Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting Alpha Missions to run in Beta

Mission Converter

Quote Originally Posted by Beerkan View Post
    Since I just updated to the development beta, I thought I'd post how I got most of my (100+) missions created using the Alpha editor to run with the new Beta updates.

Using info from the got me started, but my missions still failed to work in the Beta with the message.
    Hi Beerkan,

I've written a small utility in visual basic that will convert Arma 3 Alpha Missions to Beta. It uses a txt file using the information you have supplied here, that can be easily updated by anyone as these weapon and other name changes are discovered. It's a very easy to use - no scripting or dos, just click a couple buttons.

I wanted to make sure you would be cool with me releasing this since really it is nothing without the work you have done here! Thank you for that!

I wanted to give credit since again, the whole thing only works because of what you have done. If you'd like to take a look at it, I'd be happy to send it through email so you can test it/see how it works.

Sorry, I'd PM you but I'm too new to the board so it won't let me.

Have a great night,
    Dingo-J

Thank you sir - very helpful. My missions now fixed.

Something else:If you have a mission with a trigger grouped to a world item (building etc) you will find that the trigger is now grouped to something completely different. They must have changed the ID numbers on world items. Regrouping it in the Editor will fix the problem.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Issue: Mk 20 and TAVOR silencers... I can't get them to attach to gun. Is there a new classname?

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo-J View Post
    Hi Beerkan,

I've written a small utility in visual basic that will convert Arma 3 Alpha Missions to Beta. It uses a txt file using the information you have supplied here, that can be easily updated by anyone as these weapon and other name changes are discovered. It's a very easy to use - no scripting or dos, just click a couple buttons.

I wanted to make sure you would be cool with me releasing this since really it is nothing without the work you have done here! Thank you for that!

I wanted to give credit since again, the whole thing only works because of what you have done. If you'd like to take a look at it, I'd be happy to send it through email so you can test it/see how it works.

Sorry, I'd PM you but I'm too new to the board so it won't let me.

Have a great night,
    Dingo-J
    Hi,

Yes that sound like an excellent utility, and yes you're welcome to the list. It's based on the Alpha Development branch changelog. I just added a few things.

Just one caveat I would ask.

Can you also post the source, so we can see what your program does?

I wouldn't wish to be endorsing a program that rips game codes or deletes windows files

And I hope you're not offended that I asked.

Other than that thanks for your contribution.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alexharvey52 View Post
    All works great thanks so much!

One thing that you havent listed is the sniper class I think.

"You cannot play/edit..... .... that has been deleted.sniper_soldier"
    My sample Alpha created mission.sqm file includes Snipers, so the change list should cater for them.

Okay!! Beerkan has spent many hours updating his list and I have the application done!

Note that was made using visual basic and so will install microsoft .netframe in order to run the converter.

You can download the Alpha to Beta converter here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ortmannj/AR...ha_to_Beta.zip

You can view the read me file before downloading here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ortmannj/ARMA3/Read Me First.pdf

Please let me know right away if you have any issues with the application. You can contact me here, or at
    Email is faster because I check that more often.

Hopefully you will find this app useful in getting your Alpha missions up and running in Beta!!
    Be sure to give Beerkan a big thanks for putting in the time and effort to get us this list of changes!!

Dingo-J

Converter is done - just waiting for a moderator to approve my post with the links!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo-J View Post
    Converter is done - just waiting for a moderator to approve my post with the links!
    Thanks for this, I hope it gets approved, would be very helpful.

Jabbajaws77

Works a treat Dingo J. Now if only updating to the dev Beta didn't break my Daiyuo Island missions with the PLA. Config.bin nightmares...sigh. Hope they update that mod!

Nice work Dingo-J

Would you be interested to put more effort into your tool?
    Like batch processing, pbo as input, not limited to sqm.

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(305 of 1000$ per month by 36 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Awesome work.

Would it be possible to code up an ARMA 2/CO to ARMA 3 mission converter for use with Kju's AIA?

There should be no need for a converter as AiA provides missing class mapping if necessary.

Compatibility problems come from change in scripting (removed/changed SQF commands) and overall engine changes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast