404: Group Not Found is an ARMA-based ACE/ACRE group (although we do not currently run any ARMA3 sessions) based around the principle of entertaining gameplay in a serious setting with a group of light-hearted individuals.
Enjoyment, respect and organisation are the core values underlying 404: Group Not Found. Our members understand that unstructured chaos like you might find on a public server is not conducive to having fun, thought-out, teamwork-oriented gameplay.
404 is an invite-only group, although potential applicants can fill out an application to be considered for invitation.
The 404 is fairly casual, however we do have a number of ground rules:
- A modicum of respect is expected during all interactions between members. If you don’t like someone, you don’t have to like them, but we do expect you to be polite.
- 404 runs in-game briefings and semi-open slotting. We ask that during these times members remain calm, quiet and leave general chatter for downtime during briefings.
- Intentionally disrupting gameplay will result in removal from the group. This can include intentionally killing a teammate, destroying assets, going AWOL and many other acts.
- Members who we do not feel mesh with the culture of our group will unfortunately be asked to leave.
- “Wil Wheaton says: Don’t be a dick “ - Wil Wheaton.
For potential applicants we do have a number of prerequisites:
- Aspiring applicants must be at least sixteen years old.
- Regular participation in the main Saturday session is a must. Measures exist to inform us if you will be absent, members who fail to do so will be removed.
- If for whatever reason you fail to attend multiple sessions you will dropped from the group.
- Re-admission for past members is fairly straightforward and, provided the reasons for being dropped were not negative, admission is basically guaranteed.
- Applicants must be willing and capable to download and install mods via SixUpdater (simple tutorial included) and must have Arma 2: Combined Operations.
- Applicants must have a working microphone and be able to operate Teamspeak 3 (must therefore have IQ higher than a potato).
The majority of the 404 hails from the UK, and the primary session is conducted each Saturday at 7pm GMT. This session has restricted slotting.
An additional Friday session is held at the same time, 7PM GMT. This is an open-slot session and a good chance for new members to try their hand at leading or taking specialist roles.
If you have any further questions that haven't been answered above, feel free to contact us on our GMail account at , or on Skype, using the user-name below. Make sure you mention that you're an applicant in your contact request, or we won't know who it is.
Applying to 404
Please submit your online handle, age and timezone/city in a short email to the following address with the subject line [404-JR]-[Name]. An ideal structure to follow is as follows:
To: (Backup email until mail-DNS fixed).
My name is [online handle here]. I’m a [age here] year old guy/girl from [timezone/country/city here].
[standard message continues]
Some friendly tips
- A name like “Sacks”, “Howey” or “Clavell” gives us an insight into the maturity of the applicant. A name like “360xxxNoScopesErryDay420” or “blackandwhitenija981” will likely be turned away on this basis alone.
- Our applications are used for judging three things - your familiarity with ArmA, your genuine interest in joining the group as a contributing member and your attitude and maturity. Someone sending two or three sentences will usually be trumped by someone who put a bit more time and effort into their application.
Our applications are processed following our Saturday session, and invites are sent out Sunday and Monday. If you sent an invite after Saturday, you may have to wait a week until the next processing.
When someone is successful in their application and receives an invite, they are expected to follow the links provided, sign up on the forum and attend a primary session within two weeks of their acceptance. If we don’t hear from you in two weeks, it’s fairly certain we won’t want to hear from you at all.