while in a deckview

Does this work with the Steam version of the game? You can't rename the .exe so how do I get around this?