Info:

-Terrains: Plei Trap Valley

Tags: ArmA II cO - Sp campaign - unsung - Vietnam - Operation wayne Grey - RWO

Mini campaign 4 missions featuring:

voice acting

intro-outro

First aid modules

UPS script

2 different characters - 1st mission Aaron Hill - 2nd, 3rd and 4th mission Tom Jenkins

The Story is based on real events happened in the Plei Trap Valley in March 1969

I did not use real names of soldiers who fought and died during "Operation wayne Grey" out of respect.

Installation:

copy the operation Wayne grey.pbo in your Campaigns folder which should be located in your main ArmA folder. Im case you don't have one, you have to create this folder for yourself by naming it Campaigns.

Changelog vers. 1.3

- converted all missions to Unsung version 2.6

- Added voice acting

- Reduced walking distance in mission 2 Rescue Alpha

- Ironed out some general bugs

- Removed enemy respawn from the last mission Ammo low, thus reduced difficulty.

- Fixed all errors I could find in the briefings

- Adjusted some timings in game logics.

Known bugs:

- text messages of audiofiles are not displayed in intro of mission 4.

Everytime I preview it in the editor they are displayed once I pack it into pbo format the intro is lacking the display of the subtitles. Really weird was unable to fix that. I hope it is only on my side.

- Sometimes the medic bug is still appearing in mission 1. I can't fix it.

Changelog vers. 1.2

- text messages of audiofiles are not displayed in mission. FIXED

- Reduced units in some missions to increase performance

Changelog vers. 1.1

General Fixes:

- Added voice acting

- Fixed seIdentity in all missions - thanks tom3kb & h34dup

- Fixed some ranks

Fixes Mission related:

Mission 1: Valley of tears

- Unable to fix medic bug in a reliable manner

- changed some conditions of ending triggers

- added some more links to markers in the briefing

- restructured some textwall in the briefing for better readability

- Rewrote some ingame radio messages

Mission 2: Rescue Alpha

- Shortened a bit the long walk it's still long though.

- enlarged completion radius of players group waypoints. I noticed during a testrun that the groupleader sometimes would miss the waypoints and was swaying of course significantly. I hope that will solve this issue.

- fixed markers which shouldn't have been visible in the first place.

Mission 3: Hill 947

- changed waypoints of the attacking units in order to simultate better the breach into the Us defensive perimeter

Mission 4:

- Added move trigger for Delta 4 PLT. Now Delta will move down Hill only if enemy numbers have been reduced significantly

- Changed trigger ending condition

- Added ammo box markers

- Ammo boxes can be found now by any group member

- Moved ammo boxes closer to each other

Brief mission description

- valley of tears

You are Aaron Hill a combat medic with Alpha Company, 3rd PLT, 3rd Battalion, 8th Infantry 4th Infantry Division. Your company is to air assault into the Plei Trap Valley.

Valley_zpscfd4f706.jpg

- Rescue Alpha

You are Tom Jenkins a machine gunner with Delta Company, 4th PLT, 3rd Battalion, 8th Infantry, 4th Infantry Division. Delta companies mission changes. You are tasked to move to the Alpha ambush site and look for survivors.

Rescue_zps82484fe8.jpg

- Hill 947

Delta company has gained high ground and set up defensive positions on Hill 947. The 66th NVA regiment has encircled their position.

Hill_zpsf5f0c047.jpg

- Ammo low

Delta company is running low on ammunition and supplies. The badly needed ammo supply goes wrong. The parachuted ammo boxes land in enemy territory down the hill. Your task is to find the ammo cases and retrieve them.

Ammo_zps2db4d9e8.jpg

Comment:

The player is rarely in command during the missions. If you are becoming CO then all higher ranks have been killed or are wounded. This small campaign is more for players who don't like being in command.

Forces are about company size. Low end computer will handle this campaign, but AI might be at times unresponsive. When play testing on my I7, the missions run very well. So in case you have a low end computer you might run into these kind of "flaws". Processing power is very important in large scale missions.

Given the sheer amount of units in this missions it is not recommended to approach your objectives in a "John Rambo" playstyle. Having used the first aid modules a Rambo playstyle will penalize you. As a matter of fact you will be more rolling around on the ground, rather than playing the missions. So be cautious all the time.

- Mission 1 "Valley of tears": You are Aaron Hill a combat medic. Try to keep your buddies alive. Choose carefully when to heal somebody of your platoon. Everytime you are trying to heal a wounded you will most likely entering the enemies field of fire.

- Mission 2 "Rescue Alpha": This mission is a night mission. Luckily it is Full moon -- visibility is reduced but you will be able to see something in any case. I used UPS in this mission. You are a machine gunner in Delta 4th platoon named Tom Jenkins. You will have a long walk ahead of you and you can't rush because you are forced to a night march. UPS gives the mission some randomness. If you are lucky there will be only a few fire fights if you don't, well . . .

- mission 3 "Hill 947": The players input during the attack is crucial. Changing positions is constantly required. The enemy has surrounded the hill and you have no other choice than to fight. Do not stay too long in the same position . . . you gonna regret it. Make good use of the foxholes.

- Mission 4 "Ammo low": Delta company is running low on ammo and the supply drop overshot. Guess who is tasked to retrieve the ammo boxes? Don't rush this mission. You might be forced to change multiple times weapon and scrounge whatever you can get your hands on.

Help keeping your buddies alive whenever you can, but don't forget that your firepower is crucial for survival.

a special thanks goes to all the voice actors.

Voice actors in alphabetical order:

- AZCoder

- kommiekat

- Laqueesha

- nettrucker

Thanks for testing and giving valuable feedback

tom3kb - Hacker Slasher - tortuosit - crazyquick - headup - Kommiekat - CYHFC - Mathias_Eichinger - express49 - griton - GodsFist

Credits: - Unsung team for their wonderful MOD

- CBA team

- AZCoder for helping me out with the ammo drop

- Clayman for his Anim viewer

- Kronsky UPS script

- Chris Henderson for his ArmA edit tool

- Charon production Troopmon3 ( for debugging purposes -- not required as addon)

Download Armaholic :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20837

Thanks.

Edited by nettrucker
corrected and added some info

Good, gonna try it asap.

Great, new campaign for Unsung. :) Nice to see that you still make campaigns/missions for arma 2. :)

Hello my friends

yeah I'm still here. I suffered a burnout editing on Hammer of Thor. But now I gonna focus to finish it once for all.

I have done only 1 complete play through: I hope that everything works well.:)

@nettrucker

Can you upload this campaign also somewhere else, i can't download this file from gamefront. Maybe you can send info also to armaholic.

@nettrucker

Can you upload this campaign also somewhere else, i can't download this file from gamefront. Maybe you can send info also to armaholic.

Hello Tom

I contacted Armaholic for a mirror. I guess we have to be patient until they do upload. I'm at work right now so I can't check the download. Does it give you an error message or something?

@ Sgt. Elias Pinto

Yes the Unsung Mod is great I was waiting for a long time for this update, in any case kudos to the UNSUNG team.

cheers

Edited by nettrucker
added comment

No problem, I will wait for Armaholic mirror. :)

It's give me a error message that firefox can't find file:

"http://media1.gamefront.com/guploads/201305/26/11/Operation Wayne grey.rar?b17f4b620c6cf1393ffa644d11eea151ee12995c6f2461e126e601ef5a3f0f0569ff16138594a2f1b165ec34369665246886bad947e7bbd9031439239cd95970d86f520e231e5366831f71418bf2b0748ea0279b7afae59f2a3b1e4cc3bb12dc33fbbf02af3d132bc82970d00c340cb8e55d57ecf0f034."

It's probably becose im from Poland, i remember that few months ago few guys from some countries also have problems with downloading missions from gamefront.

Hi tom

yeah sorry for this inconvenience I try to get it up on Armaholic this evening when back from work.

Thanks

I was eager to play it...

I was eager to play it...

Well I saw on Game Front 9 downloads so not everyone has problems it seems. At least I hope so. Did you try to download it from Game front?

Problem is that i cannot get the file from gamefront.

They blocked Spain among other countries. I'll try to contact Fox to see if he is able to do it.

Problem is that i cannot get the file from gamefront.

They blocked Spain among other countries. I'll try to contact Fox to see if he is able to do it.

Hello Big

I will try to use the upload function on Armaholic. I should have done it yesterday myself but had some difficulties. Thanks.

No need, Fox is working on it. It should be ready in few mins. I already prepared the pages.

Well, here is the mirror.

- [RWO] Operation Wayne Grey (@)

Edited by Big
Mirror added

Thanks guys that is very much appreciated.

I guess I need to figure out how come that in certain countries you can't download from Game Front. Most probably I need to find another free hosting site then.

Sorry for creating some trouble. LOL

Once again thank you very much.

cheers

Edit thanks for the prompt reaction updated OP with Armaholic link

Edited by nettrucker

I always use sendspace.com some people use dropbox. But you can find other hosting sites.

I always use sendspace.com some people use dropbox. But you can find other hosting sites.

I had no idea that downloads from Game Front isn't available in all countries. I gonna use drop box next time. Thanks for the head up.

@ Thanks BIG for your prompt reaction.

Cheers

Hi

I'm trying to get this to work but without success. I keep getting "error in campaign structure" the moment I try to start the campaign.

I'm on the latest A2:OA beta patch and have just installed Unsung 2.5 and the required CBA_OA beta and it all appears to be working. I then extracted the "Operation Wayne grey.rar" into my Campaigns folder like it said in the installation procedure in your Armaholic link. The resulting "Operation Wayne grey" folder contains the files with no extra folders at all.

Any help appreciated.

You must use @Cba_co + beta patch (or @cba,@cba_a2,@cba_oa if you use older version of cba).

Check if you put Operation Wayne Grey.pbo in your ....\arma 2\campaigns.

For exampale:

d:\arma 2\campaigns\Operation Wayne Grey.pbo

Don't make mistake and dont do something like this: d:\arma 2\campaigns\Operation Wayne Grey\Operation Wayne Grey.pbo

@nettrucker

Why in your folder "Operation Wayne Grey"- in archive you have also overview file with picture, mission.sqf and description.ext (we have campaign pbo file so we dont need them for nothing).

Ps: maybe you should also add info that we must put *.pbo file in arma2\campaigns ;)

Edited by tom3kb

You must use @Cba_co + beta patch (or @cba,@cba_a2,@cba_oa if you use older version of cba).

Check if you put Operation Wayne Grey.pbo in your ....\arma 2\campaigns.

For exampale:

d:\arma 2\campaigns\Operation Wayne Grey.pbo

Don't make mistake and dont do something like this: d:\arma 2\campaigns\Operation Wayne Grey\Operation Wayne Grey.pbo

I had to move the PBO into the Campaigns folder - thanks tom3kb!

* It might be worth updating the installation note for noobs ;) *

Hi

I'm trying to get this to work but without success. I keep getting "error in campaign structure" the moment I try to start the campaign.

I'm on the latest A2:OA beta patch and have just installed Unsung 2.5 and the required CBA_OA beta and it all appears to be working. I then extracted the "Operation Wayne grey.rar" into my Campaigns folder like it said in the installation procedure in your Armaholic link. The resulting "Operation Wayne grey" folder contains the files with no extra folders at all.

Any help appreciated.

Hello HackerSlasher

the only file to be placed in the campaign folder is the pbo file. I'm on official patch and not using the betas ATM so I don't know if something has changed with the betas that you get the error in campaign structure. I placed my pho file in my campaign folder and have no problems to run it. Really strange. You are the first to inform me that you are getting an error with the campaign structure. I really don't know what is causing this for being honest. As I said I'm on official patch. Can you check your rpt file if it contains maybe some more info relating to the campaign structure error you get. The only advice I can give . . . is try to run it with the official patch maybe it won't give the error. I really don't know what is causing this.

I'm sorry mate but I can't help you at the moment. Maybe some other players come forward with the same problem as you. The info I have is not sufficient to me to identify the probable cause of the error you're getting.

p.s. Yeah I will update the read me with a more detailed info on what to do once you have extracted the files. Sorry for taking things for granted on how to get customs campaigns to run.

Cheers

Edited by nettrucker

@up

Im 99% sure that he had that error "error in campaign structure" becose he put *pbo file in arma2\campaigns\Operation Wayne grey\*.pbo not in arma2\campaigns\*.pbo

I made this mistake few times :p

Edited by tom3kb

Thanks Tom for helping out.

I will update the read me in order to make it more clear to new ArmA players how to install the campaign.

cheers

Thanks Tom for helping out.

I will update the read me in order to make it more clear to new ArmA players how to install the campaign.

cheers

I'm not actually a new player...I just follow orders ;)

Thanks guys.

Hi HackerSlasher

I was not really referring to you with new player, but you gave me the input to be more clear in how to explain the installation to new folks just getting into ArmA.

BTW did you get it to work or do you have still errors popping up? :)