Alpha-Kilo

ArmA 3 Key assignment for programmable controllers, voice recognition software, etc.

I made a spreadsheet which lists the keyboard commands of ArmA 3 and related software and addons which use key commands. This should help people who work with programmable controllers or voice regognition software of any kind. The first column has the name of the commands, then there is the standard key assignment based on QWERTY and QWERTZ keyboard layouts. From here it's your turn: List your controllers and the function of each button and the phrases you intend to use in your voice recognition software.

The screenshot illustrates how I use an older version of this spreadsheet with several Logitech products and VAC voice recognition:
ximg.php?fid=17988596

I have added my profile for the voice recognition software Voice Attack (VA). Some keystrokes have been changed so that you can use these profiles with a QWERTZ keyboard. Others had to be changed in order to avoid conflicts. All activation phrases are in German. The profile works with Windows 10 Pro. You can use it to control your own avatar, your AI subordinates, and the game itself. With this profile you need the keyboard mainly for stances and movement, the rest can be done by voice if you like.

The spreadsheet and the VA profile are based on the APEX key layout and include:
- - ArmA 3

- - ACRE
- - Advanced Combat Environment (ACE3)

- - Blue Hud
- - Bundeswehr-Mod
- - Fraps
- - MRT Accessory Functions

- - Paddle Mod
- - Real Light
- - RHS
- - Steam
- - ShackTac Hud
- - Tao Folding Map
- - Task Force Arrowhead Radio (TFAR)
- - TrackIR
- - VAC

Please use this link to download the spreadsheet and the profile: <Link removed>

The profile and key sheet are now part of the far advanced project SPEAKEASY which you can find here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/211074-speakeasy-voiceattack-profile/

• Like 2

I finally decided to change the file hoster. If you're interested in the file, just use the link provided in the first post. Sending PMs and disclosing your email address is no longer needed.

I updated the opening post with new versions of the spreadsheet and the VAC profile.

I updated the opening post with new versions of the spreadsheet and the VAC profile. As usual, the latest versions of the game and the listed software and addons at the time of editing the opening post are covered.

In the download you'll also find a profile for the new voice recognition software LMC which I am currently testing.

Happy new year!

I updated the opening post with new versions of the spreadsheet and the VAC profile. As usual, the latest versions of the game and the listed software and addons at the time of editing the opening post are covered.

I updated the opening post again. The latest spreadsheet lists commands for both AGM and ACE3. The VAC profile comes in separate versions for AGM and ACE. The ACE-profile is based on info taken from the official ACE-website. It has not been tested because the addon hasn't been published yet.

Meanwhile ACE3 has been released with several new commands. I will update my stuff accordingly. Until I do, please ignore the ACE sections of my list and profile.

New versions of the spreadsheet and the VAC profile are available. As usual, the latest versions of the game and the listed software and addons at the time of editing the opening post are covered. AGM has been replaced by ACE3.

New versions of the spreadsheet and the VAC profile are available. The LMC-profile has been removed. It can still be downloaded from the LMC website.

As usual, the latest versions of the game and the listed software and addons at the time of editing the opening post are covered.

I have made a new version of the spreadsheet using game version 1.58 and the Apex preset. The spreadsheet is accompanied by a profile for Voice Attack (VA). As usual, the purpose of this profile is controlling the avatar and the game itself, it is not designed to order the AI around. The profile has been tested with the German version of Win 10 Pro. I have included a few more addons: ACRE, Blue Hud, and Paddle Mod

The old profile for Voice Activated Commands (VAC) is still there but I won't update it, any more.

Some observations for those who are interested in voice recognition software:

A few keys don't seem to be triggered even if the command is understood by the software. When this happened in VAC my workaround was simply to reconfigure the keys in question. VA, however, gives us a few options to try. If they all fail, you can still reconfigure the keys:

- You can choose either "Windows input" or "Direct X input". Games normally work with the Direct X input method but if a key is not recognized you can try the other method.

- You can also change the duration of the virtual key press: if the input duration is too short the command will be executed but nothing will happen in your game.

- Sometimes simultaneous keystrokes will not be recognized. Then you will have to record a sequence of key presses, instead. (This is not documented in the help file.)

When you train your Windows speech software the instructions tell you to read with a very clear voice as if you were presenting news. I found that I don't talk like that when I speak to my computer. I tend to speak with a low, slightly flat voice. I guess that's because I concentrate on what I'm doing at my PC and the commands are not "acted out". Does this make any sense? Anyway, I completed some training sessions in this voice and this made the speech recognition even better.

If you wonder why I don't use LMC any longer: I have tried and I discussed the result in great detail with Livrot, the author of LMC. From the technological point of view LMC must be the most advanced voice recognition software and Livrot is a kind person who listens to user feedback. LMC has many interesting features but unfortunately this makes the user interface very complex. I find it confusing and unintuitive but I recommend it to anyone who's a bit more technically minded than I am.

• Like 1

New versions of the spreadsheet and the Voice Attack profile are available. This time, I included AI commands. You can use this profile to issue spoken orders to your AI squad. Now there are more than 500 commands in the profile. I don't play with AI very often but I wanted to make the profile more complete and possibly more useful for others. The VAC-profile hasn't been updated and I decided to remove it.

As usual, the latest versions of the game and the listed software and addons at the time of editing the opening post are covered.

• Like 1