Sign in to follow this  
g00d69

Barret M107/M82 "Blackened"

3d9f9a36-72d4-438f-8672-51f0eb26d95e.jpg

Hello

Let me introduce my addon Barret M107/M82 "Blackened" (nickname cause all black) V1.5

1365879435-arma3-2013-04-13-20-33-03-69.png 1365879507-arma3-2013-04-13-20-36-45-33.png

Changelog V1.5

-Explosives ammo and magazines added ( 127x99_10rnds_explo )

-Added one new muzzle brake ( Muzzle_explo )

-New recoil based on GM6 lynx values

-New high poly lens and texture for scopes

-Fixed invisible end of barrel without muzzle

-Classnames have been modified, please see "New classnames.txt" included with addon.

In editor, Weapon Box : Empty > ammo > m107_box

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog V1.4

-All the files are include in only one .pbo now.

-Recoil has been increased.

-Now magazine hide during reloading

-Fixes and changes about optic and scopes parameters

-Added different muzzle flashes for each muzzles

-Some minor tweaks about sound volume

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog V1.3

-Damages of weapon and ammos have been Increased

-Added percing ammos and magazines :

B_127x99_percing

127x99_10rnds_percing

-Optics scopes changed to Mildot style and zoom added

-some textures fixes

Changelog V1.2:

-New weapon sounds made by LordJarhead (creator of J.S.R.S. Soundmod).Big big thanks to him for making these sounds for my M107 addon.

-removed oval shape of scopes and optic and come back to traditional shape

-minor changes on optic design

-zeroing now set at 800m by default

Changelog V1.1

-Added 12.7x99mm caliber ammo and 10 rounds magazines :

127x99_10rnds_mag (magazine)

B_127x99_Ball (ammo)

-Fixed some shadow issues

-Fixed muzzle proxy position

-Fixed memory point for ironsight on weapon without scop

-Some tweaks about weapon config and scopes range for testing (now zeroing is set at 1200m by default)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featured accessories:

-2 scopes :

Leupold (fictional model):

1365884221-arma3-2013-04-13-22-15-40-76.png

Leupold with BORS® system (actually just for esthetic and no functionnal):

1365879744-arma3-2013-04-13-20-36-04-23.png 1365879816-arma3-2013-04-13-20-36-19-14.png

-NV an thermal vision modes:

1364511779-arma3-2013-03-28-23-53-04-92.png1364511694-arma3-2013-03-28-23-51-50-42.png

-2 new muzzles dedicated for M107 (muzzle suppressor and QDL supressor):

1365886355-arma3-2013-04-13-20-38-02-17.png[/url] 1365879895-arma3-2013-04-13-20-39-24-20.png

100% compatible with Arma 3 weapon items

Using 12.7x99mm caliber ammo and 10 rounds magazines

You can find the weapons and items in editor : Empty> ammo> M107_box

Classnames are included in the readme file.

Lot of things still need to be fixed and there will be updates...thanks to let me know bugs that you will meet...

Credits:

Big big thanks to LordJarhead (creator of J.S.R.S. Soundmod) for making weapon sounds for my addon.

Bohemian Samples files

Bohemian Wiki for useful scripts and weapon config

Barret website for some models inspiration

Download link V1.5 Updated : http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/65159596/file.html

Edited by g00d69

THANK YOU! :D

I will be trying this out as soon as i can, but now it's 23:34, so that'll be tomorrow.

And knowing myself, i'll be using this for 2 - 3 hours.

First off, I would like to say, great job on the model and exchangeable scopes and muzzles, they're fantastic.

Having said that, here are a few things I'd like to point out (though I'm sure you're aware of them).

The scope: I'm not sure if it is meant to be this way and I have no knowledge of this scope but the objective lens is not a circle, but an oval, and the view when scoped in is the same way. But, once again, I have no knowledge of this scope, so I may be incorrect by saying that this is wrong.

The muzzles: I was looking at the model when I notices that the muzzle didn't quite touch the tip of the barrel and was just floating there.

The reload: I know there aren't many animations to go off of, especially ones that pertain to sniper rifles, so it's alright for the time being. Another thing, is that when you are reloading, the mag stays in the rifle.

The gun shot sound: the sound definitely needs a change, and I know that you changed the sound for when the suppressor is on the rifle.

The damage: now, don't get me wrong on this, I know it's a "one shot killer" but it was meant to be and anti-material rifle, meant to blow holes in walls and stop vehicles. As it stands, this rifle can only effectively kill a man. It cannot stop a vehicle.

The iron sights: your model has them, but when you remove the scope they are not in effect and it just zooms like it has a scope on it still.

Other than these few things, the rifle is great and damn near flawless, great job!

The gun shot sound: the sound definitely needs a change, and I know that you changed the sound for when the suppressor is on the rifle.

The damage: now, don't get me wrong on this, I know it's a "one shot killer" but it was meant to be and anti-material rifle, meant to blow holes in walls and stop vehicles. As it stands, this rifle can only effectively kill a man. It cannot stop a vehicle.

Other than these few things, the rifle is great and damn near flawless, great job!

That's about everything I had to say about this mod. :) The model is very good! Just try to make it feel more like you're shooting a 50 cal and not a EBR. :D

Model looks good, keep us posted about updates! (released on CFr website)

hello

Thank you for your feedbacks :).so i will try ton answer to all questions

First, about the oval scop, i wanted to make something original and futuristic for 2035 but if there is a lack of realism or if its not easy to use, so, i will come back to a more traditional shape.

Muzzle problem is now fixed.(will be in next update)

I am planning to find real m107 sounds.

I will try to resolve reload issues.

and last, i have created weapon class based on those from EBR class, and so , at this time he has the same caracteristics and not the real ones.I have tryied to change the values with thoses from the m107 from Arma 2 but values and coef doesn't seems to be same or compatibles ( i don't know).i don't understand to much about this and if somebody can help me to config weapon with good values he is welcome ..Anyway of course i want that m107 have his real power of fire and i will do everything for it.

hey g00d69 how would I add my own scope to ur mod to use for the gun? currently can't attach my preffered custom scope in-game, so how would I do this with the files like where would I place/name it inside the mod?

hey g00d69 how would I add my own scope to ur mod to use for the gun? currently can't attach my preffered custom scope in-game, so how would I do this with the files like where would I place/name it inside the mod?

hello

if you have the p3d model, need to create a new class in config file for your scope and for make it attachable with proxy with weapons in game : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Optics

I have make a new update (V1.1) , please see frontpage topic above for details and new download link (caliber 127x99mm added etc........)

Edited by g00d69

Can you please sign and key it ?

Haz

Any update on the sound of the gun? Will definitely give a download once that is fixed.

Other than that, real great work.

Now that's a nice looking Barret!! Hope there will be more updates and added functions in the near future as Arma III progresses.

I have the most recent download, sounds not fixed still, and in my opinion, the Recoil isn't quite to where it should be and also, in-game it fires way faster than in real life.

I have the most recent download, sounds not fixed still, and in my opinion, the Recoil isn't quite to where it should be and also, in-game it fires way faster than in real life.

It's a very nice model - at the same time I think the gun fire is more realistic than it previously was, You actually get shot before you hear the report of the rifle being shot with a sniper in real life.

So this should not be adjusted at all imo...

Great job, probably the best m107 I've seen in a long while. I hope you'll be able to get the BORS system working in later updates, it would add much more immersion to the game. Keep up the good work.

Tomorrow i will update my addon with great great sounds that LordJarhead (creator of J.S.R.S. Soundmod) has kindly make for me. Prepare your ears ! :)

Hello

New Update V1.2 with LordJarhead weapon sounds :) .Please, see first frontpage post above for Changelog , credits and download link.

Edited by g00d69

pardon my n00be type question but how does this play out for online servers? Do you have to add something to the server files?

pardon my n00be type question but how does this play out for online servers? Do you have to add something to the server files?

The most common encountered recipe is:

1)You must running the addon as Client

2)Server must also running the addon in it's mod-line

3)Mission running on server must have the weapon and it's ammo as mission asset (on a specific ammobox/fixed on a unit etc..)

====================

All above parameters must been met

Edited by GiorgyGR

Really great weapon. Now its harder to spot enemies when the scope is showing smaller area, but its more realistic.

There are few ERRORS: i can't hear shots when my friend is shooting with Barret // when he is changing his weapon from a Barret's ammo box i dont see the visual difference standart weapon/new equipped barret

Is it just me or the mod is like that?

Really great weapon. Now its harder to spot enemies when the scope is showing smaller area, but its more realistic.

There are few ERRORS: i can't hear shots when my friend is shooting with Barret // when he is changing his weapon from a Barret's ammo box i dont see the visual difference standart weapon/new equipped barret

Is it just me or the mod is like that?

hello

about your issue with the sound,i don't know from what it comes from. i have asked to some other people if they have the same issue and they don't.:(

and about visual difference between weapons its normal , there are not actually different camo and all models textures are same, only the accessories (scopes and muzzles) are different when you change weapons from box

also in next update i will add zoom for scopes, tweaks for weapon damages (specially against vehicles) , new ammos and other smaller fixes .....