Sign in to follow this  
gizz46

CMI Command Improvement Mod for Arma 2

Hi everybody,

The Armaverse has some incredible and awesome mods and / modders but I recognized that nobody before tried to overhaul the Commanding menu. When Arma3 came out and there still was no change (from the dev. side ). I decided to start this project

After taking some timeout from my previous CIM – Mod. I still had some ideas that I wanted to implement. So I get back to work and after a long time of trial and error I can finally present you my 3.0 Version of that mod.

So what comes new with version 3.0 ?!

At First it replaces the main menu with my custom one, via a Config file. That also fixed the bug “-that when you were resuming a game/mission the menu wasn’t load-â€.

All other BIS Menus are still functional and can be used as before.

I moved the Menu more in the center of the Screen. So you can keep an eye on the “action†and still have the menu better in sight.

A new feature I also added, is the Unit Interaction System. This gives you the ability to select a Unit of your group with the Mouse cursor.

arma2oa2013-05-1514-23-53-316_zpsa846779a.jpg[/url]

This Time I didn’t Sign this Mod because it works with a replacement file and it is also mainly designed for the Singleplayer-mode of the game.

I tested it with a lot of mission and campaigns and it just works fine.

So I Hope you all will enjoy this little mod.

If anybody with some scripting knowledge has interest in joining/Help/be part of this Project can PM me and his help is highly appreciated

Please feel free to give me your feedback and let me know of any bugs or errors.

Install: Copy the @mycontrolmenu modfolder to your preferred mod location, and call it via command line or mod launcher.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?edc9v85v1ou9p94

Features :

-Team color/member presets

-Unit Interaction System

-Overhauled Menu System

Changelog:

V 3.0

-added some Features /Improvements

-replace Original Menu with custom

-resuming a mission/game works now

V2.0

-added some Features /Improvements

v1.2

- changed displayseteventhandler to displayseteventhandler

- some other small changes

v1.1

- Fixed spelling mistakes

Rights

The Mod works just fine so far, but to be save.

I take no responsibility for any damage on your Savegames, Game or Computer by using that mod.

You are allowed to use this mod in a Mod collection (like COwarMod ect.). (This is my official permission).

You also allowed to modify this mod for your personal use (at your own risk) or use it as a tutorial.

You are not allowed to modify/ copy/ port that mod and release it, without my permission.

Edited by gizz46

thanks for uploading on your site

Well done, I can't believe that BI still haven't improved the default command menu, even in Arma 3. Your mod is what this game desperately needed.

Grazie, Gattobuono

@Foxhound

thanks that's realy awsome

@Gattobuono

thanks, I will port that mod over to ARMA3 also asap.

My Hopes are that BI will bring some improvements to this with the Beta.

Because this actually system feels like stone age (just my opinion ^^ ) and there are so much better ways do do that nowadays,

from a Gamedesign perspective and functional wise

Look great, will test it out.

Thanks for sharing..

Having Ai do more is just the thing

Thanks

Fantastic! Maybe you can ask to put it into six network?

Thank you for this addon, i really appreciate it. Its always nice to get help with the Arma clunky interface. Would be nice to be able to use the mouse also, to select the orders from the menu,(its implemented in Arma 3 version right?, didn't try it though; is it doable in Arma2?). Also where can i get tutorial(text would be enough) with all the features.

Keep up the great work, i'll come up with some other sugestions :p