Pomi Git

Kiory's balaclava Expanded (more textures)

With full support from Kiory I present:

Kiory's balaclava Expanded

MNb9VDB.jpg

Larger image here

The mod includes Kiory's original skull balaclava plus 7 other texture variants.

- Black skull (Kiory's original)

- Black

- Green

- Desert

- Multicam

- Hex

- woodland

- Urban

Classnames

Kio_Balaclava_blk
Kio_Balaclava_blkSkull
Kio_Balaclava_grn
Kio_Balaclava_des
Kio_Balaclava_multicam
Kio_Balaclava_hex
Kio_Balaclava_wcam
Kio_Balaclava_urbcam

***UPDATE - NOW USES NV GOGGLES SLOT***

jgHBTcm.jpg

To add to your unit put the following in its init

this addItem "CLASSNAME"; //add to inventory
this assignItem "CLASSNAME"; //assign to correct slot

to add to a unit in a mod put the following in the units class within the config file

linkeditems[] = {"CLASSNAME"};
respawnlinkeditems[] = {"CLASSNAME"};

DOWNLOAD HERE

Release Notes:

• I have now configured them to be used in the NV Goggles slot so that they can be worn with helmets and goggles. Unfortunately this does mean it will turn on the night vision if you press the N key. Nothing I can do about that
  • Works perfectly with white heads but there's some clipping issues with persian, asian, black, greek

Credits:

• Kiory for making his fantastic model
  • Surpher for helping me work out how to do multiple textures for glasses

Edited by pomigit

I approve this message.

Good work mate, in hindsight I could of probably made the unwrap more friendly to people who are going to do retextures, I'll keep that in mind in future.

Very good, I wish BIS would add an extra slot so you can mix this with glasses. :)

Updated first post to include credits. Cant forget the important people!

these are nice. have you ever thought about making them a glasses class instead of hatwear? i know it sounds stupid, but as a helmet class it stops people from wearing helmets and that stops addons like the helmet cam from working. also if make them a glasses class item you could possibly see about having them with different glasses on them. just my two cents worth. i love them though. I just wish i could use them without losing some features my unit uses in our tactics.

Edited by Jynx
spell checking

these are nice. have you ever thought about making them a glasses class instead of hatwear?

you obviously didnt read the release notes :D

Release Notes:

• I have configured them to be glasses so that they can be worn with helmets

if make them a glasses class item you could possibly see about having them with different glasses on them

It is impossible to combine glasses with glasses. The only way to have the balaclava with glasses is to do them as headgear or edit the original model, and if you did that it would be hard coded. If there was enough interest I could add additional classes to the config to offer them as headgear. That way people have the option of having either balaclava with helmet or balaclava with glasses. But you could never have all three together.

Edited by pomigit

wow i totally over looked that. and for that i deeply apologize. I am usually more attentive than that. i am downloading now and anxious to try them out. once again sorry for my over sight awesome job.

Good job promigit!

I most like the penultimate mask (texture) :)

For some reason, I can't get this to show in-game. Could someone possible post the scripts used to place the items (Both Helmet and Glasses Variants)) in an empty supply box? It'd be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Kio's original was able to show in the V.A.S., but sadly these don't.

Edited by Resonance

Nevermind, I got it to work, I just moved the .pbo file into the addons folder, now they all show in the V.A.S.! Great work mate!

EDIT: I know this might sound dumb, but could it be possible to make these into Head type variants? This way, you could use glasses AND Helmets as well? I've seen that it's possible to make custom facial features, so then this should be possible, right?

Edited by Resonance

Awesome work man.

Is there any way to take the balaclava mesh and combine it with the face mesh and add it in as a new face model? If it were possible, it should allow you to wear both goggles and a helmet over top. The only downside would be is that you wouldn't be able to equip them on NPCs. It was just A thought I had.

Looks really good!

In testing during parachute freefall (do mostly HALOs), there is slight clipping on the right-side. Neck pops through. FYI.

Thanks for the mod. Use all the time.

Looks really good!

In testing during parachute freefall (do mostly HALOs), there is slight clipping on the right-side. Neck pops through. FYI.

Thanks for the mod. Use all the time.

Thats normal, because we don't have access to the full points of the body thats what happens. We must wait for them to release it. The only way I found around it is to beef up that area.

I have updated to now use nv goggles slot which allows the balaclava to be worn with helmet and goggles. First post updated

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Any chance to get this great stuff to Play withSix?

Im not a huge fan of the program but if someone can tell me how i do that i will. I tried a few months ago after a similar request against my pmc mod and i couldnt work out how and gave up.

My group and me new to ARMA, pretty much depend on the work the boys at six do. As far as I know they had some trouble with auto-update. Best would be to get in touch with Sickboy

Edited by Novahot

Hey guys.

Sorry for the slight bump here, but no point in making a new thread for it.

The mod itself seems to work fine, the balaclavas add as they should and so on, but they're invisible.

Whenever i wear one, nothing changes. There are no icons in the inventory either, and nothing shows up when I equip them.

What's wrong?