Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big PHYSx compatible ship. LCS 2 technological demonstrator

Big PHYSx compatible ship. LCS 2 technological demonstrator

THis addon should only be considered as a technology demostrator for getting ideas of how to set a PHYSx compatible, multiturret big ship. it is not completely modelled and not textured.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4k...qm/mnk_lcs.rar

Currently it has:

- PHYSx compatibility. Can carry helicopters without scripting. Strangely, the old 60 meter GEO LOD limit is still there, but only for man class. For other vehicle classes, the ship is quite solid.
    I haven't had much time to work on this for the last week and I haven't added GEO blocks to the superstructure so that part is not solid yet, only the hull. For man class (i. e. a pilot that lands a helicopter and exits the chopper on the landing pad) the ship is not walkable, even if I have added a GEO LOD and a Roadway LOD.

- Two working turrets (The front 57 mm Mk110 uses stock vanilla 40 mm ammo and it is DEADLY)

- Partial Water FX

If anyone can tackle this ship I give my permission to tinker, modify or do whatever you want with this model.

Enjoy, even if it has a lot of limitations
    Last edited by mankyle; Jul 14 2013 at 14:35.
    Don't ever argue with an asshole, he will bring you down to his level, and there he will win you by means of experience

Thanks mankyle! This will come in very handy!

mankyle .. you are a god mate!! Well done!

Master Gunnery Sergeant Papanowel's Avatar
    It's great mankyle, I just try it quickly. One question, is it possible to avoid any vehicle movement when you're moving the boat? The helicopter seems to move slowly and then fall into the sea.

Master Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Papanowel View Post
    It's great mankyle, I just try it quickly. One question, is it possible to avoid any vehicle movement when you're moving the boat? The helicopter seems to move slowly and then fall into the sea.
    No, unfortunately not. I have put a lot of effort in this and this is the best I have achieved. There are still a lot of limitations in PHYSx. Try with a car and the car won't move along with the ship. We are in the right way but not quite there yet

Good stuff mate. Thanks
    petek

cannot Binarise or it crashes the game ,

i think its progress but new tools needed to progress , thanks for your time and good writings in editing section

i think the clue is in the friction properties of the

class PhysXMaterials

here you wil find friction properties for friction and restitution etc of different contacts and things , i havent looked too deep myself
    Last edited by Sealife; Jul 7 2013 at 10:56.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Papanowel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mankyle View Post
    No, unfortunately not. I have put a lot of effort in this and this is the best I have achieved. There are still a lot of limitations in PHYSx. Try with a car and the car won't move along with the ship. We are in the right way but not quite there yet
    Ok, maybe it's possible to "attach" the vehicle to the boat and release it once you want to use it.

Anyway you did a great job and a lot of modder will be happy with your work!

Attaching is so clunky. We shouldn't have to hack it like that. As Thromp says perhaps really imcreasing the friction is the way to go.

Thanks mankyle !
    Been playing with it and improving the visuals .... but getting the thing to turn properly is a battle .....

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast