twistking

The community's definite suggestion for better heli immersion and guided weapon FCS

One thing they definitely need is an audible missle lock warning system or something....something to tell you that a missle has locked onto you so you are able to drop flares. At the moment theres nothing.
As of the current stable build there's now a visible warning indicator.

i decided to stop covering flight model with the ticket. i feel, that it is already improved and it still gets updated, so that further discussions and suggestions about flight model would demand a dedicated thread/ticket. there are already many threads and tickets about fight model. please comment/vote there for further FM improvements.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Nice post. I hate the ability not to be able to aim with the seasprite lookalike heli (dunno what its called) which doesn't have a fixed pipper on the HUD.

yes, a proper, consistent HUD/HMD would solve that.

Bump. This needs more attention. I really hope BI takes at least a few of these into consideration.

EDIT:

The above being quoted, users can still post valid suggestions if they happen to have any :)

My apologies, it was a hasty response. I intended to also point people in the way of Nodunit and Franze's AH-64 Apache mod for Arma 2. It incorporates many of the original suggestions very well, requires much more in-depth interaction with the FCS, and legitimately ties weapon usage/effectiveness to the Fire Control Radar. It uses both old and new versions of the AGM-114 Hellfire which demonstrate both LOAL and LOBL launch modes.

Unfortunately, I can't see changes this large coming soon to A3 (BI probably has other things on its plate currently) but perhaps it will come along with ACE 3 (if it actually comes out :P) or from BI in the form of some sort of premium helicopter enhancement DLC later in the development timeline.

EDIT 2: Hopefully with the Helicopter DLC inbound, these systems will get the attention they deserve.

Edited by the_Demongod

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, Private Message the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

The above being quoted, users can still post valid suggestions if they happen to have any :)

it is a good summary. two comments:

1) you also have to consider how changes reflect or should reflect on AI vs AI and AI vs player combat

2) you should trim the post (or future ones) to be way more specific, bullet point like - the (rather) long winded description discourage attention and reading till the end

• Like 1