Sign in to follow this  
arma_bob

Dev Branch

Im currently hosting a server on the stable branch but often get silly hackers in, i've tried adding signature check which does keep the majority out but the game performs horrible with it on so ive disabled it. So I am thinking of switching to the dev build and was wondering, is there many players that actually play on Dev build and do you get plagued with hackers too?

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Scrap that dumb question. Switched to dev myself to take a loo and i think ill stay as I am, loads of empty servers with only 1 server over 20 players!! Maybe I'm not getting the full list I dont know :(

It's an ALPHA ... you should be testing the DEV version anyway!

Otherwise you are playing 1/4 of a game which is useless.

Signature check does not give horrible performance something else must be wrong your end.

Signature check doesn't give horrible performance once it is actually complete. But for a while your game will practically freeze, often resulting in signature check timing out and you having to try the same thing all over again until it finally (maybe) succeeds. Once actually playing, though, freezes are rare (unlike in the first versions of the alpha, where long freezes mid-game were common).