Sign in to follow this  
PlacidPaul

Placid Packs

Hello,

I intend to add missions into each category.

All missions have group respawn. If no medic is available, everyone can bandage themselves enough to atleast walk.

Credits:

Scripts:

• Support Radio by Neokika
  • Tire Fix Script by Neokika
  • UPSMON by Kronzky/Monsada/Rafalsky
  • Lea Loadout Editor by [s.o.E]
  • CreateSmoke by kylania
  • Simple Gaurd Post by Tophe
  • Random House Patrol by Tophe
  • F2 Parameters and spectator by Fer
  • RUIS - Random Unit Invasion Script 1.2 by Igneous01

Special Thanks:

for great mission examples and logic

AnimalMother92, [FHQ], sander

5ee23abc-c171-484a-965b-ea0fdd107495_zps69a8018d.jpg

HYDRA PACK

Concept:

Armaholic -Hydra Pack (@)

Hydra is a metaphor for the mission style/concept/experiment, lol. The idea is to have a mission that consists of 1 difficult primary objective, but many optional objectives, like the many heads of a hydra. Complete each optional objective to make the primary easier, or go straight to primary, which should be possible for a tight group. Choice is yours.

Hydra Extraction co10

Description: Extract a political prisoner, being held in Shapur. Thin prisoner security by completing optional objectives. Optional slot for OPFOR commander. SP is possible (groups join BushMaster-One)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v2uj0yl382cdano/Co10_Hydra_Extraction.Shapur_BAF.pbo

requirements

• A2
  • A2 OA
  • BAF

Hydra Exposure co10

Description: Expose the atrocities happening in Thirsk. This will be similar to extraction, but is more what I envisioned with hydra, with help from map. No SP

SummerThirsk

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3e3c41oc5fn66c/Co10_Hydra_Exposure.Thirsk.pbo

requirements

WinterThirsk

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ambidjmboll1zwv/Co10_Hydra_Exposure.ThirskW.pbo

requirements

ESBEKISTAN PACK

I just love this map! Runs great, and I would like to highlight missions with Higher View distance (but will still allow for changes in game).

Armaholic -Esbekistan Pack (@) v3.0"]Esbekistan Pack (@) v3.0[/url]

BACKDOOR co14 ACE

6e292998-6abb-465d-86b4-882be3b72e05_zpsfd8e6316.jpg

Description: Flank the Russian advancement, move to recently overrun FOB PuestoMate, and airlift intact armor back to airfield. Optional alternate :p ending.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zd4d5514nrp1en6/Co14_ACE_Backdoor_V2.esbekistan.pbo

requirements

BACKLASH co10 ACE

1c5c0105-94b1-41a4-a3cb-4a53a79e7a78_zps51208d0e.jpg

Description: Investigate Zregurat, reports claim Russian Spetsnaz supporting insurgency.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bct68zffxdl8j2s/Co10_ACE_Backlash.esbekistan.pbo

requirements

FREESTYLE PACK

My Missions without category.

Freestyle pack

BOX OF ROCKS co8 ACE v2

863bb8bf-ddfd-4ff0-bb77-07a88a547f57_zps7023fbd3.jpg

Description: With the slim assistance from the US NAVY, Search and Destroy active Artillery and Scud Launchers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd2h50xt2xo4jrn/Co8_ACE_Box_of_Rocks_V2.Woodland_ACR.pbo

requirements

• A2
  • A2 OA
  • ACR
  • ACE

Caribou Trail co6 ACE

ad91129d-38a2-4c42-8133-23ec57590201_zpsc478aa6c.jpg

Description: Investigate last known position of a downed air crew.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xe7owirnwwbppdo/Co6_ACE_Caribou_Trail.Caribou.pbo

requirements

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

For possible future use..

By possible, i mean the wife and kids leaving me :j:

Edited by PlacidPaul

Looks great! We have tested one of the early versions of "Hydra Extraction" on the CiA server and had a blast. The 'Hydra' concept is very appealing and fun. Highly recommended!

"Box of Rocks" sounds awesome, always loved to hunt for firing artillery pieces! Will be uploaded ASAP. Looking forward to "Hydra Exposure", Thirsk is just lovely.

Too bad we don't have Esbeskistan on the new CiA addon requirement list.

Thanks PlacidPaul!

Edited by Variable

*Update* ESBEKISTAN Pack, mission; "Backdoor" v1.01 Fixed optional objective not ending properly, clearer markers, tweaked briefing.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Too bad we don't have Esbekistan on the new CiA addon requirement list.

Thanks Variable

I assumed cia didn't use Esbekistan. I not sure how many people use this map, but I think its a great infantry map. I don't really dig takistan too much, but just love esbekistans town, terrain, walls, a size. Can have some amazing firefights there. Towns are built more like chernarus, instead of one road through valley.

I'll be interested if anyone actually plays the "backdoor" mission. It's somewhat of a Hmmwv type mission, which is difficult when everyones instinct seems to be to just keep driving. I didn't want a rolling shooting convoy type mission. I tried to give some hints with map markers. Please anyone who does play it take some time and use optics and use the gear in the SOVs it's loaded down. I would love to hear how this could be improved.

Edited by PlacidPaul

*Update* Esbekistan Pack mission "Backdoor" v2. This time a large reworking, shorting the mission, improving performance, and increasing resistance to objective.

Just "finished" a SP playthrough of BACKDOOR co14 ACE. It ended badly for Bravo and Charlie. Ambushed at my first OP just to the south of Arobster, then schwacked at my second OP just west of the objective. I really need to work on my SP squad control if I'm going to do this right, but I'm hoping to run through it again with some clan members soon.

Nice one, PP!

*New Mission* I'm still new to mission editing, so any constructive criticism or comments would be appreciated.

This mission is pretty open as far as what way to plan attack. Perimeter security forces will move to thirsk, if the leading officer is not put down. Calling transport is now your responsibility, so establishing a secure LZ will need preplanning, before security forces converge. Nine optional objectives are interconnected to primary task and some to each other. The object is not to just to complete every optional objective, but to make a overall plan that includes some of the optional objectives.

I'm not sure I will do any hydra missions soon, working on a couple of esbekistan missions next.

Hydra Exposure co10

Description: Expose the atrocities happening in Thirsk. This will be similar to extraction, but is more what I envisioned with hydra, with help from map.

SummerThirsk

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3e3c41oc5fn66c/Co10_Hydra_Exposure.Thirsk.pbo

requirements

WinterThirsk

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ambidjmboll1zwv/Co10_Hydra_Exposure.ThirskW.pbo

requirements

Edited by PlacidPaul

Excellent work buddy!!! I was wondering when you'd make something public. I'll have to join you guys for a quickie when I catch you online again. Keep it up!!

*NEW MISSION (ESBEKISTAN)*

Objectives are, secure Zregurat, and investigate presence of Russian Spetsnaz operatives. Then await further orders, you can guess the rest by the title.

This mission uses RUIS - Random Unit Invasion Script 1.2 by Igneous01

I also found a new source of sound files! Over 2000, some crap, but with audacity the good ones can be broken into even more. If anyone is interested take a listen, and give my a P.M. on how to get them.

This mission uses group respawn, but your group will receive reinforcements at some point. It also uses the BIS health modules, as it felt necessary.

BACKLASH co10 ACE

1c5c0105-94b1-41a4-a3cb-4a53a79e7a78_zps51208d0e.jpg

Description: Investigate Zregurat, reports claim Russian Spetsnaz supporting insurgency.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bct68zffxdl8j2s/Co10_ACE_Backlash.esbekistan.pbo

requirements

@tvig0r0us, thanks for the encouragement buddy. Summer has been very busy here. Hope we can get together soon. Would love to help test UC for A3, please give me notice so we can. I know all you need is free time to make it purr.

Shameless promotion here -Urban-Conquest-by-tvig0r0us

Edited by PlacidPaul

I dont know how I missed these :P

Will give them a playthrough later tonight. Especially the ESBEKI one, though I have to download it first. Hmm organize them based on map. Why didnt I think of that >.<

BOX OF ROCKS co10 ACE

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s603/Coheed_IV/863bb8bf-ddfd-4ff0-bb77-07a88a547f57_zps7023fbd3.jpg

Description: With the slim assistance from the US NAVY, follow the sounds of active artillery through the fog, and destroy all three D-30's. Make decision to extract or destroy Scud Missiles near river. SP is possible

Hey PlacidPaul,

We tried this version and the feedback I emailed you after playing the previous version pretty much remains the same:

• The split to two men teams makes it hard on managing the group.
  • No ATs although lots of vehicles of the map, some of them armored.
  • There are more than 100 units on the map and since this is an assault mission I don't see how can we avoid facing at least most of them. It's pretty much impossible for a 10 men team.
  • There are no medics in the mission, and also no medical equipment although the ACE medical system is enabled. Medical equipment and medics are essential if the system is active.
  • The support menu is empty, there's a script error with "addAction" maybe it's related.
  • Way too many machine gunners and too few ammo boxes for them. Team composition will be great if there will be MG gunners, Marksmen, ammo bearers and medics.
  • When all the team dead it says both mission accomplished and all your team is dead.

I think this mission got potential, could be fun! :)

Hey PlacidPaul,

We tried this version and the feedback I emailed you after playing the previous version pretty much remains the same:

• The split to two men teams makes it hard on managing the group.
  • No ATs although lots of vehicles of the map, some of them armored.
  • There are more than 100 units on the map and since this is an assault mission I don't see how can we avoid facing at least most of them. It's pretty much impossible for a 10 men team.
  • There are no medics in the mission, and also no medical equipment although the ACE medical system is enabled. Medical equipment and medics are essential if the system is active.
  • The support menu is empty, there's a script error with "addAction" maybe it's related.
  • Way too many machine gunners and too few ammo boxes for them. Team composition will be great if there will be MG gunners, Marksmen, ammo bearers and medics.
  • When all the team dead it says both mission accomplished and all your team is dead.

I think this mission got potential, could be fun! :)

Dam, I never saw that email, until now. Sorry about that. But, I think I agreed with most of those issues in the email, but I guess I didnt' fix enough. I just quickly fixed some script errors now, as when released, I had -showScriptError with no s in my target line.:confused: Embarrassing.

These shouldn't have messed much, you will gain support as you complete objectives. I think it says that in briefing, is that at least functioning?

About ACE wounds I don't have it enabled. How did it seem like ace wounds? Team structure is fucked, will add medic to each team.

I sometimes hate in group respawn how sometimes one person uses all my respawns, so I had it that way. will change.

As far as weapons and team structure I will change to more of a normal set up. That tall backpack is weird with ace aswell. But, I never thought not having rockets would be that bad, there are rockets on nearly every enemy team, and only one Vodnik, and uaz.

Enemy density was thinned out since the early version you played, and some should not go hunting you UPSMON style, plus extraction is optional without final objective complete. Will look this over again. I was kinda blown away by what you guys can handle, with my hydra mission, but different map different weapons.

The briefing html with two meanings, i'm not sure yet, will try to fix.

Probably should haven't emailed you the first version, sorry about that. Let me try to fix some issues.

Edited by PlacidPaul

No problem.

I really recommend trying to test alone/with friends and see if the mission makes sense and beatable. Even with some of the units on hold, there's simply too many around.

Also, I remember spectating those artillery sites - At least one of them is just stationed alone in the middle of nowhere which looks a bit odd.

About the medical system - the chopper is filled with ACE medical aids, which made me think you used ACE medical system. If you are not, make sure to remove those and add BIS first aid module.

Group respawn in a single team is a great thing which we play with for several years now. If the mission is for 10 players, usually it will be played with about 7+ players.

Alright, I took a long hard look at how I was making missions and made some major changes. I decided to completely erase Box of Rocks and redesign it. Hopefully now it is a much better mission overall, by function and gameplay. Hope you will give it another try.

Also, checkout new mission below.

BOX OF ROCKS co8 ACE v2

863bb8bf-ddfd-4ff0-bb77-07a88a547f57_zps7023fbd3.jpg

Description: With the slim assistance from the US NAVY, Search and Destroy active Artillery and Scud Launchers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd2h50xt2xo4jrn/Co8_ACE_Box_of_Rocks_V2.Woodland_ACR.pbo

requirements

• A2
  • A2 OA
  • ACR
  • ACE

This mission was a blast to make, hope someone gives it a go. The landscape of Caribou Frontier is incredible. This mission will unfold as you progress.

Caribou Trail co6 ACE

ad91129d-38a2-4c42-8133-23ec57590201_zpsc478aa6c.jpg

Description: Investigate last known position of a downed air crew.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xe7owirnwwbppdo/Co6_ACE_Caribou_Trail.Caribou.pbo

requirements

Edited by PlacidPaul

Sounds great! Glad to see more ACE coop missions. I will upload these to the CiA server ASAP, and will definitely give a new try to Box of Rock".

Thanks PlacidPaul!

Caribou Trail is a very nice mission... we only added ace-wounds and our units+loadout... i whish there would be more missions like this on armaholic... the cz75-clan loved to play it.

Edited by survivorluz