Planned changes to movement speeds got rolled out this week and now further tweaks are on-going in Development branch. We would like to focus your feedback by letting you know what was changed, what are we testing, ask how you feel about it, etc.
Overview from terminanimator Pawel Smolewski
- [IMPROVED] Movement speeds have been unified: they are now symmetrical (left / right), for all stances and weapons. Sideways motion is about 80% of forward speed. Backwards motion is around 70% of forward speed for a given stance.
- [IMPROVED] Each travelling mode has substantially different speed to another.
- [IMPROVED] Travelling with pistol out is slightly faster than rifle and significantly faster than launcher movement.
- [ADDED] New urban prone positions in both rifle/pistol stances (left / right). They are unique because they allow you to move sideways unlike other prone adjust stances.
- [IMPROVED] Adjust left states improved for rifle / pistol (more lean, weapon on the left side of the head). Adjust right are more leaned to the side.
- [IMPROVED] Adjust posture now differ in default weapon location in the first person view to better indicate adjust posture.
Motivation for movement speed changes:
- More immersive (more ‘down to Earth’ values)
- Better control (as in other tactical shooters)
- Significant differences in travelling modes
Interested mostly in feedback on:
- Sprint speed (rifle / pistol)
- Combat pace speed (rifle / pistol)
- Crawling speeds
Still to do:
- Relaxed movement (will be just slightly slower / more relaxed than combat movement)
- Unarmed movement (will be about the same speed as combat movement)