Which one? Can't find anything related. Do you mean the old one ? A month ago?

July 4: 3GB memory limit disabled because it caused memory-related crashes (this does not mean we’re stopping work in this field)

July 4: 3GB memory limit disabled because it caused memory-related crashes (this does not mean we’re stopping work in this field)

Thanks Greenfist, I just hoped for fresh news.

I think the Arsenal is one of the best additions to Arma since Zeus and I hope in the long run it can be utilized to partly replace to default inventory system/menu, because it seems much more flexible and intuitive.

For now, I'd like to see the option to make custom player saved loadouts available as Zeus and not only those that have been saved on Zeus' computer. Being able to spawn units saved in the arsenal as Zeus or in the editor would also be great.

The sound effect additions are very nice. :thumbs-up: Seagull first, now doors. Hope to see even more, especially animal voices.

UAV terminal view still crashes if pressing M.

That sound of the door to kick from the alpha version, have added a sound for when opening the parachute :now: :fones:

The door sounds are pretty WIP (seems like the same sound for any door type, and the closing sound is pretty out of sync), but I'm looking forward to improvements.

The door sounds are pretty WIP (seems like the same sound for any door type, and the closing sound is pretty out of sync), but I'm looking forward to improvements.

Maybe after the Kart DLC, the doors DLC^^.

I hope many improvment of the parachute... When i see the perfect anim of the parachute in VBS and the crappy anim in Arma 3, i'm not happy...

In Arma 3, there is a huge time when you press the parachute option and the anim of the action...

Also, the action was so long...

And when we fall in the water, your guy take the primary gun before to swim :butbut: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Import the VBS model please :)))))))))))

"Added: Doors now make a sound when being opened [and closed]"

Holy fuck, this is a revolution in the Arma series. I hope there will be different sounds for special doors (like the Biolab ones) though.

Edited by FrankHH

I hadn't realized they didn't make sound until today. Then again, my brain's sound engine has been pretty effective at covering these sorts of things up.

The sounds for doors are just the first version, and our best men already work on some improvements :icon_twisted:

With all respect but nobody that I know of ever complained about doors having no sounds.

I love you BI but please focus on the major issues instead of minor details. Minor details can be fixed in the future if you want and have the time to. :)

The sounds for doors are just the first version, and our best men already work on some improvements :icon_twisted:

Really? I can not believe it! :nerner::whip:

With all respect but nobody that I know of ever complained about doors having no sounds.

I love you BI but please focus on the major issues instead of minor details. Minor details can be fixed in the future if you want and have the time to. :)

You're right and all, but this game lacks a LOT of minor details. There are so many little, immersion-breaking issues that my mind explodes just by thinking about them. Most of them regard sounds.

You probably wouldn't see a lot of people complaining about something so specific, but you do see people complaining about the game world feeling lifeless. Just the other day I was wishing for things like window shutters flapping in the wind. Small details like this add up and can vastly improve immersion, which is something I highly value in Arma.

You probably wouldn't see a lot of people complaining about something so specific, but you do see people complaining about the game world feeling lifeless. Just the other day I was wishing for things like window shutters flapping in the wind. Small details like this add up and can vastly improve immersion, which is something I highly value in Arma.

Totally agree, the game needs those small details :icon_hug: :notworthy:

Exactly. More little details -> world feels more believable -> game becomes more immersive.

For instance, I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw a rainbow, or when I saw my AI squad leader doing a stop sign with his hand, right after we encountered enemies in our path. That felt amazing.

Ever wondered why the world of GTA feels so believable and immersive? Because there's lots of little details. Take a look at this.

If only they fixed the grass LOD switching being very visible, that would be super duper great. It's my 1st immersion killer.

You can't seriously compare Arma to GTA 5 , please! I agree that minor details make a huge difference , but I believe that the priority is wrong.

[*]Fixed: Problems with create message ordering for JIP

We would like to kindly ask you for helping us test this change. It was made to fix the ugly issue with crew members of a vehicle flying all over it (while they should supposedly sit inside it). It may easily cause severe issues, break join in progress, bring down servers,... turn doges into kittehs, etc.

Let us know, please.

Thanks a lot!

You may want to try tpw's mod package, that adds interacting civilians, animal life, aircraft flybys, parked cars, as well as sea and land traffic.

Yay!

I agree that minor details make a huge difference , but I believe that the priority is wrong.

What makes you think the door sounds were a high priority in any way? For all we know, there might have been one sound guy working on it occasionally for last few weeks and now they just decided to publish it.

Do you think they shouldn't publish any minor fixes at all until every big one is done?

What makes you think the door sounds were a high priority in any way? For all we know, there might have been one sound guy working on it occasionally for last few weeks and now they just decided to publish it.

Do you think they shouldn't publish any minor fixes at all until every big one is done?

No they should publish minor fixes as long as they publish major fixes that I unfortunately can't see.

We would like to kindly ask you for helping us test this change. It was made to fix the ugly issue with crew members of a vehicle flying all over it (while they should supposedly sit inside it). It may easily cause severe issues, break join in progress, bring down servers,... turn doges into kittehs, etc.

Let us know, please.

Thanks a lot!

It would be great if you guys could set up an "official" dev branch testing server, similar to the other PERF/PROF servers. :)

That way you could get the data straight from the source - just make the IP/port known and people will come.

No, you won't be able to do that, you still need a Terminal of your own side to control any UAV. But you are now able to change the side of an enemy UAV (via action menu and only if you are an UAV Operator) to your own and connect to it after that. We have been thinking about ability to use a stolen enemy Terminal as well, but there would be negative impact on persistent game mods. One stolen Terminal of your side and all your UAVs would be almost useless for the rest of the game. Because of this, we have decided to use different approach, which is currently present in dev branch.

Thx fod the answer :)