by

Hulahuga

tumblr_m4v77qfrwn1qmqs6fo1_500.jpg

Now with spanking new hosting!

Page on Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20862

Download now: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20862&a=dl

Dev-Heaven Project Site: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/hulazone/activity

Description:

The purpose of this mod is to expand upon what Engima created with the original Escape Chernarus mod by adding a host of new features (see below for implemented, in the works and planned features). My friends and I have been enjoying ourselves with playing this mod for the past couple of months whilst I have been continuously iterating on it, and now we are sharing it with you!

This is still quite an early build, and it is also my first attempt at modding ArmA 2 (I usually use CryEngine 3), but there shouldn't be any major issues as we have given this a go now with up to full squads of eight people without any major hickups :).

Everything implemented thus far has been in line with the lore/context of the imagined scenario to the best of my abilities. Nota bene that I do not want to bloat the mission with too many variations of the same weapons, or too many different weapon types with different ammunition, but rather up the variety a bit with an emphasis on creating new gameplay possibilities.

Features:

More weapon types (among other things OA weapons that fit within the context of the mod have been added so far, with some tweaks made to the original loot drop values as well. NV scopes and silenced weapons are among the extremely high value loot)

More cars, tanks, APCs, motorcycles added to both the civilians and the Chedaki forces, as well as to roadblocks.

More enemy variation, village militias/undercover Chedaki forces will now stalk you as well

Searchlights on the airstrips

Helicopters & Planes added to the three airstrips, watch out though, the enemy might use them against you(!)

"Micro-" and "ultralight" gliders added to some locations on the map (including grenade drops on inattentive enemies)

BD-5 - Microjet

GNT - Cessnas

New fixed defenses on the northwest airfield, including a number of AA defenses, as well as a parked tank

New/edited/removed journal entries; should now prove for a bit more entertaining, as well as efficient read plus some other minor text tweaks.

Boats

Saves have been enabled for all of you who enjoy longer campaigning.

Norrn's Fastrope mod has been added for all your co-op raid needs (please report any issues you may find)

Inko Disposable launchers have also been added to properly represent launchers such as the rpg18 and save you a bit of inventory space (please report any issues you may find)

VANT - Tactical Shield (don't know who would actually find this supremely useful, but heck it is fun, and could create some interesting gameplay when protecting the medics reviving your team-mates in battle)

AEK 971 & 973

R3F French weapon pack (FAMAS, new snipers, Minimi, HK417 & a new AT-launcher)

Westernized Russian w-pack (Magpul AK & Vituaz KN; two new SMG/short barreled assault rifles)

Vilas Eastern and Western w-pack (select pieces)

RQ-11 Raven scout drone

Backpacks (including Len’s)!

Place-able heavy weapons (such as a mortar)!

Configurable day/night cycle.

New longer enemy spawn distance options.

Host options for setting view distance.

Switched to a date with full moon. This also means that as time progresses (especially if you are playing with a time speed up), and you play for a number of days, the nights will grow darker, as you also improve and find new equipment.

Due to your high-profile capture and, soon to be, daring escape the Russians have taken an interest and sent a Spetsnaz company to the area to help the Chedaki hunt you down.

Installation:

If you haven't enabled a mod for ArmA 2 before you just extract the .rar file to your Arma2 install location, start the game, click "Expansions" in the main menu and enable the Escape From Chernarus - HulaZone mod. To play it single-player you either simply host it as a LAN-game or take the mission file (which is available both as a separate download and in the MPMissions folder of the .rar) and put it in your Missions folder of Arma2 and start it as a regular single-player scenario. You also need the Community Base Addons (you need it for most ArmA 2 mods already) which you can download here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Planned features:

Greater enemy variation (more boats, helis, airplanes, APCs, tanks, trucks, cars and motorcycles as well as more diversity among enemy infantry forces with different patrol sizes).

Civilian interaction

Military and Civilian camps out in the wilderness

Bunkers (both manned and long since forgotten)

Military bases (extremely high value loot, but also extremely challenging)

Greater town & airfield garrisons

Optionable OpFor players with side-swap/respawn that will try to track the escapees down/defend high value targets

Radio transmissions from the guerrilla leading the players to the location of some of their camps in the wilderness. This could be dependent on players' scores to simulate a Quid Pro Qou situation where the players have incentive to stick around Chernarus for a while, whilst also committing themselves to more dangerous escapades. The score in this situation would also be extra interesting as it gives negative score for killing civilians.

Bounty system?

Intel system?

More/changeable outfits

Notes:

As this is still a work in progress I would love to hear what you think of it, what you think needs changing, something that could/should be added or if anything simply doesn't work [the way it should be]!

Credits & thanks:

The original scenario was made by Engima of Ostgota Ops, and kudos goes to him for laying the foundation for this mod (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130988-Escape-Chernarus-%28Mission-Release%29)

There are some addons/scripts implemented/"in the works" that are originally created by other authors, and all credit goes to them for their excellent work. All rights are retained as stated by these original authors (their readme files are included in the modfolder and I've kept their .pbos as is and also named them below in the list of features :)).

You are free to redistribute this mod for non-commercial purposes. Derivatives are usually allowed but you need written permission by me to do so :)

- Package included (<500MB) & there is also an option to only download the mission file (1MB)!

Page on Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20862

Mission download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20862&a=dl

Changelog:

2013-07-01 - Update 0.45

Massive rework of the dashboard of the mod: everything is now properly sorted, the spawn chances, number of weapons and magazines dropped homogenized, new statistical analysis of the probable number of unique drops per depot per category (see: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155860-Escape-From-Chernarus-HulaZone&p=2425672&viewfull=1#post2425672 ).

Some code reorganization, following the rework of the dashboard.

Lower spawn chance per item overall to account for all the new weapons, albeit a slightly higher drop chance for some place-able heavy weapons.

Boats.

New airplanes (minijets and Cessnas) and different kinds of gliders spawning on the airfields and countryside.

New fixed defenses on the northwest airfield, including a number of AA defenses, as well as a parked tank.

New/edited/removed journal entries; should now prove for a bit more entertaining, as well as efficient read plus some other minor text tweaks.

New guard type (introducing a new weapon for the guards, which should be able to diversify the early gameplay quite a lot), as well as some new enemy types.

Two new roadblock vehicles (including one that is quite deadly ;)).

Some new ambient vehicles.

The roaming ATV with the US soldier should now be removed.

2013-06-20 - Update 0.41

All form of backpacks have been properly added and are verified functioning in-game (this includes the UAV, Heavy weapons, backpacks and ammo packs).

2013-06-05 - Update 0.4

Removed the starting backpacks of all players.

Fixed the time speedup; the host can now set the length of the day/night cycle.

Switched to a date with full moon. This also means that as time progresses (especially if you are playing with a time speed up), and you play for a number of days, the nights will grow darker, as you also improve and find new equipment.

Due to your high-profile capture and, soon to be, daring escape the Russians have taken an interest and sent a Spetsnaz company to the area to help the Chedaki hunt you down.

A new guard type at the prison.

ALICE Pack re-added to loot list.

2013-06-02 - Update 0.33.

All new backpacks (25 of them), place-able heavy weapons, rpg and metis ammo-backpack for the loaders

2 different rangefinders

RAVEN UAV-drone

New outfits (as the ArmA 2 models can't use backpacks - these are still not the final models though as I have found some really cool ones among the OA units which I think you will enjoy, but as they are different "sides" the revive script starts acting up, any help would be appreciated)

Longer hijacking and transmission countdown to make it a bit more realistic (the "spotter" can crack it faster than the others).

2013-06-02 - Mod taken to 0.3!

88 new weapons

Some new vehicles

New stationary weapons and one or two new enemies!

2013-06-01 - New hosting

And there I broke the bandwidth of dropbox. Darn. Re-hosted now on google Drive which shouldn't have a limit on the amount of files set to public (link to mission file updated). Have also sent a request to host it on DevHeaven.

2013-05-31 - 0.2 Quickfix

Quick change in the dependencies. See below for a list of current dependent addons as well as the current addon package that is in the works.

2013-05-30 - 0.2 Hotfix

Tiny fix for the Fastrope script which should work now exclusively on the UH-choppers, will look into if it might work on the Mi-7.

Somewhat edited some of the texts.

Current dependencies:

CBA_CO

INKO Disposable launchers

Norrn SP/MP Fast Rope

Tactical shields - VANT_ArmA2_OA

Eastern weapons - Vilas AKS Pack

Vilas Weapons Pack Update

Westernized Russian Weaponpack

R3F_ARMES

AEKS 971 & 973

Len's backpacks

RQ-11 RAVEN

Current addon package:

Equipment

RQ-11_RAVEN

VANT_ArmA2_OA

Vilas AKS Pack

_Westernized Russian Weaponpack

R3F_ARMES

AEKS_971

Vilas Western Pack

Vilas Weapons Pack Update

Len's backpacks

Scripts

INKO Disposable Launchers

Norrn SP/MP Fast Rope

Vehicles

BD-5J

Cessna c185

Kyo Microlight

Edited by Hulahuga

Thanks for sharing! Have you played it in SP mode, is it tuned for this? I'm very interested to play an Escape mission in SP mode.

Thanks for sharing! Have you played it in SP mode, is it tuned for this? I'm very interested to play an Escape mission in SP mode.

Thanks for your comment!

Just did and can confirm that it works perfectly fine! :). The parameters seem to be pre-setup though when playing it in SP-mode, I'll look into what I can do about that :)

Also: added a changelog to the original post so that people (myself included) can keep track of when changes happen.

As soon as I've tried out a new update I'll release it on the dropbox folder (which Armaholic routes to).

Hi

this sounds very interesting, but 500 MB Addon pack for just 1 mission is a bit much imho. Not that i dont have/use a shitload of addons myself (200 in my ArmA Launcher -its kinda my own WarMod), but for a mission maybe it makes sense to concentrate on 2 big mods to be able create enough variation, maybe something like lingor units and ACE, or something like that.

What would really help, if u can list the exact addons with links here, so we can see if we have some of them already (in my case its very likely i already have all of them- but i load them very controlled to prevent errors)

Anyways, i cant wait to see this mission with lots of variation in the content, i really like that idea, thanks for ur work and sharing it with the pubic :)

this sounds very interesting, but 500 MB Addon pack for just 1 mission is a bit much imho.

First, it is good from the point of being user friendly... but yes, I was thinking the same, please Hulahuga let us know about the dependencies! My OA dir already is 70 GB and I'm really just interested in the -mod= line.

Hey guys!

Glad to see the interest :). Would love to hear more about what you think of it as you get a chance to play and to hear what you would like to see implemented!

To clarify (added in the description) you have an option to download only the mission file as the link to the hosting leads to a folder where you can download a .rar with the entire package as a mod folder & MPMissions folder as well as a mission only .pbo =).

Also added a list underneath the changelog with the current/in the works dependencies =)

Btw:

Just escaped the camp, now where the f**k are we?

http://wodumedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Uruguayan-United-Nations-peacekeepers-watch-M23-rebel-positions-on-the-outskirts-of-Goma-DR-Congo-on-November-18-2012.-Government-soldiers-fled-Goma-in-large-numbers-as-rebels-advanced-to-the-gates-of-the-regional-capital.-Ph-960x638.jpg (171 kB)

Also, guess what might be coming next?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dbf0252dc24aa9e625225d282e9803f4/tumblr_mj9we8d4mN1s73s0lo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Hulahuga

---Updated Dependencies---

Removed all the dependencies to the mod-pack that have not yet been added to the actual mission (even though they are being worked on/soon to be implemented fully) to avoid pesky error messages. Took a bit of time to nail it completely as the INKO disposable launchers uses a different name than its actual .pbo (inko_disposables_oa), with no real reference to it anywhere (had to check the .cfg).

Current dependencies can now be found in the OP.

It works, but in SP what if I get hit and the unconscious cam appears? Nobody can help...

It works, but in SP what if I get hit and the unconscious cam appears? Nobody can help...

So then you are dead ;). I guess I could take a look at the revive script and simply either kill the character or add one or two automatic revives after 30 sec for SP... What would you like to see happen?

Edited by Hulahuga

Auto revives, tbh., no matter if its unrealistic... Its pretty hard to play as SP. BTW, in SP it says "unlimited lives" but currently this is wrong. 2 revives would be great IMO.

It always says unlimited lives actually, it is the same for the two game modes there :). Yepp yepp, will add it to the list and look into it after the exam period (test on Tuesday) :D. Thanks for the feedback!

This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links.

This suspension is temporary.

Please visit Dropbox support if you have any questions.

- The Dropbox Team

DA FUCK?

Aight, dev-heaven it is, hang tight guys and gals.

Edit: Hosting it through Google Drive in the meantime, which shouldn't have a restriction on public files.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B1gLNzIp_v_NV3Z4MW9DZEhlT3c

Edited by Hulahuga

---Update 0.3---

88 new weapons have been added to the game, as well as some new vehicles, stationary weapons and one or two new enemies!

@tortuosit - I've also tried out dying in SP, and as it is right now you simply get the revive cam for a second and then you die and loose the mission :), but I'll look into auto revives as said before!

Edited by Hulahuga

Good news, thanks Hula. I think there's a lot of demand for the SP side in ArmA. Especially the adult people with family and jobs, who cannot afford to play hrs. of MP... :( Well, we have a choice :)

Your exams are more important now.

Good news, thanks Hula. I think there's a lot of demand for the SP side in ArmA. Especially the adult people with family and jobs, who cannot afford to play hrs. of MP... :( Well, we have a choice :)

Your exams are more important now.

That's why you now have a save function ;). Though a little word of warning: it only seems to store the state of the world and the host, the other players will spawn without equipment for some reason (someone pls confirm), so my tip when you want to save is to get a car or something which your teammates can put their gear inside :)

---Update 0.33!---

All new backpacks (25 of them), place-able heavy weapons, rpg and metis ammo-backpack for the loaders,

2 different rangefinders

RAVEN UAV-drone

New outfits (as the ArmA 2 models can't use backpacks - these are still not the final models though as I have found some really cool ones among the OA units which I think you will enjoy, but as they are different "sides" the revive script starts acting up, any help would be appreciated)

Longer hijacking and transmission countdown to make it a bit more realistic (the "spotter" can crack it faster than the others).

PS: You can now put any queries you have on Dev-Heaven if you want to, and it might also be a good way to track new updates and whatnot.

Edited by Hulahuga

I saved the game and when I try to resume it gets stuck on receiving data, any suggestions?

Hi there, thanks for playing!

Aight so first off the bat, what version are you running, how many were you playing with, what arma version are you running, did you have any other mods enabled when you saved the game?

Some general tips though in regards to the saving and loading (which me and some pals of mine did with the latest version yesterday a ton of times without error) to avoid any errors:

Make sure you load the game again with the exact same mod-folders enabled as when you saved the game.

Check what version of the game you are running and if you updated it in between.

Load the game with the same players/characters as when you saved.

Most importantly, wait a while. I thought I was stuck, but when I load at least I come to a black screen getting stuck with the loading bar at maximum, wait there for a little while, then comes another load screen (which in my case shows the JSRS backdrop), and then it says loading data or receiving in white text on a black background without any load bars, and then you get in (this took us max 1 min).

If it still doesn't work you can always try to "revert" back to an older save file or something, but this works for us at least.

If this still doesn't work out for you I would love to hear more about it so that I know what to fix (if possible, a lot of the issues are often dependent on the engine and gameworld itself).

Never mind, found out that I was missing the extended event handlers file. Works perfect now.

Good to hear! =)

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 ----------

---Update 0.4---

Added

Removed the starting backpacks of all players.

Fixed the time speedup; the host can now set the length of the day/night cycle.

A new guard type at the prison.

ALICE Pack re-added to loot list.

To be added - Next Update

"Micro-" and "ultralight" gliders added to some locations on the map (including grenade drops on inattentive enemies).

BWP - Microjet.

GNT - Cessnas, including a seaplane version.

Camps.

Fixed garrisons at the airfields.

To be looked into - Probably for a future update

Custom unit classes. For players to be able to choose another set of outfits, for enemies to be able to set their equipment.

Radio transmissions from the guerrilla leading the players to the location of some of their camps in the wilderness. This could be dependent on players' scores to simulate a Quid Pro Qou situation where the players have incentive to stick around Chernarus for a while, whilst also committing themselves to more dangerous escapades. The score in this situation would also be extra interesting as it gives negative score for killing civilians.

Civilian interaction to avoid unnecessary civilian deaths.

Edited by Hulahuga

Thx! I want to play with:

BAF;PMC;@CBA_CO;@JSRS;@inko;@norrn_dbo_fastrope;@cowarmod;@sthud;@st_bunnyhop;@st_map_auto_brightness;@fullnvgoggles;@tao_foldmap

But last version says:

zwischenablage-19czpr.png

Did you add dependencies?

EDIT: Ah you did as I can see in first post. As a service, can you provide a mod line like mine above in your first post? This is because I update my mods wizh Armarize (alternative to PlayWithSix) and best is if I search for the exact modname. TIA :)

BTW, I have a fantastic idea ;) If mission makers would provide mod lines for their necessary dependencies, like "@CBA_CO;@inko;@norrn_dbo_fastrope" front ends could have a capability of pasting it from clipboard and auto select the mods for download (if in the pw6 network). In Armarize the mod selector could check the mods which it has parsed from the clipboard. I'll immediately post that idea to the Armarize guy :) [EDIT: done]

Edited by tortuosit

Haha, awesome man :). It should read the .pbos as well and take a look at the mission.sqm to see what is listed there too :)

Well I added it as close to the mod line as possible in the dependency list, but the file name and the addonname in the .cfg file are all to often different, resulting in a bit of a naming mismatch at times :P. I did add what you search for on armaholic anyhow to the names where you have any major differences.

Edited by Hulahuga

We have been playing the mod for a couple of days now, Still not seen any backpacks or the drone, Any pointers?

We have been playing the mod for a couple of days now, Still not seen any backpacks or the drone, Any pointers?

Howdy!

Thanks for playing :).

First off what version have you been playing, and how many ammo depots have you raided? Worth noting is that the chances of finding the best backpacks are pretty slim (I might up it though).

I'll look into this though for sure!